Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who is paying? Some of the coaches at those clubs are staffed at the grass roots by volunteers.
    Is the billups group now associated with Cuervos since he has been linked to GPS and if so that's how it's being funded. I know someone mentioned earlier that it's the "good" players from ADF who left over winter on cuervos now and that is the only group that left ADF as far as I know.

Comment

Is the billups group now associated with Cuervos since he has been linked to GPS and if so that's how it's being funded. I know someone mentioned earlier that it's the "good" players from ADF who left over winter on cuervos now and that is the only group that left ADF as far as I know.
      Billups group was last seen at BSC.
      Two good players, one back up goalie and one non-rostered reserve player left ADF and went back to Cuervos.

Comment

I don't think Cuervos is part of the GPS/IFC deal.

Comment

2 groups. All the money went to BSC, and all the talent went to Cuervos

Comment

2 groups. All the money went to BSC, and all the talent went to Cuervos
            So are the kids that went to BSC on the roster for state cup? And how can one say 2 "good players" went to cuervos when the ADF starting team looked very similar. they must have been bench players, which is why they would leave- they can't be that good

Comment

So are the kids that went to BSC on the roster for state cup? And how can one say 2 "good players" went to cuervos when the ADF starting team looked very similar. they must have been bench players, which is why they would leave- they can't be that good
              3 very good players that could be starters on any state cup team + 1 reserve. yes they are very good

Comment

3 very good players that could be starters on any state cup team + 1 reserve. yes they are very good
                Arguable, but Cuervos will be far from an easy out. Should finish top 2 in their bracket.

Comment

The kids that went to Cuervos were good players - the kids that went to BSC not so much.

Comment

The kids that went to Cuervos were good players - the kids that went to BSC not so much.
                    BSC 05b team a good fit for that kid.
                    Cuervos for the others? Time will tell.

Comment

BSC is good peoples. Really hope they don't contract willful blindne$$

Comment

Starters everywhere but ADF??? Way to spin it...

Comment

Not the OP but very familiar with last fall's ADF team. Player 1 is a lock down defender with an accurate cannon and can score from anywhere in the opponents half (started every game and took all free kicks). Player 2 is an aggressive, slippery and highly technical midfielder (started 1/2 the games only because he is undersized). Player 3 is a darn near 6ft tall keeper that was only the backup because last year's U11 state cup champ keeper is an 05. So yes, they could all start on at least most other state cup teams.

Comment

Not the OP but very familiar with last fall's ADF team. Player 1 is a lock down defender with an accurate cannon and can score from anywhere in the opponents half (started every game and took all free kicks). Player 2 is an aggressive, slippery and highly technical midfielder (started 1/2 the games only because he is undersized). Player 3 is a darn near 6ft tall keeper that was only the backup because last year's U11 state cup champ keeper is an 05. So yes, they could all start on at least most other state cup teams.
                            I assume you're talking about the cuervos transfers.

Comment

I assume you're talking about the cuervos transfers.
                              Yes, I would assume so as well. And clearly, this is a parent of said ADF, IFC children. I especially enjoy the detailed, oh-so-desperate descriptions/justification of these players...

"Player 1 is a lock down defender with an accurate cannon and can score from anywhere in the opponents half (started every game and took all free kicks). Player 2 is an aggressive, slippery and highly technical midfielder (started 1/2 the games only because he is undersized). Player 3 is a darn near 6ft tall keeper that was only the backup because last year's U11 state cup champ keeper is an 05"

And this why that team and other teams that try and bring in a few ringers for state cup will lose. No chemistry. No real connection which is essential at any age, but especially at 11. I am going to love reading the deflection and excuses on here.

Comment

The idea that 11 year olds are already labeled as starters or reserves speaks volumes.

Win. Win. Win.

Then quit at 13.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X