Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hope you all remember the needless grief that Inslee is putting us through and vote for Culp out of spite.
    That is a long shot. WA has been plus Democratic for how long? decades?
    Although according to this poll the gap has shrunk quite a bit, but it is still +16!!!
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...or/washington/

Comment

That is a long shot. WA has been plus Democratic for how long? decades?
      Although according to this poll the gap has shrunk quite a bit, but it is still +16!!!
      https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...or/washington/
      Then you all who have voted him in can lay in the bed you pooped in. This is your mess. Same for Seattle leadership.

Comment

Then you all who have voted him in can lay in the bed you pooped in. This is your mess. Same for Seattle leadership.
        any of you that vote for culp are morons.. sorry, I've tried to be respectful but this debate tonight is the final straw.

I dont like that we are not out playing soccer yet... but Culp is not the answer.. we will look like the mess of the federal government we currently have. He's a two bit sherriff who manages two people... would be terrible for our state.

Comment

I’ve witnessed youth flag football being played in Maple Valley on City fields. Along with parents packed on the sidelines. It was definitely organized games.

Comment

I’ve witnessed youth flag football being played in Maple Valley on City fields. Along with parents packed on the sidelines. It was definitely organized games.
            Where's the cosplaying Valor dad when you need him?!

Comment

none

science would suggest we close the greek system - especially at universities that are all online anyway like UW and WSU, and allow youth sports.

Comment

science would suggest we close the greek system - especially at universities that are all online anyway like UW and WSU, and allow youth sports.
                Close all 7-11s....just so hard to social distance in those stores and allow youth sports.

Comment

So we can't keep the president safe with near constant testing for everyone around him but we're going to open up youth sports?

Comment

none

Really, that's your take away? That's how simplistically you see this? I respect your stance to keep your kid out of all activities. I won't mock you in any way whatsoever when your child stays home and doesn't participate. That's your choice and I truly respect that. But I think we need to allow these kids to play who want to play. Show me why we shouldn't. Trump getting covid does not change my opinion whatsoever. Show me the science that these kids - who have no economic lobbyist backing to get their way like the airlines and the farmers, etc - shouldn't get off these damn zooms, get outside, and play.

Comment

Really, that's your take away? That's how simplistically you see this? I respect your stance to keep your kid out of all activities. I won't mock you in any way whatsoever when your child stays home and doesn't participate. That's your choice and I truly respect that. But I think we need to allow these kids to play who want to play. Show me why we shouldn't. Trump getting covid does not change my opinion whatsoever. Show me the science that these kids - who have no economic lobbyist backing to get their way like the airlines and the farmers, etc - shouldn't get off these damn zooms, get outside, and play.
                      You could read any of the actual science that's been posted? The take away for me is that even in highly controlled and tested environments the risk of spread is high. There have been no testing or contact tracing of youth sports. Given that kids are generally asymptomatic what's your guess of how many of those there are vs those that bother to report? Community spread is a real thing and that's what we're fighting against.

Colorado Rapids just shut down, the Titans are shut down. Is it going to take someone you care about getting sick, likely getting hurt and possibly dying to consider hitting the pause button?

Your kid can bring it back to you. You can spread it to people you care about. And others whom you don't care about. Like me.

Comment

With the numbers trending up again (causing Puyallup schools to pause their sprint to reopen), what's happening with WYS' proposals? If it isn't safe to re open schools...?

Comment

So we can't keep the president safe with near constant testing for everyone around him but we're going to open up youth sports?
                          Him getting it has more to do with behavior than testing. Testing can prove that you do or don't have it, but he's good with mass indoor gatherings without a mask. That's not outdoor soccer where kids don't even sit on a bench together.

Comment

Him getting it has more to do with behavior than testing. Testing can prove that you do or don't have it, but he's good with mass indoor gatherings without a mask. That's not outdoor soccer where kids don't even sit on a bench together.
                            Agreed, but testing can limit the spread. We don't know the actual transmission rate of playing soccer, because we haven't done any real studies on it. I'd feel much more comfortable with people playing knowing they had recently tested negative than flying blind. I think we all agree that we want kids to play and we want them to do it the safest way possible. No testing, double games, no contact tracing, and no requiring teams with players who test positive to quarantine isn't it.

Comment

The President flew people in from all over the country for a large gathering (the ACB announcement) without social distancing, without masks, and with a lot of handshakes and hugging. He's had numerous fundraisers at his golf club without social distancing and without masks; he routinely flies on a plane with a number people not wearing masks; and he also has kept having his rallies. It was only a matter of time before some event relating to the President became a super spreader event.

Youth sports, on the other hand, have been going on for months in most of the country, under careful protocols. Most places that are playing have many more cases than we have. Despite a bit of an uptick in positive test results, we still have some of the lowest positive test percentage, hospitalization, and death rates in the countries. We test asymptomatic people much more than most places, and we turn around test results more quickly. Still no reason to hold off on opening up youth sports.

Comment

Agreed, but testing can limit the spread. We don't know the actual transmission rate of playing soccer, because we haven't done any real studies on it. I'd feel much more comfortable with people playing knowing they had recently tested negative than flying blind. I think we all agree that we want kids to play and we want them to do it the safest way possible. No testing, double games, no contact tracing, and no requiring teams with players who test positive to quarantine isn't it.
                                There have been plenty of studies, and while I agree that kids may often by asymptomatic they surely would be spreading to family members who would definitely show signs. Studies done on East Coast where they have been playing games for months now don't show that happening. Outdoor soccer, done correctly and locally just does not seem to be a real threat at all. Travelling for tournaments obviously very different risk.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X