Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im an NEFC parent and would love for them to get into ECNL, it works for every purpose and reason except the one that matters most. Stars doesn’t want the competition and they carry a heavy vote. It’s not going to happen and thats too bad for all families that like choices. NEFC will be fine and after watching some of this weekend I’ve never felt better about staying, even recognizing that ECNL is the deeper league, NEFC is the better club.
    The girls academy is new but they are doing good things and there will be plenty of opportunities made available to ga players.

And bonus is you don’t have to share the sidelines with Stars parents

Comment

Im an NEFC parent and would love for them to get into ECNL, it works for every purpose and reason except the one that matters most. Stars doesn’t want the competition and they carry a heavy vote. It’s not going to happen and thats too bad for all families that like choices. NEFC will be fine and after watching some of this weekend I’ve never felt better about staying, even recognizing that ECNL is the deeper league, NEFC is the better club.
      If you owed Stars or Scorps would you let in NEFC?

Comment

If you owed Stars or Scorps would you let in NEFC?
        Nope, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t a good fit. It’s just not a good fit for Stars and thats ok, its a business. No hard feelings

Comment

The girls academy is new but they are doing good things and there will be plenty of opportunities made available to ga players.

And bonus is you don’t have to share the sidelines with Stars parents
          Extra bonus you get to share the sidelines with Empire United parents 15 hours round trip from home. Enjoy and we’ll see you at another local tournament in Spring 2022.

Comment

GA could be a fine option but it will take some time and they need to make very carefully considered decisions. Empire getting allowed in was probably a poor one but in general they have a decently packaged league, active social media (yes, this counts for the kids) and just need to shore up their clubs and stop the optics that every club would leave to ECNL if offered the chance. The lack of solidarity across the founding members is an indication that ultimately, no one cares about anything but money though.

Comment

That last sentence is why no one can stand NEFC parents.

Comment

Better club!...based on 07s! You have older teams, go watch them play! 05s wouldn't win a game in ECNL...not sure on 04s, but someone posted their DPL team got smoked by an 05 stars team. ECNL should totally adjust their conferences to let NEFC in because their 07 parents think they're awesome! This is comedy.

Comment

Better club!...based on 07s! You have older teams, go watch them play! 05s wouldn't win a game in ECNL...not sure on 04s, but someone posted their DPL team got smoked by an 05 stars team. ECNL should totally adjust their conferences to let NEFC in because their 07 parents think they're awesome! This is comedy.
                  Cracking up laughing!

Comment

They can’t even beat the 07s

Comment

Agenda for today’s ECNL meeting-

Covid safety protocols
                      Market share considerations
                      Expanding regional league
                      Adding marque clubs like Top Hat & FCV
                      Renewing sponsorship with Nike
                      2021-2022 showcase scheduling
                      Discussing NEFC 2007 team (they are good!)

Comment

Agenda for today’s ECNL meeting-

Covid safety protocols
                        Market share considerations
                        Expanding regional league
                        Adding marque clubs like Top Hat & FCV
                        Renewing sponsorship with Nike
                        2021-2022 showcase scheduling
                        Discussing NEFC 2007 team (they are good!)
                        Empire United is very impressed with NEFC 07 footskills

Comment

ECNL parent here. What’s the downside of NEFC being in ECNL for current ECNL parents? I don’t get the resistance from parents. I get why JD wouldn’t like it but who else cares. For me it means another local game against a good team and another option for my daughter if for some reason we’d like to leave our current club.

Comment

ECNL parent here. What’s the downside of NEFC being in ECNL for current ECNL parents? I don’t get the resistance from parents. I get why JD wouldn’t like it but who else cares. For me it means another local game against a good team and another option for my daughter if for some reason we’d like to leave our current club.
                            Ecnl parent here as well. Everything you said makes perfect sense.

I’m just not sure The Girls 2007 thread could handle NEFC dad if that happened. Can you even imagine how obnoxious he would be? And then we’d just be left with Select dad to make fun of.

Comment

Ecnl parent here as well. Everything you said makes perfect sense.

I’m just not sure The Girls 2007 thread could handle NEFC dad if that happened. Can you even imagine how obnoxious he would be? And then we’d just be left with Select dad to make fun of.
                              select dad has achieved a new level the last 12 months so he could easily do the work of two.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure it's just dad's posting this stuff. Could be a few over Starbuck'd moms out there too.
                                Who is the wittyest Nefc or Stars mom out there?
                                IQ mom comes to mind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X