Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fans at HS games

Just heard from a coach in the SWC, no spectators at games. All sports.
    Thoughts?

Makes sense. If that’s what we have to do so that our kids can play then I don’t see an issue.

Comment

Will someone be assigned to send out photos of my child so I can get them onto FB?

How will the world know about their exploits?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thoughts?
        That's CIAC's recommendation but they are leaving it up to districts to set their own standards. I imagine that most districts will allow some spectators but they have to develop a standard that applies to all schools in the district.

Volleyball may be different because our high school has said that non-staff adults (i.e. parents) will not be allowed inside schools.

Comment

That's CIAC's recommendation but they are leaving it up to districts to set their own standards. I imagine that most districts will allow some spectators but they have to develop a standard that applies to all schools in the district.

Volleyball may be different because our high school has said that non-staff adults (i.e. parents) will not be allowed inside schools.
          I don’t think schools will allow spectators for any sports. Football obviously draws the largest crowds, can’t say no fans for football but it’s ok for other sports. The football parents would go apeshît.

There’s no easy way to manage numbers, most schools aren’t equipped for crowd limitation controls.

Comment

Thoughts?
            this causes huge problems when i need to plan when i can bang some of the moms

Comment

I don’t think schools will allow spectators for any sports. Football obviously draws the largest crowds, can’t say no fans for football but it’s ok for other sports. The football parents would go apeshît.

There’s no easy way to manage numbers, most schools aren’t equipped for crowd limitation controls.
              Perhaps they should simply set limits on fans allowed, rather than assume stadium will be half filled as with football's one game per week on a friday night. I dont think there will be social distancing issues for x-country or freshman, jv, or varsity soccer games!

Comment

Perhaps they should simply set limits on fans allowed, rather than assume stadium will be half filled as with football's one game per week on a friday night. I dont think there will be social distancing issues for x-country or freshman, jv, or varsity soccer games!

They should let the parents watch. No one wants to watch girls soccer other than parents anyway. Compared to the boys side, it's like watching soccer but the players are underwater.

Comment

Business opportunity here. Someone needs to buy a drone and live-stream games. Charge parents $5/game for access. Profit.

Comment

Just have limits - for football or any sport, with home team parents getting first priority and then whoever is left. Football is tougher to manage because of number, maybe have a lottery system or something. But you can socially distance 20 parents at a soccer game, which, other than night games is about all you get during the week any way

Comment

Will someone be assigned to send out photos of my child so I can get them onto FB?

How will the world know about their exploits?
                      Laugh all you want but put yourself in the shoes of senior parents who want to see their child's last few games, or the senior players with no one there to watch on senior night. There are ways to manage it, especially for soccer, cross country or Field Hockey

Comment

Laugh all you want but put yourself in the shoes of senior parents who want to see their child's last few games, or the senior players with no one there to watch on senior night. There are ways to manage it, especially for soccer, cross country or Field Hockey
                        stop worrying

if we get the season in there will be at least family allowed at games
                        i take fans to mean student body and people just going to the game - this will affect football the most
                        , but i have been to Girls soccer games with big fan attendance

Comment

stop worrying

if we get the season in there will be at least family allowed at games
                          i take fans to mean student body and people just going to the game - this will affect football the most
                          , but i have been to Girls soccer games with big fan attendance
                          The SWC coach I spoke with said zero spectators, parents included. Complete horseshît.

Comment

The SWC coach I spoke with said zero spectators, parents included. Complete horseshît.
                            thats not the case- its not even consistent with any guidlines

you could have 40 people 6 ft apart down the sideline fences and another 40 in the stands 6 ft apart at most high schools RHS, mcmahon and ludlowe you can fit more

schools like stjs staples where they have a hill another 40-60

let the school districs make their recommendations before everyone looses their minds

Comment

We have been told that by our coach as well - NOBODY - and I agree it's absurd. As others have said there's ways to manage a few parents standing around a field at pm on Tuesday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X