Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have no problem with top talent getting one. A national player or players certainly should be retained. Wouldn't fault them one bit.

What I have a problem with is the next level. Because you don't currently play on ECNL team doesn't mean you shouldn't be considered.

Can you honestly tell me JB has looked at NPL players within the club? Kids develop at different times in their life. He should give everyone a chance.

He didn't and that is wrong.
    Yes we would all like the process to be fair and everyone get an opportunity, but it's not. If you are waiting for tryouts to get the chance to show them what you have,you are already too late

Comment

Yes we would all like the process to be fair and everyone get an opportunity, but it's not. If you are waiting for tryouts to get the chance to show them what you have,you are already too late
      Yes, you need to advocate a bit for your kid to get an earlier look. Make sure that they know your daughter is interested and then ask to go to current practices, or ask to have been looked at the ID clinics.

Comment

I have no problem with top talent getting one. A national player or players certainly should be retained. Wouldn't fault them one bit.

What I have a problem with is the next level. Because you don't currently play on ECNL team doesn't mean you shouldn't be considered.

Can you honestly tell me JB has looked at NPL players within the club? Kids develop at different times in their life. He should give everyone a chance.

I regret to inform you that once your daughter is pigeonhole on a npl team at u13/14 there is no movement up to ecnl at stars. You should’ve known this if your part of the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          I regret to inform you that once your daughter is pigeonhole on a npl team at u13/14 there is no movement up to ecnl at stars. You should’ve known this if your part of the organization.
          Another false statement. Wow people are desperate.

Comment

Dude why don't you pack up and leave?

Comment

This is a timeless theme in club soccer. Parent convinced that top player(s) on lower team are interchangeable with subs on higher team. They are probably.right, but few coaches want to disrupt team to upgrade bench. Do you really think they don't know who can play on their teams?

Comment

Wrong. My D is on a Stars NPL team, and a few girls have moved up to ECNL over the years. The numbers are small, I'll grant you, but it is not impossible.

Comment

I think there is A LOT that JB can be criticized for, but this isn't one of them. I would even argue JB could be criticized for giving roster spots and minutes to players that they clearly didn't deserve.

Comment

Wrong. My D is on a Stars NPL team, and a few girls have moved up to ECNL over the years. The numbers are small, I'll grant you, but it is not impossible.
                    They may move up to an ECNL team. Isnt their coach taking the second ECNL team? i think it would be unlikely to jump from a third to first team?

Comment

They may move up to an ECNL team. Isnt their coach taking the second ECNL team? i think it would be unlikely to jump from a third to first team?
                      Yes I agree with the poster. Third team to first won’t
                      happen in one season.

Comment

You are making my point.

JB, because he doesn't consider every player, is as you say is "giving roster spots and minutes to players that they clearly didn't deserve". Meaning someone else did!

Again, if it was a great team that was working, I get it. That is not the case. Even ask the current DA parents and they will tell you there are players should not be there.

My criticisms is that JB wont look at the whole pool of players. That is wrong.

I think there is A LOT that JB can be criticized for, but this isn't one of them. I would even argue JB could be criticized for giving roster spots and minutes to players that they clearly didn't deserve.

Comment

You are making my point.

JB, because he doesn't consider every player, is as you say is "giving roster spots and minutes to players that they clearly didn't deserve". Meaning someone else did!

Again, if it was a great team that was working, I get it. That is not the case. Even ask the current DA parents and they will tell you there are players should not be there.

My criticisms is that JB wont look at the whole pool of players. That is wrong.
                          Part of every roster is filler...but don't tell parents that.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            see ya in mendon!
                            and the winner is....?

Comment

Stars parent-well known that it is easier to get on a higher team coming in from outside than if you are with the club. Why would they pull a player up from a third team and move someone down unless they are light years better-they know the player on the third team, especially by U15, is likely going to stay anyhow. Yes top kids on third team can probably replace bottom of the roster on second team, etc, but why rock the bench? They will use the upper level spot to lure in new people. Happens every year.

Comment

Stars parent-well known that it is easier to get on a higher team coming in from outside than if you are with the club. Why would they pull a player up from a third team and move someone down unless they are light years better-they know the player on the third team, especially by U15, is likely going to stay anyhow. Yes top kids on third team can probably replace bottom of the roster on second team, etc, but why rock the bench? They will use the upper level spot to lure in new people. Happens every year.
                                Basically how it works everywhere.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X