CIAC will pause all fall sports activities until Aug 24

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a substantial short position yesterday. I am betting on Trump to contest election and that uncertainty to drive the market down. I expect a 10% gain minimum. Let us see how my reading of the tea leaves pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If you're making 500K can't afford to pay 10K more you should re evaluate your spending and fire your financial planner
      that simplistic view is how you get suckered
      you know its much more than that and will affect everyone down the line- if its such a good policy why do you have to misrepresent it to try and sell it? because you know once the details are out in the open it #1 wont solve any problems and #2 will affect the middle class primarily

Comment

I took a substantial short position yesterday. I am betting on Trump to contest election and that uncertainty to drive the market down. I expect a 10% gain minimum. Let us see how my reading of the tea leaves pans out.
        what time yesterday?

Comment

I don't think the markets care much about Trump contesting the election. Right now what matters more to the markets is the senate. The runoff uncertainty in GA is baked in. Doesn't really matter if Biden or Trump is in the White House if the senate stays red there will be divided government. The markets like divided government.

Comment

that simplistic view is how you get suckered
            you know its much more than that and will affect everyone down the line- if its such a good policy why do you have to misrepresent it to try and sell it? because you know once the details are out in the open it #1 wont solve any problems and #2 will affect the middle class primarily
            if the income split is for anyone making UNDER 400K how does it impact the middle class? Someone making $300K is most decidedly not middle class, not even in expensive areas like this.

Biden's tax increase for anyone making over $400K + raising corporate taxes is estimated to raise $3.3TRILLION over ten years. How do you reckon that won't make a difference?

Comment

I don't think the markets care much about Trump contesting the election. Right now what matters more to the markets is the senate. The runoff uncertainty in GA is baked in. Doesn't really matter if Biden or Trump is in the White House if the senate stays red there will be divided government. The markets like divided government.
              No the markets don't - they like stability. The upcoming showdown is anything but stability. Trump fired Esper and will likely fire the heads of the CIA and FBI soon. Barr is allowing the DOJ to move in; the republicans ass kissers are lining p behind Trump.

Meanwhile Trump, Pence and others are only focusing on staying in power, not passing a stimulus bill or tackling Covid. Pence held his first task force meeting in WEEKS just yesterday, and only after Biden announced his task force. Covid is getting worse, people are broke and deseperate, we have a massive undertaking to distribute vaccines, and no one in the GOP cares

Comment

No the markets don't - they like stability. The upcoming showdown is anything but stability. Trump fired Esper and will likely fire the heads of the CIA and FBI soon. Barr is allowing the DOJ to move in; the republicans ass kissers are lining p behind Trump.

Meanwhile Trump, Pence and others are only focusing on staying in power, not passing a stimulus bill or tackling Covid. Pence held his first task force meeting in WEEKS just yesterday, and only after Biden announced his task force. Covid is getting worse, people are broke and deseperate, we have a massive undertaking to distribute vaccines, and no one in the GOP cares
                Again zero new information there that the markets haven't considered. Doesn't matter who is in the WH, lawsuits don't matter, firings don't matter, there is a high probability of divided government, that's the main thing that matters.

So Biden's COVID plan is what exactly? Wear masks, hire more contact tracers? Brilliant!

Comment

Again zero new information there that the markets haven't considered. Doesn't matter who is in the WH, lawsuits don't matter, firings don't matter, there is a high probability of divided government, that's the main thing that matters.

So Biden's COVID plan is what exactly? Wear masks, hire more contact tracers? Brilliant!
                  Except that masks work in greatly reducing transmission. Contact tracing helps keep possibly infected people home. No one task is a magic bullet - it's a multi pronged effort to slow the spread. Masks, distancing, limited socializing, skip going to bars etc.

Comment

Except that masks work in greatly reducing transmission. Contact tracing helps keep possibly infected people home. No one task is a magic bullet - it's a multi pronged effort to slow the spread. Masks, distancing, limited socializing, skip going to bars etc.
                    You miss the point, just about everyone in the country has already been wearing masks. You cant go anywhere without wearing one. It's all political optics that you're falling for. The amount of mask wearing isn't going to change because Biden wears one on TV.

Comment

Biden wont make it through 4 years. Kamal will be president at some point! now that's scary!

Comment

if the income split is for anyone making UNDER 400K how does it impact the middle class? Someone making $300K is most decidedly not middle class, not even in expensive areas like this.

Biden's tax increase for anyone making over $400K + raising corporate taxes is estimated to raise $3.3TRILLION over ten years. How do you reckon that won't make a difference?
                        key word is estimated...what happens when all that money moves offshore(as it most surely will do) then where do you make up the shortfall?...please let me know when one of these estimates were actually accurate over a 10 year period or even shorter

Comment

Biden wont make it through 4 years. Kamal will be president at some point! now that's scary!
                          Biden is currently winning the electoral college (not official yet) by the slimmest of margins. Almost half the number of votes than Trump won by in 2016.

Comment

If you're making 500K can't afford to pay 10K more you should re evaluate your spending and fire your financial planner
                            as usual you obfuscate the issue that I raised...I am not sure if you purposely did it or not so I will not speculate...I never hinted that they could not afford it...quite the contrary by referring to it as discretionary income I would be agreeing that they could afford it however the lessening of income has to effect somewhere else...generally speaking those are things that directly effect middle class income earners...please be honest when you are trying to have a conversation

Comment

You miss the point, just about everyone in the country has already been wearing masks. You cant go anywhere without wearing one. It's all political optics that you're falling for. The amount of mask wearing isn't going to change because Biden wears one on TV.
                              Been down south? Get out of the NE and almost no one does unless they're walking into a business that requires them. Everyone is going to church, weddings, funerals and bars, without masks.

Comment

Biden is currently winning the electoral college (not official yet) by the slimmest of margins. Almost half the number of votes than Trump won by in 2016.
                                290 to 214 is "slim"?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X