Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They do not think twice about the private costs, the directors clinics, etc because they have plenty of people who do it. The directors clinics are always full. People are scared to not do them or they do them in hopes it will get them put on a top team. People are so brainwashed. I can't judge though because it has taken me 5 years to see it. My mind is blown after talking to other clubs this week. Other clubs offer sibling discounts!! Who knew?!
    It doesn't hurt that they are located in one of the wealthiest areas of MA.

Comment

It doesn't hurt that they are located in one of the wealthiest areas of MA.
      There is more money and 3 times the people in Metrowest (Newton, Needham, Weston, Wellesley, Brookline, Lexington, Dover, Westwood, etc) Newton has 88,000 alone, then (Hingham, Cohasset, Duxbury, Scituate, and Norwell) 70,000 people

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/prope...y-home-prices/

Comment

While I'm glad we decided to pull our daughter after last fall, I would be lying if I said she didn't miss it sometimes. She made a bunch of good friends and there was a definite sense of camaraderie. I simply never realized how much more we were paying than families playing at NEFC DA (GA) and the ECNL National Teams.

Comment

While I'm glad we decided to pull our daughter after last fall, I would be lying if I said she didn't miss it sometimes. She made a bunch of good friends and there was a definite sense of camaraderie. I simply never realized how much more we were paying than families playing at NEFC DA (GA) and the ECNL National Teams.
          ....... or every single other club in Massachusetts. I guess a club needs to be the most expensive club so that moniker goes to: SOUTH SHORE SELECT

Comment

There is more money and 3 times the people in Metrowest (Newton, Needham, Weston, Wellesley, Brookline, Lexington, Dover, Westwood, etc) Newton has 88,000 alone, then (Hingham, Cohasset, Duxbury, Scituate, and Norwell) 70,000 people

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/prope...y-home-prices/
            But historically there was less competition for SSS. If you live in Metrowest, there are more clubs to chose from.

Comment

Do they not have that at their new club?

Comment

Do they not have that at their new club?
                I'm sure they will with time.

Comment

Lots of new competition from other south shore clubs now. It used to be just select and then others now other clubs are actively recruiting on the south shore and its going to hurt select For sure especially when they charge like a million dollars for absolutely nothing these days.

Comment

How does select get to play out of state and not have to quarantine like everyone else?

Comment

How does select get to play out of state and not have to quarantine like everyone else?
                      I'm not 100% sure but I believe selects entire club plays at the CFC Columbus Day Tournament in CT. but it's nothing different than ECNL teams playing in CT. Select will be fine in CT. in a few weeks.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure but I believe selects entire club plays at the CFC Columbus Day Tournament in CT. but it's nothing different than ECNL teams playing in CT. Select will be fine in CT. in a few weeks.
                        The last couple of years the DA/NPL and Premiership Level teams always went, this year they are not going due to COVID, and have some teams in the BOLTS event that is their partner club.

Comment

There is no quarantine requirement for MA when traveling to most states in the northeast—NY, NJ, CT, NH, ME...

Comment

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?
                            So the answer is yes then?

Comment

Yes, and it’s not even close.

Comment

So the answer is yes then?
                                and for being the most expensive club in Massachusetts..... the select kids get........ the Columbus Day "mighty" Bolts tournament! Go get em select and those got soccer points. They must need the points badly to bail on the CFC tournament for this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X