Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Eugene parents, I get that you are desperately trying to salvage your reputation. You'll have to take the word of parents who have been around longer when we tell you that this level of complaints after one weekend of play is unprecedented. This much smoke is a strong indicator of fire. I personally would never complain about a club based on hearsay. But you can bet I will after our team plays Eugene if these rumors are true. There is no place for that kind of play at this level.

In the meantime how about you stop with the howls of protest about your mistreatment, go back to the start of this thread and review how it started - with boasts of Eugene winning state cup and having the best back line in the state. I even recall you slammed the salem superstar and your own 01 team along the way. You brought this on yourself so forgive me if I don't feel much compassion for you right now. There's a phrase that fits - act like you've been there before.
    Bingo!

Comment

Just checking back in to see how you kids are doing. What do your children have to say about this forum? Have you shown them your posts, do you discuss it with them? Do you talk about the big bad wolfs down south, how they huffed and they puffed until the opposing parents lost their frickin minds? I would be super interested to know what your kids have to say about the behavior here. Maybe print out the entire thread, highlight the parts you wrote, and just see what they have to say. When they have finished reading it, ask them one question "What advice would you give the parents on this forum".

As a life lesson into the darkness of humanity I did this myself last night, unfortunately I didn't have anything to highlight for her, but she read through it start to finish, giggled along the way, made some funny faces, and before I could even ask a question responded with "Gawd, that is so dumb". Profound thoughts of a 14 year old girl right?

We chatted about it, talked about the issues raised, the anonymity of the posters, the threats, the warnings, the tone in general and then I asked her, "What advice would give the parents who have participated"? She said mom, I would just tell them shut up and grow up, it is all so dumb, whatever!

Just thought I would share

Comment

Just checking back in to see how you kids are doing. What do your children have to say about this forum? Have you shown them your posts, do you discuss it with them? Do you talk about the big bad wolfs down south, how they huffed and they puffed until the opposing parents lost their frickin minds? I would be super interested to know what your kids have to say about the behavior here. Maybe print out the entire thread, highlight the parts you wrote, and just see what they have to say. When they have finished reading it, ask them one question "What advice would you give the parents on this forum".

As a life lesson into the darkness of humanity I did this myself last night, unfortunately I didn't have anything to highlight for her, but she read through it start to finish, giggled along the way, made some funny faces, and before I could even ask a question responded with "Gawd, that is so dumb". Profound thoughts of a 14 year old girl right?

We chatted about it, talked about the issues raised, the anonymity of the posters, the threats, the warnings, the tone in general and then I asked her, "What advice would give the parents who have participated"? She said mom, I would just tell them shut up and grow up, it is all so dumb, whatever!

Just thought I would share
        I'm curious, Eugene mom. Did you ask her what she thought of her teammate's parents slamming the 14 year old player known as salem superstar? Did you see what she thinks about them bashing her club mates on the 01 team? Is she old enough and mature enough to understand the ramifications of her teammate's parents telling the entirety of youth soccer "hey - we are the team to beat!" Is she ok with that? Did she giggle and think it was funny that Eugene parents called people who are concerned about their kids' safety "babies?"

You talk to your kid however you like although personally I wouldn't waste my time conversing with my child about this page. But when you do have these deep and meaningful parent conversations, you might consider owning the role that you and your fellow Eugene parents played in this. It's not just people overreacting to the "big bad wolves (corrected your grammar error) down south." And the fact that you minimize and giggle about kids' safety once again demonstrates how clueless you are.

Comment

Is she old enough and mature enough to understand the ramifications of her teammate's parents telling the entirety of youth soccer "hey - we are the team to beat!"

Comment

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not a Eugene mom, just an outsider looking in with disbelief. But I would like to address your reply to my post of sharing this thread with my daughter. I apologize for the grammatical error and thank you for correcting it, I feel blessed for you taking the time to have not only changed it in your reply but to let me know you changed it. Very sweet of you indeed.

But to answer your question, the answer is yes, we talked about it all. My discussion with my daughter didn't center around who started it or who could finish it. The conversation wasn't about blaming anyone at all. Sure we talked about the safety issue and the targeting by players an adults in this forum, we sure did. We are not tied to this discussion, and it was a great opportunity as outsiders to look at a situation and learn, so she could see what it looks like from an outside perspective. I believe I shared that with you.

You sounded angry and sad in your reply as you threw out your unfounded assumptions about giggling about kids safety and that my daughter and I are clueless. I feel like you need a hug. It will get better sweety.

Apology accepted, I will pray for you

Comment

Does the person who keeps pretending to be a casual observer know everyone realizes they are lying?

It happens all the time.

"I'm not with that team, but I happen to have seen them play and......"
              "I'm moving to Portland from SoCal with three national team daughters and....."
              "I'm not the OP, but I strongly...."

Please, you aren't fooling anyone.

Comment

I don't have a daughter at this age but just happened to stumble upon this thread.

Comment

I will say you fools have made a pretty big splash in the pool!

Comment

Does the person who keeps pretending to be a casual observer know everyone realizes they are lying?

It happens all the time.

"I'm not with that team, but I happen to have seen them play and......"
                    "I'm moving to Portland from SoCal with three national team daughters and....."
                    "I'm not the OP, but I strongly...."

Please, you aren't fooling anyone.
                    It's not surprising that these Eugene parents who are brand new to club soccer don't realize how worn out and transparent the "I'm not with the team but just have to weigh in" posts are. We are all on to you. You came on here and ran your mouths and got an enormous amount of backlash, and now you are backpedaling and trying to right your many wrongs.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. The only thing that will right the ship for you is time and humility. Parents from FCP (including me) and HSC will be watching both the parents and players carefully and if there's a single misstep, it will add to the the terrible reputation this team has earned.

So just to make sure you fully understand - you are NOT helping with your silly "we're not with the team but I was so moved I had a heart to heart with my daughter" nonsense. You are fooling no one. Just stop. Go watch the games this weekend and keep quiet, and pray that your kid's coach gets some common sense and tones it down a bit. Otherwise it'll be another week of Eugene on blast here in TS land.

Comment

I will say you fools have made a pretty big splash in the pool!
                      Pool? Or did you mean toilet?

Comment

Pool? Or did you mean toilet?
                        I think they meant pool. As in cesspool. Well done Eugene.

Comment

I think they meant pool. As in cesspool. Well done Eugene.
                          I'm curious about the coming weekends

Comment

I'm curious about the coming weekends
                            Prediction:

Eugene 4, FCP 2. Multiple yellow cards for Eugene.
                            Eugene 0, HSC 4. Red card for Eugene coach.

Comment

Prediction:

Eugene 4, FCP 2. Multiple yellow cards for Eugene.
                              Eugene 0, HSC 4. Red card for Eugene coach.
                              Eugene 2, fcp 1. No cards but one kid injured for Fcp. Refs at this age are spotty on their quality and understanding. Fcp parent thrown out for trying to point out the cheapshots

Eugene 0, HSC 2. Eugene coach thrown out along with 2 players.

Comment

Eugene 2, fcp 1. No cards but one kid injured for Fcp. Refs at this age are spotty on their quality and understanding. Fcp parent thrown out for trying to point out the cheapshots

Eugene 0, HSC 2. Eugene coach thrown out along with 2 players.
                                Eugene 3, FCP 2.
                                Yellow cards for Eugene players and FCP coaches.
                                Multiple posts by FCP parents detailing Eugene transgressions.

HSC 4, Eugene 1.
                                Eugene coach and Terminator red carded.
                                Multiple posts from HSC parents detailing Eugene transgressions.
                                One late night Sunday all caps post from Shane telling us all how terrible we are.
                                One phone call to Eugene DOC by the league Monday morning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X