Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-If covid had knocked some sense into us -

Stars, NEFC, SSS, Strikers, Seacoast, and gasp, maybe even Surf would play one another in competitive games and we wouldn’t have to travel hours to play similar competition.

What else would make sense but will never happen?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stars, NEFC, SSS, Strikers, Seacoast, and gasp, maybe even Surf would play one another in competitive games and we wouldn’t have to travel hours to play similar competition.

unfortunately it will never ever happen for 1: select's last league game is this Saturday so please eliminate them. Select isn't looking for competition this year. They are just looking to make as much money as possible with extra clinics, mentoring and privates and games totally get in the way of making money!

Comment

Not as long as those clubs who run leagues feel that they need to drive hours to get a game in.

Comment

Not as long as those clubs who run leagues feel that they need to drive hours to get a game in.
        I would have agreed except that staying local meant playing pretend soccer under the MA rules. If Covid had truly knocked some sense into us we'd be playing local games under normal rules. As it is even some "local" games between Stars and Scorpions, for example, will be played out of state unless the useless fixation on throw ins, tackling, corner kicks etc. goes away.

Comment

All the people whining about pretend soccer are idiots, have never seen a game, or have an axe to grind (which is, their no-skill kid can't deal with a game where they aren't allowed to push other kids around). Or all of the above.

Comment

Let's not forget that this league mess is a result of the stupid choices made by the people who have created and run these leagues for their own glory and profit. Any of them who claims to care about youth soccer needs to help fix this mess.

Comment

All the people whining about pretend soccer are idiots, have never seen a game, or have an axe to grind (which is, their no-skill kid can't deal with a game where they aren't allowed to push other kids around). Or all of the above.
              Not true at all. I don't like the rules and your description couldn't be further from describing me. I also know many other people who have been involved in soccer at all levels for years. Not a single one likes the rules and most view them as unnecessary. I realize there are likely some reasonable people who are fine with them but to characterize everyone who doesn't as an "idiot" who has "never seen a game" is ridiculous - but, I suppose, a sign of the times where anyone who doesn't agree with your position must be stupid. I wouldn't call you an idiot for having the opposing view, except in this case the ignorance of your post would seem to warrant it.

Comment

Remove Surf from the list they haven't proven anything.
                Add Scorpions and Bayside. Surf meh.

Comment

Strikers & Surf?????? Hahahahahaha

Comment

It would appear that the higher level leagues (ECNL and GA) are specifically avoiding having games played in MA due to the rule changes. I guess the kids in those leagues are “no-skill”?

Comment

It would appear that the higher level leagues (ECNL and GA) are specifically avoiding having games played in MA due to the rule changes. I guess the kids in those leagues are “no-skill”?
                      No sh*t! I'm getting really tired of travelling to CT and NH every weekend. MA and RI governments and soccer associations need to get their heads out of their arses and get some real soccer going.

Comment

Everyone is getting the hell away from MA and R.I.
                        Kids in masks playing soccer?? BS!
                        No throw ins? Ok foolish.
                        No shoulder to shoulder? Again just dumb.

I don’t want to drive to NH or CT but I will to avoid that BS.
                        Our club is forcing our kids to practice and play scrimmages in masks.
                        We are looking for a new club that is not being over the top on these rules.
                        Glad to find plenty of clubs without the damn mask at practice rule.

Comment

Everyone is getting the hell away from MA and R.I.
                          Kids in masks playing soccer?? BS!
                          No throw ins? Ok foolish.
                          No shoulder to shoulder? Again just dumb.

I don’t want to drive to NH or CT but I will to avoid that BS.
                          Our club is forcing our kids to practice and play scrimmages in masks.
                          We are looking for a new club that is not being over the top on these rules.
                          Glad to find plenty of clubs without the damn mask at practice rule.
                          bye bye...
                          Signed: your current club

Comment

Not true at all. I don't like the rules and your description couldn't be further from describing me. I also know many other people who have been involved in soccer at all levels for years. Not a single one likes the rules and most view them as unnecessary. I realize there are likely some reasonable people who are fine with them but to characterize everyone who doesn't as an "idiot" who has "never seen a game" is ridiculous - but, I suppose, a sign of the times where anyone who doesn't agree with your position must be stupid. I wouldn't call you an idiot for having the opposing view, except in this case the ignorance of your post would seem to warrant it.
                            Good response, but I must say that in essence, even with all the unnecessary rules, quality soccer hasn't changed that much. The fundamentals of the game are still permitted. Those fundamentals happen to be the weaknesses of most kids in America. So, what's the big deal? So, I agree, let's not call people idiots, let's just call them misguided. Fair?

Comment

bye bye...
                              Signed: your current club
                              What is that response?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X