Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CIAC moving CT high school football to spring

They decided yesterday to move football and will announce Wednesday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ctp...o-15472891.php

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They decided yesterday to move football and will announce Wednesday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ctp...o-15472891.php
    The football committee recommended that move yesterday. CIAC has not voted on it yet but it probably will happen. I don't know how they think it's going to work, especially with LAX crossover. Some other states have done the same thing.

Comment

They should move soccer, also. Sure, some multi-sport kids will have to make a hard choice, but it's better than the alternative.

Comment

They should move soccer, also. Sure, some multi-sport kids will have to make a hard choice, but it's better than the alternative.
        so you want to play soccer in NE in March and April on frozen fields?

do any of your kids play a spring sport? you would know that spring season starts at the end of March and the fields are usually still covered ( this year for the first time that i can remember they were not, cant make this up)
        is your school going to pay to plow the fields? a lot of teams still play soccer on Grass (ie. Staples)- field issues will be messy as most schools only have 1 turf field for 3 sports (that means 7 teams to get thru every day)

its going to be a mess

Comment

do any of your kids play a spring sport? you would know that spring season starts at the end of March and the fields are usually still covered ( this year for the first time that i can remember they were not, cant make this up)
          is your school going to pay to plow the fields? a lot of teams still play soccer on Grass (ie. Staples)- field issues will be messy as most schools only have 1 turf field for 3 sports (that means 7 teams to get thru every day)

its going to be a mess
          It's challenging enough for fields in the spring with LAX and soccer and rain. Add football to that?

Comment

Club kids can play club + high school in the spring. Football doesn't have that issue

Comment

its going to be a mess
              Like we do in club .... tournaments as early as February in the northeast. Give me a full season, i dont care when.

Comment

Like we do in club .... tournaments as early as February in the northeast. Give me a full season, i dont care when.
                I'd like a season as well. I just think we'd have a better chance of pulling it off now. Things are likely going to spike when kids get back to school and have indoor activity.

Comment

This will be a huge disaster for high schools. Kids will choose to play for their club team in spring High school will be horrible

Comment

This will be a huge disaster for high schools. Kids will choose to play for their club team in spring High school will be horrible
                    Implying high school soccer isn't horrible now? A few club kids on a team makes no difference in terms of the quality of play for most high school teams (exception may be some L and LL schools). Its bad travel soccer with increased physicality from kids with little in the way of soccer skills.

Comment

you can say that about every school never mind which class. LL, L, it doesnt matter 99% of high school soccer is garbage with the exception of a few schools. Farmington, Gbury get a TON of club players where the soccer is ok. NO high school program is playing soccer. Ever watch Conard v. Hall or even Simsbury vs. Gbury? What about Bristol Central v. Bristol Eastern? Those games are basically a fist fight with a soccer ball involved.

Comment

Worst idea ever

Comment

you can say that about every school never mind which class. LL, L, it doesnt matter 99% of high school soccer is garbage with the exception of a few schools. Farmington, Gbury get a TON of club players where the soccer is ok. NO high school program is playing soccer. Ever watch Conard v. Hall or even Simsbury vs. Gbury? What about Bristol Central v. Bristol Eastern? Those games are basically a fist fight with a soccer ball involved.
                          It's called a rivalry ... Like MC and ManU .... Great games, especially when chippy .... Nothing like that in premier and that sucks.

Comment

was posted on another thread

Emerging clusters at U.S. schools and on high school teams raise concerns about wider community spread.

Phil Phillips, the coach of the high school football team in Oneonta, Ala., told a local television station, WBMA, that he was not sure how his five players had caught the virus but was concerned about it spreading further. Players were tested after showing symptoms or having a family member test positive.

“I looked my wife in the eyes Monday night before I went to bed and said, I sure hope we didn’t kill anybody’s grandmother today by having a football practice,” Mr. Phillips told the news station last week. “You’re torn, because these kids want to play so bad.”

Football teams, which often meet for practices over the summer, have been one early indicator of the potential spread among students. In July, 18 students, three coaches and 17 of their close contacts became ill after an outbreak in Kentucky on the Hazard High School football team.

And in a small town in Minnesota, Lewiston-Altura High School became the center of a cluster last week when at least six football players tested positive for the virus after attending training camp. The players’ families told the school they had not shown symptoms during training.

CIAC football postponement perhaps wasn't such a bad idea

https://nyti.ms/3gL9ewc

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              this will be a huge disaster for high schools. Kids will choose to play for their club team in spring high school will be horrible
                              roflmao!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X