Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Try and get your GK to practices or Id sessions prior to the actual tryouts. It's a better way for the coach to assess them and you can check out the coach, other players etc. One or more options might get eliminated that way and then the tryout scheduling becomes easier

Probe on who the GK trainer is and who much separate GK training there vs with the team. Don't bother with a club that doesn't have a decent GK training program
    That last sentence narrows the possibilities quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      That last sentence narrows the possibilities quickly.
      That is very true. But it's a necessity if your GK wants to improve. Other option is get the club to comp your fees so you can pay for good private GK training. Clubs are often struggling to find GKs and might be willing to strike a deal.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I should have added a bit more detail I think.

This is our 4th year with club. I know that the tryouts always overlap, and that we should attend practices beforehand.

We did that with our preferred choice of club previously. But not recently.

Was more concerned whether we attend all tryouts at the preferred choice, and only 1 at our 2nd choice. Or 2 tryouts at each.

I don't know the keeper situation at either club, and hate to put all of our eggs into one basket. Some clubs like to have one keeper per team. Some will take 2.

Not sure whether we want to stay with current club, so looking for possible move on options.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X