Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a message to all clubs out there.... DO NOT waste your time and money going to the West Pines tournament this year.

I am a DOC at a club in Miami-Dade County. Our club has for many years supported this tournament as use it as a gauge to see where our teams stand against local competition. I have to say that this club has shown everyone that loyalty means absolutely nothing to them. Today they fired the founder of the club whom I have known for many years. The man, Tony March, put all his heart and soul into the soccer program. I have seen that man give money and food out of his own pocket to players in need. I have seen him take children who needed a chance to be seen and provided them with the proper channels to succeed. I have seen him pour his heart & soul at representing the league and his club in the most professional manner.

And what does he get in return?? A swift kick in the ass. Not even a thank you!!

West Pines is a disgrace to the local soccer community. Yes, us DOC's and clubs have been hearing talk about how poor the current- so-called leaders- are poorly managing the club. We have heard the accusations of racism against anyone who is not of Latin decent, and we have heard about the lack of interest in any kids over the age of 10.

It all appears to be true. The parents and players should be appalled about the performance of this club who used to be a Powerhouse! It appears that all the talk and mumbling about the "new DOC" was going to help the once great club, but instead has hindered it to the point of extinction. I have received multiple calls from parents asking if there are spots left in various age groups. Of course I would love to accommodate, but it did raise a red flag when all the calls were coming from West Pines.

Youth soccer is for the kids and to have good, health competition locally. It appears that West Pines has forgotten all about the kids and the people who are here to help, teach, and coach the children. There appears to be a different agenda.

With that being said, I feel that all local clubs need to BOYCOTT the West Pines tournament. They don't know the value of the children and the families that they have there. It would appear that they need time to figure out the future of their club. Maybe they need to forget the tournament and concentrate on what matters most--the kids!!

It's not always about the money guys! You need to get your priorities straight!!!!

Tony, it's been a pleasure working with you. Our doors are always open should you choose to make a move. I know that I speak for MANY of the clubs both in Miami and Broward county.
    BS .. Weston is going, we signed up already to get the early bird discount.
    we are supporting our neighbors, they do the same for us.
    BTW, the WP tourney is one of the best in the area .. up there with Weston Cup and Orange classic (which is not at its old glory days but still decent)

Comment

BTW, the WP tourney is one of the best in the area .. up there with Weston Cup and Orange classic (which is not at its old glory days but still decent)
      Real mattress is not going, I mean real Madrid

Comment

Great, all the West Pines teams vs. all the Weston teams. Good luck guys!

Comment

Just wanna post that I have been trying to contact anyone at the club and have received no response. It has been over a week. Is anyone there anymore? I keep getting the West Pines tournament email at least once per week, but why should I register if no one can answer a few simple questions for me??

Looking for alternative options, any suggestions?? Traveling a little further is not a problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Go Away Miramar United- We Know you are unhappy already

Why can't the Miramar United people just go away already....You were pushed out because of this type of stuff and your mouth. You just don't know how to be part of a well run organization. A few of you always stirring the pot because , well, you are just unhappy in your life and did not get your way. Just go away Miramar United people already, stay with your little club, and try to build something instead of throwing eggs at house. Hire TM if want, if you can find any money in your little budget (or maybe from the tournament funds you raised last year) (ohh, my bad , you had to cancel that because of poor management).......You really are a foul group of thinkers with nothing better to do....WPU members are happy with where we are, how we are run, our coaches, our DOC, our finances, our history, our fields, our relationships with other clubs, and the leagues.

Comment

Here is my two cents. Most everyone above u11 or u12 that is going to leave has left. Everyone below that has little institutional memory of the past. If the doc can get through one more year, the current system becomes the norm. It is quickly becoming the norm. They will become a club that has good younger teams, with the better kids leaving after a few years. That is the story for most clubs.

Comment

Here is my two cents. Most everyone above u11 or u12 that is going to leave has left. Everyone below that has little institutional memory of the past. If the doc can get through one more year, the current system becomes the norm. It is quickly becoming the norm. They will become a club that has good younger teams, with the better kids leaving after a few years. That is the story for most clubs.
                This is the last year for the DOC

Comment

No usually it is not. But here is what I have seen, the older kids should stay if the "system" works and is good right? Why leave?... Here is why. Alot of coaches at WPU do NOT follow the system

Kendall, Plantation, Boca, Weston, Sunrise, Pinecrest, Davie, and now Miramar. All have good older teams.

Comment

No usually it is not. But here is what I have seen, the older kids should stay if the "system" works and is good right? Why leave?... Here is why. Alot of coaches at WPU do NOT follow the system

Kendall, Plantation, Boca, Weston, Sunrise, Pinecrest, Davie, and now Miramar. All have good older teams.
                    Yes right now the older age groups are weak at WPU. That will slowly change as the younger kids develop on the boys side. The U13, U12, U11, U10 boys are solid teams and are a good foundation for the future.

The girls side is not the same they are in dire straights, the club needs to focus on the girls side big time. They lost a large group of good girls in the younger age groups by trying to force them to play where and for who they didn't want to play. They need big time help.

Comment

This is the last year for the DOC
                      I agree with that statement!

Comment

There is no more "another year" for the WP DOC. this is it. 3 years is enough. if he succeeds, great for the club. He will be visible and available to coaches, parents and players, or he'll need to get a new job. I thought he was supposed to speak in english, but that hasn't changed. he'll be judged by the parents at WP. not by some hack with no name.

Look, the person who started this thread has his own reasons... like his own tournament. people use this website for their own personal gains all the time, because they're gutless. so you're moving your team from a tournament that had about 450 teams to one with 150 teams, because some invisible guy? our team goes to Weston, Wellington, Disney, and I know that other WP teams go to Sarasota, Mega, Bazooka and others. this hack is bad, because he gossips like a little middle school girl, instead of addressing it with their own people. typical troll.

Comment

How did those teams do this weekend? boys and girls? just compare them. I don't think anyone had a great weekend. some teams did well, but none of the clubs above did great. before a pile of dung comes out, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Comment

No competition at the West Pines tournament. It's great to use for scrimmage games before the season begins. Save your money and schedule your own scrimmages.

Comment

No competition at the West Pines tournament. It's great to use for scrimmage games before the season begins. Save your money and schedule your own scrimmages.
                              Again you come out of the woodwork you troll. seriously! work on your own tournament, rather than throw mud at someone else. you really are a loser. try something unique, focus on your own club and make them better, instead of trolling the boards. you f'in troll.

Comment

What an idiotic statement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X