Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son graduated last year and signed in March. he is heading of to college tomorrow. And do not get hung up on DII vs DI. His DII school is ranked in the top 10 which is better than low ranked D1 programs.
    That is great for your son congrats!! I agree on the DI or DII statement. I think people forget the education piece also. You have to make sure it is the right fit in all aspects not just soccer. Let's be realistic almost all of these boys will not be playing pro ball after graduating. Make sure they get that diploma!

Comment

That is great for your son congrats!! I agree on the DI or DII statement. I think people forget the education piece also. You have to make sure it is the right fit in all aspects not just soccer. Let's be realistic almost all of these boys will not be playing pro ball after graduating. Make sure they get that diploma!
      100%you are going to college to get ad education and Oh BTW play some soccer not go play soccer and oh BTW get an education

Comment

Now this I agree with 100%. To the poster who says BS, its not. My point is not that kids don't sign later, but that those are the ones just filling out the roster (practice players) and there will not be athletic money left for them. This is not BS but truth.
        You can not generalize. As I said my son signed in March and he got a combination soccer and academic money. As a freshman he might indeed just be on the practice squad who knows but they gave him soccer money. Let me add that the academic money is more than the soccer money. He is also assigned to a work program for 10 hours per week which is worth $2400 per semester.

Comment

You can not generalize. As I said my son signed in March and he got a combination soccer and academic money. As a freshman he might indeed just be on the practice squad who knows but they gave him soccer money. Let me add that the academic money is more than the soccer money. He is also assigned to a work program for 10 hours per week which is worth $2400 per semester.
          Congrats to your boy. That is great news.

Comment

Congrats to your boy. That is great news.
            Thanks, I am not gloating just sharing our experience. Do not listen to the nay sayers. There is no one way to get to your goal. Some take the JUCO route many times due to grades or scores. What ever works for YOU; that is what counts

Comment

Thanks, I am not gloating just sharing our experience. Do not listen to the nay sayers. There is no one way to get to your goal. Some take the JUCO route many times due to grades or scores. What ever works for YOU; that is what counts
              Is the school your son's attending in FL?

Comment

Is the school your son's attending in FL?
                No out of state.

Comment

My son has been contacted by at least 4 D1 coaches and numerous D2 schools. So start believing buddy!!
                  If you are from SCU then you are a liar, No kids from SCU have received any offers from a D1 school.

Comment

If you are from SCU then you are a liar, No kids from SCU have received any offers from a D1 school.
                    I think your statement was contacted by D1 coaches and yes my son has been contacted by and done campus tours with the coaches. Anyway I'm not sure how you would know anything about SCU players. You worry about your team and we will worry about our team.

Comment

Financial Need Basis of the student might very well have a Lot to do with the Total Amount of $ that is offered to a Studen Athlete.

Comment

West Pines getting killed in region 3 league. http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...er=Boys&Age=18

Comment

No out of state.
                          Have you considered the opportunity cost of soccer and where you and your son might be had he focused his time on academics instead of soccer?

Comment

West Pines getting killed in region 3 league. http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...er=Boys&Age=18
                            Will be interesting to see how the Florida teams do. I think WP didn't upgrade their team from last year. Not sure but I hear Boca is not as strong as well because they lost quite a few players. This is going to be an interesting age group with possible surprises in the rankings.

Comment

Think a lot of Brandon kids goto the Dynamo

Comment

This is a tuff age group, boys get into other things girls, parting, lose desire to play, have already graduated or just too expenses to continue if you don't have aspirations to play in college. All teams have lost players interesting to see players that did not have big roles in prior years step up and make a difference.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X