X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2835825]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I don't know what you're babbling about.

Boys U11: Bayside beat RI Surf 3-1 in final (but RI Surf's better team at that age stayed home)
    Boys U12: No Surf team entered
    Boys U13: No Bayside team entered
    Boys U14: No Bayside team entered
    Boys U15: No Bayside team entered

Girls U11: Bayside (Strikers) made the final over RI Surf, but they tied head-to-head in the group (should I also mention the other Bayside team in that division? The one that lost all three games, including one against NE Surf?)
    Girls U12: Bayside in final; RI Surf did not do well
    Girls U12 (Championship): RI Surf finished second in their group; Bayside lsot all three in their group
    Girls U13: NE Surf beat Bayside 2-0
    Girls U14: NE Surf v RI Surf in final; Bayside team only won one (but it WAS against the RI Surf team)
    Girls U14 (League 1): Bayside in finals vs. Seacoast (so they beat a NE Surf team)
    Girls U15: No head-to-head

Let's compare what matters - the Preniership divion, which is the tournaments top division. How many RI Surf teams made it to the finals in this division and how many for Bayside?

I believe the answer is 7 Bayside teams and only 1 RI Surf team made it to the finals. Not sure on number of wins in thr finals as not all scores are updated. Surf did well in thr bottom divisions though. 😀

Comment

Bayside entered 7 teams in the top Premiership divisions. All 7 made it to the finals!

Comment

Bayside entered 7 teams in the top Premiership divisions. All 7 made it to the finals!
        Safe to say Bayside and Surf have some quality teams and it was a great weekend away from our dictator Gina. Congrats to all the teams, leave the HS b.s. our team better than your team out of it and just enjoy some quality time with your kid. Next tournament in NH will be in the snow

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2835810]
          We never lost a game.
          Last nights game must of been humbling for you....speed kills. Don’t ever come after our coach again
          Yet the new kid on the block walks away with the hardware and you are left with...a bunch of angry parents screaming about how great their kids are.

Comment

Ah, I see what you did there. You weren't talking about head to head, you were talking about something else. Come back when you have results tallied of Bayside vs. RI Surf.

Can we just agree that it was a pretty solid tournament as far as the competition went? Probably a lot higher level than that particular tournament has ever seen.

Comment

Ah, I see what you did there. You weren't talking about head to head, you were talking about something else. Come back when you have results tallied of Bayside vs. RI Surf.

Can we just agree that it was a pretty solid tournament as far as the competition went? Probably a lot higher level than that particular tournament has ever seen.
              Second place in the group is nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Can't help you here. Surf played mostly lower divisions. They only had two teams play in a final in the Premiership (top) division. U11 boys Premiership final: Bayside 3 - Surf 1. The only winning Surf team that won the top division was u14 girls. All others were lower divisions, which is great for the kids, but nothing more than hype for the club used for advertising. Like when they say Boys 2009 tournament champions, but they only won the lowest division with their top team. It's okay Surf, you're brand new....

Comment

Good info from a coaching article for all those parents and coaches who insist on fighting over wins and posting pictures of kids in medals. You guys are not helping your athletes just all about ego.

Don’t measure your success as a youth sports coach in medals . . .

OR trophies, OR titles, OR premierships, or whatever is relevant in your particular sport.

Doing so will lead you down the wrong path with HOW and WHAT you coach.

Youth coaches who focus primarily on medals as their measure of success are doing the kids a disservice as their coaching will be flawed. Their coaching will be short-sighted and possibly contain content that is inappropriate for the development stage of the athletes.

Using medals to measure success is doing a disservice to the kids.

Focusing on medals will also send the wrong message to the kids. The kids will be influenced by the coach’s lead. If the coach’s main focus is on wins and medals and trophies, the kids may start to believe that those are what are important.

But it is well-known that these external rewards don’t sustain motivation. A love of sport does. Therefore we need to teach kids to love the sport more than the medals. We start doing this by “walking the talk” ourselves.

Teach kids to love the sport more than the medals.

Finally, I don’t believe that winning, by itself, is necessarily a sign of good youth sports coaching. There is no skill involved in training a kid “into the ground” just to get a grab at a medal. Also, coaches can’t take a lot of credit if the “winning” kid that they coach is simply bigger and stronger than others, which is a common factor in competitive youth sports “success”.

Winning is not necessarily a sign of good youth sports coaching.

Comment

But if Surf won they would be all over these boards. Lol. Go get it Great Coaches!! LOL lol

Comment

Number of teams that played in top flight finals for each club:

Bayside 7
                      SUSC 3
                      Juve 3
                      RI Surf 2
                      NE Surf 2
                      Scorpions 1
                      NEFC 1
                      WU Pioneers 1

Bayside entered 9 teams in the tournament in all flights and had 8 teams in the finals (all levels). I'm not associated with Bayside, but looks to me like they have quality over quantity. This tournament was not attended heavily by NEFC, who I would expect would have done well, had they sent several teams, but not sure they would have had a success rate as high as Bayside.

Comment

Number of teams that played in top flight finals for each club:

Bayside 7
                        SUSC 3
                        Juve 3
                        RI Surf 2
                        NE Surf 2
                        Scorpions 1
                        NEFC 1
                        WU Pioneers 1

Bayside entered 9 teams in the tournament in all flights and had 8 teams in the finals (all levels). I'm not associated with Bayside, but looks to me like they have quality over quantity. This tournament was not attended heavily by NEFC, who I would expect would have done well, had they sent several teams, but not sure they would have had a success rate as high as Bayside.
                        No one good attended this tournament. No Bolts, No SSS, No FC Stars , No NEFC, No Valeo,No Liverpool No CT teams etc.

Thank you Baysidefc for helping the NH economy. It was much appreciated!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2836098]

Yet the new kid on the block walks away with the hardware and you are left with...a bunch of angry parents screaming about how great their kids are.
                          Alright I think both of you are wrong. Both teams had a good weekend.

That said, as a third party, I am a little sick of the Surf contingent on TS. Just shut up already.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2836098]

My daughter is one these teams because I felt it was the best place for her to develop as a player. I'm sure for most of the other Surf and Bayside 07 parents that is true as well. Soccer fans care more about the "hardware". Soccer parents should keep results in perspective so the kids can as well. Both teams played well this weekend while both still have a lot of developing to do. Let's just stop with some of this.

"We want our players to win. We want our players to WANT to win. There is no consequence to not winning in the youth game." Johann Cruyff

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X