Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Right on with #2. SSS parents are notorious for wasting an obscene amount of money for no apparent reason other than they have it.
    I always saw the concept of "wasting money" as spending money on something that has little or no value to the person who is spending it. In that case, the people spending the money on ODP, SSS, or club soccer in general are the only ones who can determine if they are wasting it. You can decide if the money you're spending is wasted, let others decide if the money they're spending is wasted.

Comment

And you heard this where? Link? (could be true, but just saying so on TS means nothing)

Also no regional events in the midst of covid would not be unexpected.
      I asked the regional coach (who was just let go). It's a financial decision by ODP. There will be no regional camp, competition, etc. next summer.

You can also ask. Not that hard.

Comment

I asked the regional coach (who was just let go). It's a financial decision by ODP. There will be no regional camp, competition, etc. next summer.

No doubt they felt it impossible to plan anything with so much in flux right now. Dates have to be selected, venues booked etc.

Comment

Not entirely true. Head Regional Staff were let go and will likely not be rehired or replaced until just before next Regional events.

ODP missed a year of ID events and it wouldn’t be prudent of USYS to continue paying salaries when there are no tours or regional events.

USYS are still planning for Regional ID Camps and Tournaments, at least for one more year as they have several large deposits/credits with venues. Whether events are able to take place in Spring of 2021 will all be down to COVID and protocols for each of the states involved.

Comment

Not entirely true. Head Regional Staff were let go and will likely not be rehired or replaced until just before next Regional events.

ODP missed a year of ID events and it wouldn’t be prudent of USYS to continue paying salaries when there are no tours or regional events.

USYS are still planning for Regional ID Camps and Tournaments, at least for one more year as they have several large deposits/credits with venues. Whether events are able to take place in Spring of 2021 will all be down to COVID and protocols for each of the states involved.
            Thanks for the clarification. Will they be able to have the regional summer camp without the senior coaches (ignoring Covid for now)?

Comment

Anyone know how soon they let girls know if they made it?

Comment

November 25th

Comment

Anyone know how soon they let girls know if they made it?
                  If you're looking to blow extra money send it my way

Comment

Has anyone received the odp team selection list?

Comment

most likely all south shore select girls. 1/2 their club are playing on the U-12 to U-14 teams. My daughter tells me that they only hang out with other select teammates. It's weird. It's like they have their own big click at ODP and if you don't play for select than you aren't in it. Is select part of ODP?

Comment

most likely all south shore select girls. 1/2 their club are playing on the U-12 to U-14 teams. My daughter tells me that they only hang out with other select teammates. It's weird. It's like they have their own big click at ODP and if you don't play for select than you aren't in it. Is select part of ODP?
                        If this is even 1/2 true then wow... that must absolutely suck for non SSS players.

Comment

No one else needs ODP.

Comment

Are you talking about Roster?

Comment

any roster updates???

Comment

State ODP rosters were selected in late November. They have been practicing since early January - 2 training sessions completed already.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X