Superliga

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No superliga this fall. Heard from a friend on my town soccer board.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Then Superliga needs to go. They aren't even making an effort for RI. I hope parents and those who care about sports for kids do something about this. MA, playing, CT, playing, NH, playing, NY playing, WTH is wrong with RI? We are one of the safest best states but Superliga thrown in the towel? If this is true and not a troll they should quit Superliga. A husband and wife making those decisions with out a vote from athletes parents, and coaches is trouble for our state. But I am hoping this was just a troll and Superliga does the right thing.I mean why would you be involved in Superliga or on any soccer board if you aren't actively trying to get soccer up this fall? Schools has green light so should Superliga.

Comment

This is a troll. Covid Karen again. BTW Superliga IS planning to do "the right thing." They are in meetings this week and trying to do everything they can to get soccer classified as low risk like NY and also keep RI a competitive state for soccer for all kids. They aren't dumb they know what our state needs. We have a ton of talent here and should be proud of it.

Comment

This is a troll. Covid Karen again. BTW Superliga IS planning to do "the right thing." They are in meetings this week and trying to do everything they can to get soccer classified as low risk like NY and also keep RI a competitive state for soccer for all kids. They aren't dumb they know what our state needs. We have a ton of talent here and should be proud of it.
          I'll be cautiously optimistic, but they haven't exactly been communicating any of this with anyone.

Comment

Soccer RI: Let's do more for our RI tweens and teens

different poster here, wondering do we need to talk to Soccer RI or Superliga to get our youth soccer? We need to do all we can fo these kids and no offense to younger kids agree with keep competitive travel to the u12 and above. Middle School and High School kids are getting the shaft. They aren't having high school or middle school soccer. Some of them are on clubs but even then those clubs aren't their town friends, some of the clubs aren't playing at those ages in the fall, and not all kids can afford club. So without the school sports these kids need their town programs. Boys (not to be sexist) are especially going to need soccer. I live in Providence and let me tell you the teens are getting into all kinds of stuff. Some of them would have been on the field with their coaches right now. Their coaches are like another das or sometimes the only day for these boys. If we can make an effort please Superliga or Soccer RI give competitive town soccer to the u12 and up. The younger kids will do fine with a fall season of rec and development but the kids getting older need more of an outlet.

Comment

I suggest you email SRI, you make good points:
              Soccer Rhode Island
              401-732-7800
              info@soccer-ri.com

I suggest everyone does.
              Main points I've read:
              NY is low risk.
              MA is moderate.
              Ri should not be high risk and SRI needs to get on that.
              I like the idea of competitive town u12 up.
              Less younger kids traveling this fall and older kids get the idea of wearing masks to practice etc.
              The younger kids develop and scrimmage, older kids compete.

Soccer RI has an obligation to provide soccer to all youth in RI. This is on their page. It is not just when THEY feel it's time. They need to consider all families. And in the end families not comfortable should stay home because you are right our kids need this outlet. They are at home or on the street getting into stuff. Soccer at town level is affordable for all kids. The boys, oh boy, the hormones are raging, drugs available, so many insecurities starting at 10, 11, especially in the city. They need soccer. It is their sport. You know these kids. They need you.

The boys need all the soccer they can get at this age. Keep em focused. Keep em moving. They need to play club, youth, school everything and anything or they do just tend to get a little crazy being at home learning and way too much time after school doing nothing.
              Come on parents, coaches, Superliga, SRI do this for RI.

Comment

SRI next board meeting is Sept 14.

SRI next board meeting is Sept 14. Two weeks. However they could just start scheduling the games and planning for the season now.

Everyone needs to rally and get petitions together before the board meeting if they want a season. Honestly this "board meeting" should be open to the parents of our players, coaches, referees. The middle school and high school kids should be able to have a coach too.

Give us soccer back. RI is doing great. Camps did great. Daycares are doing great and now Gov gave green light for schools too. This is the right thing to do for RI athletes.

Comment

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-child-covid-cases-rise-doctors-watch-for-potential-long-term-effects-11598289636?st=hjjdob05dzwib59&reflink=article_cop yURL_share

This is scary. Stop risking your kids health.
                  Doctors and/or medical scientists always look for long term risks. Thats their job.

Comment

Doctors and/or medical scientists always look for long term risks. Thats their job.
                    As noted before, the first line following that headline is, "Most child cases of Covid are mild."

Comment

This is not scary. Actually people who try to control, manipulate and cancel to meet their own agenda is what is scary. If there are members on the SRI board who are fear mongers they need to step down. Parents who enjoy soccer do not need to be controlled by fear mongers.
                      We have the right to choose what we want our kids to do. In this case we have the right to put our kids back in schools and sports. Just like we have the right to feed kids what we want and get flu shots if we want. The people who are making decision s FOR ALL based on fear and fake news are really the problem and need to stay home. The rest of the country is playing sports, attending school, church, daycare, restaurants. Again if you are scared you need to stay home and get out of our way. Kids need school and sports, and normal lives... not frightened grownups trying to stop everything.

Write to SRI and get soccer going.

Comment

Please please let's do this!!!

I suggest you email SRI, you make good points:
                        Soccer Rhode Island
                        401-732-7800
                        info@soccer-ri.com

I suggest everyone does.
                        Main points I've read:
                        NY is low risk.
                        MA is moderate.
                        Ri should not be high risk and SRI needs to get on that.
                        I like the idea of competitive town u12 up.
                        Less younger kids traveling this fall and older kids get the idea of wearing masks to practice etc.
                        The younger kids develop and scrimmage, older kids compete.

Soccer RI has an obligation to provide soccer to all youth in RI. This is on their page. It is not just when THEY feel it's time. They need to consider all families. And in the end families not comfortable should stay home because you are right our kids need this outlet. They are at home or on the street getting into stuff. Soccer at town level is affordable for all kids. The boys, oh boy, the hormones are raging, drugs available, so many insecurities starting at 10, 11, especially in the city. They need soccer. It is their sport. You know these kids. They need you.

The boys need all the soccer they can get at this age. Keep em focused. Keep em moving. They need to play club, youth, school everything and anything or they do just tend to get a little crazy being at home learning and way too much time after school doing nothing.
                        Come on parents, coaches, Superliga, SRI do this for RI.
                        Give our tweens and teens their soccer back. Youth of RI are going to head into obesity, depression, drugs, crime, soccer is an amazing sport for all kids at all economic level. SRI has an obligation to our youth of RI.. especially u12 and up. The teens are at greater risk not playing soccer than playing it.

Comment

Just emailed the governor. Keep it up everyone who wants soccer reclassified as Moderate.

Comment

SRI board let's get going talk to the governor, our kids need to play ball.

Also you need to email members of the board : These people need to help us out! If they aren't willing they should step down.
                            https://www.soccer-ri.com/contact

Board & Staff
                            SV- President
                            OD - Vice President
                            CG - Treasurer
                            PV - Secretary
                            PH - VP Competitive
                            JC- VP Recreation
                            JK- VP TOPSoccer/Soccer Across America
                            LD - North Commissioner
                            MM- Central Commissioner
                            SC South Commissioner
                            JO- East Commissioner
                            ​RE- State Administrator

Comment

Has anyone read “ A BALANCING ACT: UNDERSTANDING THE IMPACTS OF INACTIVITY ON YOUTH ATHLETES.” A good article from ECNL. It’s time we really look at what we are doing to our athletes. SRI/Superliga, and the soccer clubs of RI, as well as RIIL, has a responsibility to get these athletes back on the fields. Our kids will get more injuries being out of shape then going back in when Covid rules are lifted. These kids need opportunities not just to train but to play in a competitive environment. By taking away soccer from our players we are making them weaker physically and mentally. I have a 12 year old daughter who plays soccer. No middle school soccer, no town soccer. My 15 year old is a driven student. He admits with soccer he is better able to manage time. His day is more productive and he makes healthier choices. Now he feels less motivated. We aren’t wealthy we play town and high school soccer. He does not play club. It’s time to give youth sports soccer especially a push to start up fully. Now. We are losing these kids to partying and drug use is up.

Comment

Your child does not have to play club soccer to say fit and sane during a pandemic

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X