Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    no dog in this fight, but I'd go as far as to say no big club should make practice mandatory. Come when you want, don't come if you don't.

Your position on the club, now and in the future, would be reflected on that.

How parents pay thousands of dollars for kids to play, and then allow them to miss so much is beyond comprehension.
    You make perfect sense how about telling that to select. Teaching kids that missing practice is ok is not the right message to send to kids.

Comment

You make perfect sense how about telling that to select. Teaching kids that missing practice is ok is not the right message to send to kids.
      No affiliation with select but I always heard that practice was mandatory? Did something change? If its the case thats disappointing to hear.

Comment

No affiliation with select but I always heard that practice was mandatory? Did something change? If its the case thats disappointing to hear.
        Of course practice is mandatory at select. Select is a top level club team.
        Huh? What kind if comment is that? Another ex select hater starting trouble. Go back to your mommy’s basement sweetie.

Comment

Of course practice is mandatory at select. Select is a top level club team.
          Huh? What kind if comment is that? Another ex select hater starting trouble. Go back to your mommy’s basement sweetie.
          If my kid played for Select, I would make practices mandatory for those ridiculous prices! Practices are already mandatory in our household. But no, practices can't really be called mandatory especially during covid. Our club does not say our practices are "mandatory," but I am sure my kid would not make the team next year no matter how good she is, if she didn't practice as coaches look for commitment from players. I really don't respect the families that skip practices and then bitch about playing time or wonder why their child was cut.

Comment

WOW breaking news..... ex bitter scorpions dad is spreading the rumour that select just bought out the scorpions. This news can only be broken on ts by idiots like ex bitter scorpions dad.
            Although a merger between the 2 clubs would make a dominant soccer club. Thank you ex bitter scorpions dad for the breaking news.

Comment

Congratulations Select on your new league member - Empire United. Enjoy that 7+ hour drive down to them. Hope your club at least schedules 2 games that weekend for you guys against them. Seems like a crazy long distance to travel for a club game but to each his/her own I guess.

Comment

This is what $4300+/year buys you. A 7 hour + car ride against.....

“Before they got kicked out of DA the Empire United U15 girls had a -133 goal difference and the U16/17 team were at -114.

Crazy, but both were above LISC in the standings.”

Comment

This is what $4300+/year buys you. A 7 hour + car ride against.....

“Before they got kicked out of DA the Empire United U15 girls had a -133 goal difference and the U16/17 team were at -114.

Crazy, but both were above LISC in the standings.”
                  LL is a true disaster. Selfish twat!

Comment

I wish people on here could see what a despicable coward she is. Doesn’t give a toss about players as long as she protects her ‘business’.

Comment

I wish people on here could see what a despicable coward she is. Doesn’t give a toss about players as long as she protects her ‘business’.
                      Hey on the bright side select- at least the car ride isn't 8 hours! Hahaha. A 7+ hour car ride for a club soccer game.

#EMBARRASSMENT

Comment

Please make her disappear

Comment

Educate the sheep.

Comment

LL is a true disaster. Selfish twat!
                            She is begging as always to be let into ECNL. Pathetic. Good luck select in the GAG league!

Comment

She is begging as always to be let into ECNL. Pathetic. Good luck select in the GAG league!
                              Maybe select can rent a yellow school bus for each team for the 7 1/2 hour drive and sing cum bayai on the ride there. Good times!

Comment

Select is a joke now. I will say that it used to be worth it as we’ve been there for 6 years but this will be our last. They used to do a lot in terms of training, extra programs, club events, etc. However as I look at it now, it’s obvious about just taking the money of anyone that will give it to them. It used to be family, and I really mean that. The girls got along, parents got along, and I feel like my daughters were learning more than just soccer and they were making friends for life. Over the past few years it’s drastically changed. They take any kid/family on that wants to pay them. The number of girls on teams keeps increasing and there’s pretty much no rules anymore. When we first started, you couldn’t miss practice, wearing the right uniform was imperative, being a “kiss ass” wasn’t tolerated, and you had to work hard to make the team. Now I see girls being passed over for the chance to move up because a new family from GPS, NEFC, Scorpions, etc... is willing to pay money to be on a top team, girls show up in the wrong practice uniform or wear whatever color UA they want under their uniform on game days, girls not showing up to practice but still get to play in games, and just nobody gets along anymore. Not just my daughters teams either, club wide. They let this happen when they lost the close knit family aspect.
                                The price went up in a year when families were out of work and they cut down on training/offerings, they didn’t reimburse anything for last year (even though they say they did), we paid for tournaments that never happened and never got money back, they force you to do an “indoor league” which is composed of 7 games in a two week span so they can have another indoor season right after to charge more money, and they started a futsal club which you had to pay for as opposed to offering futsal like they used to.
                                The facility is a joke. The building is dirts, bathrooms constantly smell like septic is backed up, the roof leaks, they installed the turf themselves and I’m shocked more people haven’t been hurt on it, the parking lot is full of potholes and not even lit at night, and given the times, there’s no way they aren’t overcrowded. How has the BOH not shut them down?
                                I’m sure the price will go up as it’s done every year since we’ve been there but enough is enough for us. Sorry Select, you’re losing people/followers and you apparently don’t care because you’re gaining $$$$. Hate to tell you, it won’t last forever. I love my girls and want them to be happy, which is why we’ve stayed. Sad to say, even they see the downfall of the club now, which makes it easy to go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X