Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great question. They’ve done such an awful job. I don’t see any good reason for them to stick around.

If I had to put money on it I would bet no.
    If US Soccer folds then the DA might not be around. It's like asking will the congress and senate be around another year. You are a tool.

Comment

Will GDA last another year?
      Looking less and less likely.

Comment

US Club affiliated girls programs are sending in applications week after to US Soccer trying to escape the misery of their current league parity. Yes, it's looking less and less likely they will be granted entrance int to US Dev. Academy next year. Wish them the best in purgatory. Heaven's gate.

Comment

If GDA goes away that would be sad but they just didn’t know how to put together what they needed to do.

Comment

Great question. They’ve done such an awful job. I don’t see any good reason for them to stick around.

If I had to put money on it I would bet no.
            Strong bet.

Comment

Strong bet.
              US Soccer runs the country's top platform for youth boys & girls. Not a strong bet, just the facts.

Why so nervous about the national level of youth soccer sponsored by US Soccer? Especially in backwards Oregon? Strong bet you feel anxious and worried.

Don't worry the DA is not intended for our local club fare. Just continue to make sure your payments to the non-profits rec/classic clubs are timely and you will be told everything is fine and you are in the right sphere. Payroll runs every two weeks is the slogan at our neighborhood club.

Comment

GDA has been very disappointing. Flying to play awful teams like Burlingame and PSV Union is a giant waste of time and money. Yes it’s fun to lay 8-12 goals on a tram but it doesn’t make you a better soccer player.
                The stench of failure surrounding the men’s national team is overpowering. They will be mowing their lawn and catching up on laundry during the World Cup. Sad!

Comment

GDA has been very disappointing. Flying to play awful teams like Burlingame and PSV Union is a giant waste of time and money. Yes it’s fun to lay 8-12 goals on a tram but it doesn’t make you a better soccer player.
                  It’s just a branded company. They are only as good as the people they hire.

Handing out US Soccer sweatpants and visors to people doesn’t make them any good.

Comment

Handing out US Soccer sweatpants and visors to people doesn’t make them any good.
                    It could be worse having a brand such as FC P or 5 team Crossfire United (Oregon?).

It's impossible to keep track of the turnover in the last 5 years at the big club FC P and the wanna be club or mini club CU.

Imagine if SoccerLoco was your brand? ROTFL

Comment

I should buy some US Soccer branded gear on eBay. Then show up and watch random showcase games with a clipboard in hand, act important and scribble lots of notes.

Comment

US soccer is a joke. Universally hated and their DA program is a money grab.

Comment

Wonder how much longer Thorns will be subsidizing? I am betting will be going going gone coming up soon.

Comment

Wonder how much longer Thorns will be subsidizing? I am betting will be going going gone coming up soon.
                            Parents already pay the first quarter million or so of travel costs. How can they be expected to shell out more. That’s doesn’t seem fair.

Comment

NWSL is hemorrhaging money and losing teams faster than they can blink. No way clubs that are losing money continue to prop up academy teams to develop girls for 10 years down the road when the NWSL won't even be a thing anyway. Even Thorns only make a little bit of profit, and that's because they have so many WNT players that they don't have to pay. If they were paying even MLS level salaries they would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

Comment

NWSL is hemorrhaging money and losing teams faster than they can blink. No way clubs that are losing money continue to prop up academy teams to develop girls for 10 years down the road when the NWSL won't even be a thing anyway. Even Thorns only make a little bit of profit, and that's because they have so many WNT players that they don't have to pay. If they were paying even MLS level salaries they would have been bankrupt a long time ago.
                                So you're saying if my auny had nutz, she would be my uncle.

Enlightening stuff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X