X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    bullshi#

We are talking about kids soccer and that dipshi# is quoting trump.

Don’t be a dumbas$. That’s politics.
    Quoting trump, who was referring to the science. Sorry you are feeling triggered by feelings of cognitive dissonance, snowflake.

Comment

Quoting trump, who was referring to the science. Sorry you are feeling triggered by feelings of cognitive dissonance, snowflake.
      Again, your flatulence of the mouth gets the best of you. Say it with me, “I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!”

Comment

Again, your flatulence of the mouth gets the best of you. Say it with me, “I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!”
        I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Comment

I don’t think that word means what you think it means.
          it does. you are an idiot.

Comment

Rumor from Olympia is to expect Inslee to announce updated guidance on youth sports this Thursday. Should allow low and medium contact sports games including soccer, baseball/softball, lacrosse, flag football, and...ultimate frisbee I hear...lol. Football and indoor sports like basketball and hockey still screwed.
            And ... crickets

Comment

And ... crickets
              They devoted an entire press conference to airline executives convincing us to get on death tubes instead...

Comment

So ... indoor basketball is okay but outdoor soccer is not. Let's take a look at the category of sports (football, baseball, basketball) that are active and how that relates to the voting base. Expect no sweeping changes until after the elections

Comment

So ... indoor basketball is okay but outdoor soccer is not. Let's take a look at the category of sports (football, baseball, basketball) that are active and how that relates to the voting base. Expect no sweeping changes until after the elections
                  Here in Seattle, baseball teams are now playing games with umps at city parks (with parks officials checking them in), so seem to be treating the state’s “guidelines” as outdated and no longer effective. Not sure why soccer isn’t in the same boat as it is also a moderate risk sport.

Comment

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the above statement, is the writer suggesting there is some bias, favoritism towards football, baseball and basketball?

Comment

nice to see titans fc running full scrimmages at parks while actual clubs can't scrimmage

Comment

nice to see titans fc running full scrimmages at parks while actual clubs can't scrimmage
                        Don't like the Titans, Adam Nowland is a tool trying to profit off of wealthy eastside families and doesn't have the temperament to be coaching U13 and under. However, I have no issue with private clubs (albeit he is using public resources) having kids play soccer.

Similarly, I don't have a problem with:
                        -restaurants that are "bending the rules" and letting non household guests sit together
                        -private schools and public schools re-opening
                        -daycares opening
                        -Air travel
                        -Retail and Malls being open
                        -Universities opening
                        -Barbershops

And a whole host of other examples in our community where people aren't self isolating at home. It seems when it is convenient for us, we are willing to bend the rules. How can anyone tell me that sitting in a barber chair, or getting on an airplane is safe simply because we are wearing a cloth mask? I'm all for masks, and I think it has had a positive effect on outcomes. Just seems like we justify somethings out of convenience.

Is it yet another example of BS from the Titans? Sure. But I can affirm it isn't isolated to the Titans. I don't know specific examples of RCL Soccer clubs bending the rules, but all you have to do is visit your local ballfield and find examples of small/large group soccer private coaching, Football, Lacrosse, Baseball, Basketball etc being played.

Comment

Don't like the Titans, Adam Nowland is a tool trying to profit off of wealthy eastside families and doesn't have the temperament to be coaching U13 and under. However, I have no issue with private clubs (albeit he is using public resources) having kids play soccer.

Similarly, I don't have a problem with:
                          -restaurants that are "bending the rules" and letting non household guests sit together
                          -private schools and public schools re-opening
                          -daycares opening
                          -Air travel
                          -Retail and Malls being open
                          -Universities opening
                          -Barbershops

And a whole host of other examples in our community where people aren't self isolating at home. It seems when it is convenient for us, we are willing to bend the rules. How can anyone tell me that sitting in a barber chair, or getting on an airplane is safe simply because we are wearing a cloth mask? I'm all for masks, and I think it has had a positive effect on outcomes. Just seems like we justify somethings out of convenience.

Is it yet another example of BS from the Titans? Sure. But I can affirm it isn't isolated to the Titans. I don't know specific examples of RCL Soccer clubs bending the rules, but all you have to do is visit your local ballfield and find examples of small/large group soccer private coaching, Football, Lacrosse, Baseball, Basketball etc being played.
                          People shouldn't be bending the rules. It's why we can't have nice things like Phase 3.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

I think that if WYS was serious they'd adopt a player pass that incorporates at least weekly testing. No covid test, no play.

Comment

People shouldn't be bending the rules. It's why we can't have nice things like Phase 3.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

I think that if WYS was serious they'd adopt a player pass that incorporates at least weekly testing. No covid test, no play.
                            the testing is interesting, but i think they’d have to pay for it, or at least organize. i’m in complete agreement with you, but how many games would be cancelled because the other team couldn’t roster enough kids due to testing. It’s not just the cost, you would have issues with the availability of parents to get their kids tested.

It’s hard enough just getting the kids to remember to bring both jerseys to a home game.

Comment

My understanding is that level of testing is prohibitive for youth sports. That’s why you currently see only professional and high level collegiate sports happening right now. You could probably do some sort of documentation affirming lack of symptoms and temperature checks like a lot of businesses are doing right now. Some crazy parents will still let sick kids play, but it’s better than nothing.

Honestly, I have a hard time coming up with many clubs that aren’t “bending” the rules. They are either running full on scrimmages, traveling to Phase 3 areas/states, or looking the other way while parents, players, coaches organize “unofficial” scrimmages. None of those are right, but that’s my observation.

Comment

My understanding is that level of testing is prohibitive for youth sports. That’s why you currently see only professional and high level collegiate sports happening right now. You could probably do some sort of documentation affirming lack of symptoms and temperature checks like a lot of businesses are doing right now. Some crazy parents will still let sick kids play, but it’s better than nothing.

Honestly, I have a hard time coming up with many clubs that aren’t “bending” the rules. They are either running full on scrimmages, traveling to Phase 3 areas/states, or looking the other way while parents, players, coaches organize “unofficial” scrimmages. None of those are right, but that’s my observation.
                                The state is now a total outlier on youth sports. Almost all other states are playing. Ours is gradually adopting new, specific reopening guidelines for a bizarre array of businesses (hay rides, corn mazes, bowling, u pick Christmas trees), while allowing indoor activities (like restaurants at limited capacity) that are more risky than youth sports. Many sports seem to just be treating the guidelines as just that — playing baseball games (with city parks officials there monitoring), running a 7v7 football camp in olympia, and even (apparently, in the case of Titans) having soccer scrimmages. It’s nonsense that kids aren’t back playing soccer yet and is only undermining the willingness of people to abide by those restrictions they truly do something to control the spread of the disease.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X