Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC’s dirty little secret

Coaches in charge of gatekeeping for players who decide where they think kid should go or not go and either work to sabotage a college recruiting opportunity or do not return calls to interested coaches. If you go to CFC be forewarned - you are paying grown men to decide your kids fate. Despite what they may say on this site insiders know their dirty little secrets.

I don't think CFC was actively trying to sabotage your kids future. It's just that paper work is hard and sometimes calling other coaches takes effort. And the coaches don't get paid for that type of work.

Comment

This thread says a whole lot. Thinking maybe you’re a prck, so the coaches didn’t lend the extra hand to help you and your kid. Perhaps you are the problem. Coaches (everywhere) warn other coaches about problem parents. If I were a coach, I would want to know too.

Comment

Let me guess. You are a 2003 parent! That team couldn’t get out of their own way and then Covid hit. Players that aren’t committed yet are in trouble. Blame the coach all you want but look in the mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Let me guess. You are a 2003 parent! That team couldn’t get out of their own way and then Covid hit. Players that aren’t committed yet are in trouble. Blame the coach all you want but look in the mirror
          OP may be suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect when considering the talent level of their spawn.

Comment

What’s the example here? No names but what school was interested and how do you know coach sabotaged the opportunity?

Comment

Listen all of y'all, it's a sabotage

Comment

This angry, bitter OP dad tried to get this line of conversation going a few weeks ago. Dad could be the issue, the player (attitude and/or skill) or both. Coaches can sense it and talk to club coaches to confirm.

Comment

Seems like it may be dad sabotaging his kid 🤔

Comment

Let’s see, an uncommitted CFC 2003 ECNL player...

That leaves about 20!!! The entire roster is still searching for a college home. What a disaster over there in Bethany

Comment

Let’s see, an uncommitted CFC 2003 ECNL player...

That leaves about 20!!! The entire roster is still searching for a college home. What a disaster over there in Bethany
                      So why would a club "sabotage " a bunch of players? Looks bad for the club to have many uncommitted, right? Lack if skill, bad parents and Covid ok. Not sabotage.

Comment

The club had 1 bad age group and still will likely be better than any other club in the state

Comment

I don't think CFC was actively trying to sabotage your kids future. It's just that paper work is hard and sometimes calling other coaches takes effort. And the coaches don't get paid for that type of work.
                          Dude, that is the job of club coaches at the high school level. That pay is included in their salary. Sounds like you are a coach at this level who isn't doing your job.

Comment

That's the problem or... solution. Go find a coach that does more for little and stay there. That person cares. Most of these assw1p3s never played a high level and are pretenders

Comment

This angry, bitter OP dad tried to get this line of conversation going a few weeks ago. Dad could be the issue, the player (attitude and/or skill) or both. Coaches can sense it and talk to club coaches to confirm.
                              OP dad is clearly the problem

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X