Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At U9s last year, West Pines was outstanding while South Miami, Kendall (Blue), Key Biscayne and Breakers were very good teams.
    l
    I'm no fan of OCYS, but my son's team has played the purple u9 team on a number of occasions and in 3v3 has played the rush kids that went over. I would honestly be shocked if any team in South Fl is technically as good as these boys they are really very good. They of course need to go down south to play in some of the larger tournaments to prove me right or wrong of course

Comment

Ocys

I'm no fan of OCYS, but my son's team has played the purple u9 team on a number of occasions and in 3v3 has played the rush kids that went over. I would honestly be shocked if any team in South Fl is technically as good as these boys they are really very good. They of course need to go down south to play in some of the larger tournaments to prove me right or wrong of course
      Everyone from South Florida except one good team I know was at Disney on Memorial Day and where was OCYS? They should have played there if they really wanted competition. Our team has played both Kendall and West Pines and West Pines is definitely the team to beat in South Florida this upcoming year. We've beaten, lost, and had a draw against Kendall, but could not beat West Pines. It was close, but not able to beat them in the one game we played them.

Comment

Everyone from South Florida except one good team I know was at Disney on Memorial Day and where was OCYS? They should have played there if they really wanted competition. Our team has played both Kendall and West Pines and West Pines is definitely the team to beat in South Florida this upcoming year. We've beaten, lost, and had a draw against Kendall, but could not beat West Pines. It was close, but not able to beat them in the one game we played them.
        They couldn't get into the 8v8 division to get ready for Dallas cup so couldn't play at Disney.

Comment

They tried very hard to get into the Disney Memorial Day Tournament but it just didn't work out so close to them going to Dallas. They will be very ready to compete with West Pines and Kendall this year especially after the strong showing at the Super Copa. I can't imagine the South Fl. teams being better then the 2 Dallas teams and one San Diego academy they played.

Comment

south florida teams usually do not have size to compete, the kids are small
            West pines is good but they do not have the size to compete with Orlando or in Dallas

Comment

south florida teams usually do not have size to compete, the kids are small
              West pines is good but they do not have the size to compete with Orlando or in Dallas
              Several years ago, our U10 SO FL team played Fishhawk and the Fishhawk kids were easily twice our size. It was a ridiculous size comparison. Result? Our team won 5-2. So much for size.

To say that south florida teams do not have the size to compete is a gross over-generalization. And it's wrong. OCYS did great last may in Disney - across almost all young age groups - but if you look at it historically, you would conclude the opposite, that So FL teams beat the rest of the state.

In 2013, So FL teams from SAA (various age categories) and Parma (U9) dominated Disney. Were they too small then?

It's good to have healthy competition, statewide. But you don't have So FL parents saying that Central FL kids and slow and have no skills. That they will all be tackle football players when they turn 14. That would be ignorant and a generalization.

Comment

They couldn't get into the 8v8 division to get ready for Dallas cup so couldn't play at Disney.
                OC has recruited the top rising U10 boys in Greater Central Florida to play on one team. OC has by far the best players in this age group. Congrats to OC on recruiting a masterful bunch of studs in one age group to win at all cost.

FYI, to all other competitors outside Orlando. OC U10 are the best by far all others pail in comparison. OC has merged the best of 3-4 teams to create a super U10 power house.

Comment

OC has recruited the top rising U10 boys in Greater Central Florida to play on one team. OC has by far the best players in this age group. Congrats to OC on recruiting a masterful bunch of studs in one age group to win at all cost.

FYI, to all other competitors outside Orlando. OC U10 are the best by far all others pail in comparison. OC has merged the best of 3-4 teams to create a super U10 power house.
                  You are correct. They are masterful at recruiting good players. They got the attractions. RECRUITING is the operative word. Now DEVELOPING is another thing.

Comment

Several years ago, our U10 SO FL team played Fishhawk and the Fishhawk kids were easily twice our size. It was a ridiculous size comparison. Result? Our team won 5-2. So much for size.

To say that south florida teams do not have the size to compete is a gross over-generalization. And it's wrong. OCYS did great last may in Disney - across almost all young age groups - but if you look at it historically, you would conclude the opposite, that So FL teams beat the rest of the state.

In 2013, So FL teams from SAA (various age categories) and Parma (U9) dominated Disney. Were they too small then?

It's good to have healthy competition, statewide. But you don't have So FL parents saying that Central FL kids and slow and have no skills. That they will all be tackle football players when they turn 14. That would be ignorant and a generalization.
                    At this age size matters a lot, a lot

of course if you are not good it doesn't matter.
                    I prefer a big fast kid then a small super fast who can't defend as usually is the case. I have seen a lot of small fast kid that wants to dribble the world but can't defend or hold control of the ball and keep losing the ball because they think they are Messi

Comment

I prefer a big fast kid then a small super fast who can't defend as usually is the case. I have seen a lot of small fast kid that wants to dribble the world but can't defend or hold control of the ball and keep losing the ball because they think they are Messi
                      I don't completely disagree. At the highest levels - however - at this age, you do get kids that have an idea how to play.

By the time you get to the second half of U10, playing 8v8, if you are in an elite program, you better have an idea how to defend and control the ball, or you will not be playing at that level much longer.

Comment

I don't know if you are right or wrong. But the statement was made the SFL kids are too small to win when they play statewide and I think that is completely wrong. As I said, 2014 OCYS had a great tournament. But if you look up the 2013 results, it was all south florida - SAA, Parma, Strike Force, Key Biscayne, Doral - and of course those giants from Rosario Argentina.

Comment

Funny thing about this thread is the 04/05 OC team are generally all on the smaller side the coach seems to prefer that in a player.

Comment

you guys are all short people, look at the german team they are big and fast, many french player like Pogba 6ft 2'. This is the way soccer is going to...
                            Unless you are from Brazil Spain or Argentina you may have a shot with a lot of skill. Less than 5 ft 9' forget it move to ping pong...
                            those great small players at age 10 will all be sitting on the bench in college on at Divison II. There are exception but only if you are very talented which is not the case for most of those kids.
                            Many of the teams you mentioned had some big kids like Parma. You cannot compete in Dallas with 11 little guys

Comment

you guys are all short people, look at the german team they are big and fast, many french player like Pogba 6ft 2'. This is the way soccer is going to...
                              Unless you are from Brazil Spain or Argentina you may have a shot with a lot of skill. Less than 5 ft 9' forget it move to ping pong...
                              those great small players at age 10 will all be sitting on the bench in college on at Divison II. There are exception but only if you are very talented which is not the case for most of those kids.
                              Many of the teams you mentioned had some big kids like Parma. You cannot compete in Dallas with 11 little guys
                              What a load of ****e, gotze, ozil, lahm are hardly giants, and France also has short arses. If you are good enough and athletic enough size isn't an issue.

Comment

What a load of ****e, gotze, ozil, lahm are hardly giants, and France also has short arses. If you are good enough and athletic enough size isn't an issue.
                                check you facts, I said 5 ft 9'
                                the only player below 5ft 9 that you mentioned is Lahm, Ozil if 5ft 11 and Gotze is 5ft 9', but remember they have the giant Khedira who is nearly 6ft 4 in the middle to help, swensteiger if 6ft and Muller is 6ft 1' , Schuerrle os 6ft also
                                If you are small be happy you play in south florida!!!! Big fast guys are playing basketball or football so be happy you have a place playing soccer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X