Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shake Up in Dunedin

I have been told that a huge shakeup happened with the Dunedin Soccer Club, as three board members including the President are out. This is good news to those of us that have had to take our children to other clubs because of the problems at the Dunedin soccer club. This was welcome news to me, I hope other board members that have simply occupied positions on the board in order to get free soccer for their children, take notice and resign from the board. This is a wonderful first step, so lets see who takes over as President and Director of Competitive soccer, in addition, lets hope some of the stagnant dead wood that has been holding down a position on the board also takes heed and resigns.

Let's hope they bring an outsider in to become President, although the Director of Rec soccer seems like a real go-getter. I would agree at least two other board members should simply leave, they have been on the board for a few years and have done nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have been told that a huge shakeup happened with the Dunedin Soccer Club, as three board members including the President are out. This is good news to those of us that have had to take our children to other clubs because of the problems at the Dunedin soccer club. This was welcome news to me, I hope other board members that have simply occupied positions on the board in order to get free soccer for their children, take notice and resign from the board. This is a wonderful first step, so lets see who takes over as President and Director of Competitive soccer, in addition, lets hope some of the stagnant dead wood that has been holding down a position on the board also takes heed and resigns.
      What others are out on the board?

Comment

What others are out on the board?
        I know that the President and the Director of Competitive Soccer are out at Dunedin, but not sure who the 3rd one would be.

Comment

Merge with chargers

Comment

Heard they are involved in a three way merger that will be announced after State Cup: WFF-Largo-Dunedin.

Comment

This is terrible news for the U12 girls team, will the new Competitive Director still pump al lthe clubs resources into this team, as the previous one did? I'm sure that whichever insider is named as President and Director of Competitive will somehow be linked to the U12 girls team. Alot of non-contributing dead wood still on the board, at least two of them are simply in place so that they do not have to pay for competitive soccer for their kids.

Comment

This is terrible news for the U12 girls team, will the new Competitive Director still pump al lthe clubs resources into this team, as the previous one did? I'm sure that whichever insider is named as President and Director of Competitive will somehow be linked to the U12 girls team. Alot of non-contributing dead wood still on the board, at least two of them are simply in place so that they do not have to pay for competitive soccer for their kids.
                The U12 parents are done, no more hoarding all the collection dates at Publix, no more paying for parents hotel, food and travel cost, but let them go, there scam is over Anytime Frank Morris wants to meet and square up toe-toe then he needs to let me know. As far as VP of Competitive Soccer, Mike Haber may have been the worst in the history of Florida youth soccer, good lord, people celebrated when he resigned. Haber is going to have a difficult time getting his kids teams more benefits than the other club teams, we all want field 1 and you wont be deciding to put only your kids on that field. I hope your kids end on 4 the next season, it only fits. One U12 parent resigned in disgrace, she said that Publix solely gave their 9 fundraising days to her team, but thanks to the current U14 boys team we found out that this was a lie. She has since pulled her kid from the club, after she was exposed to be a liar. I think its great that the club no longer has Haber and Elliot destroying the club.

Comment

Mike Haber has no chance of becoming the VP of Competitive soccer, he had this position, did a terrible job outside of his two daughters teams, if he was reinstated to the same position, both our U14 boys team and the girls U15 would walk away from the club. This guy was horrendous, no effort ever made to create teams or build teams outside his kids teams. Let his kids teams leave the club, we would be better off.

Comment

Heard they are involved in a three way merger that will be announced after State Cup: WFF-Largo-Dunedin.
                    Very bad information. Largo merged with TBU. Press release and a very long thread on TS have been out for over a week now.

Comment

I got this email from the club on Saturday, no mention of who will be the competitive coaches for next season, as well as what age groups they will be fielding teams for at the competitive level. What is the annual membership meeting, never heard of this before:

Dunedin Stirling United! Press Release
                      Hello Dunedin Stirling Soccer Family!!!

The Board of Directors would like to take the time to say thank you for your continued support. We have a very busy month for us as a club and we want to share these events with you. Please take the time to read over the information and we look forward to seeing all the families out on the fields.
                      Annual Membership meeting

On May 17th, we will be holding our Annual Membership meeting. During this meeting we will be sharing information regarding the success that each program has been experiencing and provide you with information on the up and coming programs of the club. Also, during that day you will have the opportunity to cast your vote for our new Board members to join the team.

Nominations
                      This year at our annual membership meeting we will be electing 4 individuals to join our Board of Directors. If you would like to be a nominee please submit your request and provide some Information about yourself so that we can communicate this to our members. Please forward the information to our secretary at secretary@dunedinsoccer.com , nominations must be in by May 15th. All nominees will be placed on the ballot and the General Membership will rank the nominees from 1 to ? (depends on the number of nominees) and the top 4 nominees will be elected to the Board of Directors.

Spring Recreational
                      Pictures will be taken of all teams and individuals Friday, May 9th and Saturday, May 10th immediately prior to your scheduled games. Please check the photo schedules posted on the Club bulletin board or check in with your coaches. Coaches should pick up photo forms at concessions prior to Friday to hand out to parents. Parents please get your children to their scheduled picture time early so games will start on time. Also please fill out your photo forms prior to picture day if possible.

The traditional Jamboree is in two weeks. The U6 & U8 age groups will have theirs Friday May 16th at. That night we will have the ballots for the annual membership meeting available in the office and also again all day Saturday starting at 9am right after the Annual Membership Meeting. We want everyone to be able to participate in this voting process so you can stop into the office that evening and cast your vote for our newest members of your Board, thank you for taking part and showing your support to the Club in more ways than one.

The U10 and up age groups will have their round robin Jamboree on Saturday May 17th. Immediately following our Annual Membership Meeting at 9am Sharp. Please join us for this meeting to hear all the new exciting things happening at the Club. Ballots will be available for voting the entire Day from 9-5pm.

Competitive
                      The End of the season Competitive Pizza Party, trophies and the long awaited Raffle will be drawn Saturday, May 17th starting at 9am. If you are still holding onto any raffle tickets get them into the office for the Drawing, asap.
                      The Competitive tryouts for the 2014-2015 Season will be held May27th-May31st. U12 age groups and younger will start at 6pm every night with the older age groups starting at 7pm. Spread the word to your interested friends.

Volunteer
                      There are only 2 weeks left of this Spring Recreational Season and we would like to thank all of those who have signed up and helped out where they could. If you have not signed up to volunteer in concessions or plug in somewhere else please do so. We could use some volunteers for the Jamboree Saturday May 17th. And for those who will be trying out for the competitive program there are volunteer shifts during tryouts and would suggest competitive parents getting there hours started early, they will count for the upcoming season.
                      There are many areas besides concession where we could use help. We will need people to organize the Christmas parade, a group to run pictures in the future, we always need extra help with the recreational program getting trophies, uniforms and various other things which come up. Please contact any Board member if you would like to be a part of making our Club even better.

Concessions
                      Thank you to all who have helped in concessions thus far, it is much appreciated. Everyone loves to have it open but very few have been taking their obligations to heart so I commend those that have meet their requirements and those who have already signed up for future dates on Volunteer Spot.
                      Those who have not please do so. The Concessions can’t be open unless we have parents who are willing to do their hours. It is only a two hour commitment for the whole season. If you go to our website and click on the link “Volunteer Spot” it will take you there for you to register and sign up for a shift.
                      Also please look through the Lost & Found box as any unclaimed items will be donated after May 18th.

Weather Alert system
                      We would like to encourage you to go to our website WWW.Dunedinsoccer.com and sign up for the weather/message alert system. The signup information is located on the right side of our home webpage. You can sign up to receive these notices by either by text or email.

All of us here at the Dunedin Stirling Soccer Club Would also like to take this opportunity to wish all the mom’s out there, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Comment

Dunedin is close to being dead as a club. How many teams do they have? I know some Dunedin parents will take their kids to ClW and WFF this season. But there are those who are considering TBU WEST/Largo. You see parents take so much pride about their kids place on the team. That's why they are still in Dunedin. Coz their kids are stars and starters. And some are waiting to see what TBU West is offering. If their kids can have spots and play for another league other than USA, they will make the move. Location wise, some Dunedin parents actually live near Largo.

Comment

Dunedin is close to being dead as a club. How many teams do they have? I know some Dunedin parents will take their kids to ClW and WFF this season. But there are those who are considering TBU WEST/Largo. You see parents take so much pride about their kids place on the team. That's why they are still in Dunedin. Coz their kids are stars and starters. And some are waiting to see what TBU West is offering. If their kids can have spots and play for another league other than USA, they will make the move. Location wise, some Dunedin parents actually live near Largo.
                          very few if any parents live near Largo, Duendin draws most of their players from Dunedin and Palm Harbor areas. The club had a total of 3 kids that were residents of the Clearwater School system, and no kids further south than that.

Comment

Were only a few weeks from tryouts, does the club plan to post what teams they will have tryouts for, as well as the coaches?

Comment

Were only a few weeks from tryouts, does the club plan to post what teams they will have tryouts for, as well as the coaches?
                              I sent them an email, but cannot seem to get a response. We want to know what age groups they will have tryouts for, but most importantly what coaches will be the trainers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X