Democrats don’t care about the poor
      Their shutdowns are hurting the poor the most
      While you can afford to work from home, get delivery of food items etc
      and take no risk. Stay home stay safe.
      You are just pushing the risk to the poor who must work
      I go out and do my part (live normally)
      Meanwhile you want to keep putting the rush on the poor on your behalf
      Typical limousine liberals of CT
      Never mind the poor are the ones who also lost their jobs to a greater degree
      BTW CDC & WHO both now show the risk of death is equivalent to seasonal flu.
      Trump and the GOP have stalled personal and business assistance for months. Yesterday Trump flip flopped - initially he said no more aid.
      It clobbered the market, then Mnuchin and the Fed Chair got a hold of him. Now he wants to send $1200 out to everyone right away. But blanket check writing isn't an answer either. There are people who don't need that money. They're working. But there are certain industries that are still struggling and millions still unemployed. Focus on helping them longer. Entertainment, bars, dining and travel won't come back until people feel safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Trump and the GOP have stalled personal and business assistance for months. Yesterday Trump flip flopped - initially he said no more aid.
        It clobbered the market, then Mnuchin and the Fed Chair got a hold of him. Now he wants to send $1200 out to everyone right away. But blanket check writing isn't an answer either. There are people who don't need that money. They're working. But there are certain industries that are still struggling and millions still unemployed. Focus on helping them longer. Entertainment, bars, dining and travel won't come back until people feel safe.
        That’s a very interesting spin on what actually went on
        You of course know that Nancy was involved in the negotiations and she controls the money side
        BTW- the market didn’t get clobbered it went down like 1.5% no different than last week- the market doesn’t always go up- likely to end the week higher
        People do feel safe- the Dem gobs just wont open the businesses up- the info is out there if you care to look, not hard to figure out

Comment

Democrats = Big Government, Nanny State, Victimhood
          Republicans = Smaller Government, Independence, Personal Freedom

Comment

come out from under your rock...they have been talking about a second stimulus check for weeks...the real issues are the pork that the dems have put into their proposal...$600 extra is ridiculous and I am not really happy with the $400 they were going to settle for...and I cannot believe that you support the bailout for the rich on their taxes that Nancy proposed...how very conservative of you

Comment

Democrats don’t care about the poor
              Their shutdowns are hurting the poor the most
              While you can afford to work from home, get delivery of food items etc
              and take no risk. Stay home stay safe.
              You are just pushing the risk to the poor who must work
              I go out and do my part (live normally)
              Meanwhile you want to keep putting the rush on the poor on your behalf
              Typical limousine liberals of CT
              Never mind the poor are the ones who also lost their jobs to a greater degree
              BTW CDC & WHO both now show the risk of death is equivalent to seasonal flu.
              210000 dead in 9 months after extreme precautions when looking at COVID. Annually about 60,000 dead in one year after no precautions when looking at flu. you tell me what you see. I would say COVID is 10 times more deadly than the seasonal flu.

Comment

That’s a very interesting spin on what actually went on
                You of course know that Nancy was involved in the negotiations and she controls the money side
                BTW- the market didn’t get clobbered it went down like 1.5% no different than last week- the market doesn’t always go up- likely to end the week higher
                People do feel safe- the Dem gobs just wont open the businesses up- the info is out there if you care to look, not hard to figure out
                House has passed two bills with stimulus. Senate wont even vote on anything. Cant compromise if the other side does not put something on the table.
                Trump needs to push the Senate to actually do something if he wants this to look like the Democrats fault. It will kill me when Democrats control the presidency and both houses but this is what the Trump people really want.

Comment

House has passed two bills with stimulus. Senate wont even vote on anything. Cant compromise if the other side does not put something on the table.
                  Trump needs to push the Senate to actually do something if he wants this to look like the Democrats fault. It will kill me when Democrats control the presidency and both houses but this is what the Trump people really want.
                  Oh he quickly changed course last night after the markets started to stumble and no doubt Fed Chariman Powell picked up the phone to ask him w t f? A recent survey showed 72% of ALL Americans (not just Dems) want stimulus/covid bills to be prioritized over SCOTUS confirmation. Unfortunately the GOP and Dems have very different ideas on what is needed nor is it something that should be rammed through in no time. As you said the Dems have presented numerous options that the GOP has sat on. They have no one to blame but themselves if a deal can't be done before November.

Comment

Oh he quickly changed course last night after the markets started to stumble and no doubt Fed Chariman Powell picked up the phone to ask him w t f? A recent survey showed 72% of ALL Americans (not just Dems) want stimulus/covid bills to be prioritized over SCOTUS confirmation. Unfortunately the GOP and Dems have very different ideas on what is needed nor is it something that should be rammed through in no time. As you said the Dems have presented numerous options that the GOP has sat on. They have no one to blame but themselves if a deal can't be done before November.
                    so you support tax breaks for the wealthy?

Comment

210000 dead in 9 months after extreme precautions when looking at COVID. Annually about 60,000 dead in one year after no precautions when looking at flu. you tell me what you see. I would say COVID is 10 times more deadly than the seasonal flu.
                      a mathematician you are not.

Comment

do you know how stuff actually gets passed in the United states?
                        ever hear of a thing called reconciliation? happens all the time

Comment

do you know how stuff actually gets passed in the United states?
                          ever hear of a thing called reconciliation? happens all the time
                          Hard to reconcile anything when McConnell won't even put things up for committee examination, let alone a full vote. Last year he sat on over 400 bills the house passed. That's not negotiating, that's obstructing.

Comment

and 60K is a very bad flu year; most years it closer to half that. People have some flu immunities and there's a vaccine.

Comment

the house did pass 2 bills- both included dem wish lists that would benefit constituencies and not the general economy

stimulus checks for illegals
                              health benefits for illegals
                              hyde act etc.... try to actually read what the house passed , Senate was never going to pass that crap

Comment

the house did pass 2 bills- both included dem wish lists that would benefit constituencies and not the general economy

stimulus checks for illegals
                                health benefits for illegals
                                hyde act etc.... try to actually read what the house passed , Senate was never going to pass that crap
                                Stimulus checks for incarcerated people too!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X