Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My guess is that this post is coming from someone GUESSING too much without evidence and then ASSUMING they are doing a perfect job of JUDGING and in running a PERFECT CLUB. Are you really?
    All you are doing is backing the very original poster that started this thread. Just another parent feeling they are entitled because they pay money and put time in. The real world doesn't work like this. The sooner your kid realizes this the better off he/she will be.

Comment

All you parents want to be on Elite teams and to have your kids elite but none of you have the stomach for it. If you really want to get your kids better and be competitive then clubs should have one team of 30 kids and you get moved up and down based on your recent playing, attitude, practice, and a host of other factors. That's the way it is done in Europe. You are part one age group. You can be on the A team one week and demoted to the B team. Or you can play your butt of on the B team and move up as reward. This is true competition and an environment that breeds perfection. You get better or you pack your bags. No one said you can not play soccer just not on the A team today. But none of you would be able to stomach your kid moving down. You are all biased. You want your kid with an attitude on a team of 14 and expect him to improve
      Issue is "impress the coach" standard at tryouts does not provide the feeling of equal transparent opportunity such as academics SAT.

Once a decision is made by the coach, ego kicks in and it is a while for that victimised players to play catch up. I have several examples of this.

Just think: 2nd team of a club advances farther than the clubs first team in state cup, Analyse that.

Comment

All you are doing is backing the very original poster that started this thread. Just another parent feeling they are entitled because they pay money and put time in. The real world doesn't work like this. The sooner your kid realizes this the better off he/she will be.
        Do we need to spend thousands of dollars and join a soccer team to learn that real world realization? Who qualified and authorized you to teach kids it is OK to be UNFAIR by design?
        Fabricating fear and selling insurance works if you are in that business.
        But Soccer?

Comment

As in all sports there are a few 1% ers just better then everyone else. If you are not a 1%er you have to work harder then any one else. Most people are lazy and will only become average or just above average. There are a few that will put in the work and become an elite player.

Working hard is not just 2 to 4 days a week in practice it is a full time commitment. Diet,Individual, group and team training, mental, strength and agility to improve every aspect of your game.

Also, remember coaches pick teams on need and what they feel they need on their team. I have told my son for you years

You will make teams you are supposed to make
          You will make teams you are not supposed to make
          You will not make teams you are supposed to make
          You will not make teams you are not supposed to make

You will never know why but that is how it goes. Some of the better coaches give feedback as to why you were or were not selected. I found most do not.

Comment

Do we need to spend thousands of dollars and join a soccer team to learn that real world realization? Who qualified and authorized you to teach kids it is OK to be UNFAIR by design?
            Fabricating fear and selling insurance works if you are in that business.
            But Soccer?
            Paying thousands of dollars doesn't guarantee you anything except less money in your account. You obviously did not play competitive sports growing up. If you did my guess you didn't go far. It sound like you don't agree with the system. No one is forcing you to participate.

Comment

Paying thousands of dollars doesn't guarantee you anything except less money in your account. You obviously did not play competitive sports growing up. If you did my guess you didn't go far. It sound like you don't agree with the system. No one is forcing you to participate.
              Again, you are just good at assuming and judging, you have a big problem there, stay away from influencing kids in their growth, if you only use your guessing powers. They are very weak and absolutely fake.

Comment

Again, you are just good at assuming and judging, you have a big problem there, stay away from influencing kids in their growth, if you only use your guessing powers. They are very weak and absolutely fake.
                I would like to argue your point. But honestly I can't figure out what the hell you are saying. You talk in riddles that make no sense. Good luck I guess.

Comment

It is not a load of crap< I have coached for 2o years at different levels and what I am saying is that you can tell as early as 8 years old who is going to be a star player. Yes players can get better but I have never seen one go from one class to another class. I can tell you that the star player at 6v6 remained stars at 8v 8 and then 11v11. The average players almost always stay average and the mediocre players stay mediocre. You can only do so much with the talent that you have. No amount of training can compensate your lack of God given talent.

Look at it this way there are always kids that are super fast, God given talent and they remain fast all their lives. Sure if you are average you can increase your speed with some training which makes you better but I doubt that you will ever be considered fast no matter how much you train
                  Thank you for coming out atleat honest. After your 20 years of soccer coaching you still associate speed and fast and that is what you look for in players. It is a shame you are coaching soccer and that is what the problem is.

At least go do yourself a favor and read the biography of David Beckham for a start.[/QUOTE]

You are a moron. Did to say that you have to be fast to be good in soccer you idiot? I was using it as an analogy to over soccer talent . This is what I have to deal with on a daily basis. Parents who hear and see what they want to hear THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

What do I look for? First and foremost first touch. THAT is the most important thing in soccer. everything comes after first touch; you shot, or take a nice second shot or you pass. If you have the first touch of brick wall you will suck as soccer player no matter how fast you are. BTW superior first touch is a gift.

Comment

Thank you for coming out atleat honest. After your 20 years of soccer coaching you still associate speed and fast and that is what you look for in players. It is a shame you are coaching soccer and that is what the problem is.

At least go do yourself a favor and read the biography of David Beckham for a start.
                    You are a moron. Did to say that you have to be fast to be good in soccer you idiot? I was using it as an analogy to over soccer talent . This is what I have to deal with on a daily basis. Parents who hear and see what they want to hear THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

What do I look for? First and foremost first touch. THAT is the most important thing in soccer. everything comes after first touch; you shot, or take a nice second shot or you pass. If you have the first touch of brick wall you will suck as soccer player no matter how fast you are. BTW superior first touch is a gift.[/QUOTE]

Agree with your first touch comment but not with your cussing and name calling COACH, that is what the kids have to deal with, you see.

First touch can be a gift if you say so, but it can be developed and honed with good coaching and PRACTICE! Not difficult, but requires patience, no-cussing.
                    Athletic ability is a natures gift but needs nurturing, constant upkeep and can be known only when puberty is reached! Not when you are 5 or 8.
                    Training to keep away from injuries important to remain athletic.

First touch cannot be looked for at a 5 and 8 year olds! It needs to be developed from there on. By the time you are 14 and do not have first touch......yes, then you have your COACHing cap and Judgement call to make, depeneding on level of competetion planned for the team!!! 20 years???

Comment

Raise your hands if you'd work for $2 an hour. I would guess every hand would stay down. Why should anyone volunteer for a job. THis is their JOB!! What you all missing? Go to work next week and refuse your paycheck. or, go volunteer your time away from your family on Holidays like this weekend, or thanksgiving , or ..
                      Money is important to all of us and our family.
                      signed

-Coach

Comment

I would like to argue your point. But honestly I can't figure out what the hell you are saying. You talk in riddles that make no sense. Good luck I guess.
                        OK, I give it to you this time. Your GUESS is correct.
                        But don't get carried away and PLEASE stop guessing, because a lot of soccer loving little kids hopes have been destroyed by these guessing games!

Comment

I hate to say it but look for parents that are well off. No, not because I want money but because tournaments like the Disney and IMG show cases cost up to $900 each and then there are referee fees, travel costs and so forth. There are your club fees to be paid. Do not pick a team with players that are on welfare or Medicaid or low on the income scale. Your manager will constantly be hunting them down for their share of tournament costs. They will always be late or will not pay you at all and then you will have dissension between the haves and have nots. may times you manager ends up fronting the money

Most clubs have payment plans but they will become delinquent and then you will get an email for the club registrar one week before a tournament that 3 of your players can not play because they are 3 months behind in club fees. The instead of going to a tournament with 15 players you go with 12

Comment

I hate to say it but look for parents that are well off. No, not because I want money but because tournaments like the Disney and IMG show cases cost up to $900 each and then there are referee fees, travel costs and so forth. There are your club fees to be paid. Do not pick a team with players that are on welfare or Medicaid or low on the income scale. Your manager will constantly be hunting them down for their share of tournament costs. They will always be late or will not pay you at all and then you will have dissension between the haves and have nots. may times you manager ends up fronting the money

Most clubs have payment plans but they will become delinquent and then you will get an email for the club registrar one week before a tournament that 3 of your players can not play because they are 3 months behind in club fees. The instead of going to a tournament with 15 players you go with 12
                            Oh BTW, these people usually do have money but their parents do not know how to prioritize and there is this entitlement attitude; like "it is my right to play youth soccer". I cannot tell you how many parents who claim to have no money and are always delinquent have smart phones, their kids have the top soccer cleats, dad has gold chains, and they all where the latest Rinadlo or Messie Player jerseys at $70 a pop

BWT these parents are the last to organize fund raisers or show up to car washes too. Stay away form them, in the long run they will ruin your team.

Comment

Hope coaches are not posting for this thread.

If a coach is looking at parents to make a decision on players then its time to look for a new coach. Also shame on you coach. It either you want a good player or your don't. You can't pick a players parents. Threads like these make me wonder about youth soccer.

Comment

If a coach is looking at parents to make a decision on players then its time to look for a new coach. Also shame on you coach. It either you want a good player or your don't. You can't pick a players parents. Threads like these make me wonder about youth soccer.

Wake up, I want good players but not when they come with parents full of drama. This is nothing new. I would rather have a team full of average players that are cohesive with good chemistry then having stars full of drama

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X