Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree. Thanks for answering my LI questions without additional vitriolic commentary. It's refreshing to discuss intelligent and as adults.

But I have to say I've also enjoyed roasting Surf and BOTN. Surf was too good to be true and BOTN's ridiculous, biased selling made both easy targets to question. Larry is a piece of work!!
    sorry your daughter got cut - probably best to go back to BOTN with that biased POV

Comment

sorry your daughter got cut - probably best to go back to BOTN with that biased POV
      Yep another bitter POS in a sour grapes situation who is a regular on BOTN trying to make new friends here. Admittedly enjoys bashing kids - he needs counseling and would love to see him banned from here. Maybe this forum should be changed to Back of the Net is Terrible AND its dysfunctional trolls. Go away bitter troll.

Comment

viable lol - there is only four of us! This site is getting boring with its current slant...
        Trust me there is are more than four (4) you. I Eric Harris read this forum and I will tell you that I know that LARRY is now reading this blog and I would bet anything that he will respond on this blog. Every couple of days I will post to him........which I know he will not post lol lol telling him and post to him the things that are said here. I am glad that this site is catching traction and it will continue because believe it or not LARRY I believe is the one that kept the drama going on his site. I know he posted on several of topics to fuel the fire or keep the fire lite. I am sure here he will try to do the same and maybe you will start to see post of someone UNREGISTERED complaining about this site and how it sucks...etc. Which wouldn't be surprising to me that its him to try and get the attention back to his site.

Eric Harris

Comment

Trust me there is are more than four (4) you. I Eric Harris read this forum and I will tell you that I know that LARRY is now reading this blog and I would bet anything that he will respond on this blog. Every couple of days I will post to him........which I know he will not post lol lol telling him and post to him the things that are said here. I am glad that this site is catching traction and it will continue because believe it or not LARRY I believe is the one that kept the drama going on his site. I know he posted on several of topics to fuel the fire or keep the fire lite. I am sure here he will try to do the same and maybe you will start to see post of someone UNREGISTERED complaining about this site and how it sucks...etc. Which wouldn't be surprising to me that its him to try and get the attention back to his site.

Eric Harris
          Love watching Larry squirm :)

Comment

Love watching Larry squirm :)
            I doubt he squirms lol lol but I can imagine he is upset that he can't stop people and if he knew who you were or actually who is putting his stuff on this site as I told him I do lol lol when I first started posting here. I actually think I was the second person to post here when I said I was going to start the U16G's topic. But Larry has tried to block me from viewing his site by blocking my IP from one of my computers in my office but now I turned on GHOSTSURF and now I have access because he can't block me because my IP is not scrambled lol lol but hey nice try on his part but Larry is funny to me. I just wonder what he actually looks like and if I have ever seen him in person and just not known it.

Eric Harris

Comment

I agree - the extreme Surf treatment over there drove many of us to an alternate blog site.

The only problem I have with this site is that no matter what I type my answer to "What is this Forum name?" is always rejected. I keep entering incorrect answers until I get the question about women winning Olympic 'gold'. What do you put in for forum names?
              forum name is talking soccer. i used to get the same problem,, glad it wasn't just me.. doiiiieeeee..LOL!

Comment

Eric Harris
                Hey, Eric - free country so do as you wish but please consider NOT encouraging LM to come on here. He will just destroy this blog and the (am I the 5th?) people coming here will just give up. He can destroy it easily by just coming here with a paid intern and posting nonsense comments. That will just annoy everybody and destroy what, at the moment, is a 'clean' place to share ideas.

For example, I learned how to read 990 forms and how to see which teams are registered in the various leagues ... It would be hard to find those informative posts here if I had to wade through page after page of 'BOTN-like' attack posts.

So please - do NOT egg LM into coming here.

Thanks.

Comment

But Larry has tried to block me from viewing his site by blocking my IP from one of my computers in my office but now I turned on GHOSTSURF and now I have access because he can't block me because my IP is not scrambled lol lol but hey nice try on his part but Larry is funny to me.

Eric Harris
                  Eric - congrats to you, your rock star daughter !! and the Gunners for winning the U16G ECNL championship!!!! Glad to see it!! For the longest time the golden child was O'R (IMHO) so I'm ecstatic to see another PDA girls team do so well. It's a testament to PDA's development and worth. LM is an idiot for blocking you. His horse-blinder view is restricted and seemingly doesn't extend beyond the NY state line. Or maybe he has affinity for idiotic, emotive-driven assertions over rational arguments. He wants to be the mouth piece of various parts of LI soccer when it suits him and his wallet. He's appointed himself the mouth piece of Surf .... although it's funny to watch his "I'll check with Matt and get back to you" posts like he's a messenger boy.

I firmly believe he encourages the Jerry Springer posts to keep BOTN relevant and important as the source of all things LI soccer. It's all about the advertising and his income.

#6??

Comment

viable lol - there is only four of us! This site is getting boring with its current slant...
                    There are way more than four posters. Thanks again for making this a viable site

As far as the current slants of Surf and Back of the Net ... I find it refreshing that an unmoderated forum can give alternative views that an monitored, censored site can't.

Naturally once Surf has shown whether they can execute or not, that will die down. I think that's what any logical person would espouse.

However, Back of the Net and its proprietor of ill repute will give us plenty of fodder. Larry can't help himself

Comment

The hype has already died down. No new press releases since late June. The Big Kahuna Girls DOC blockbuster announcement has not materialized. 11 registered teams: 1 pre-made and the rest GS point-free. No registered teams below '00 so Surf is NOT starting young and developing players which I FULLY expected given the hype. Surely if Surv doesn't want to recycle coaches they would not want to recycle players either.

Comment

Surf should have used their money to buy good teams over anything else. All most soccer parents seem to want is to be with a winning team. If yuo have winning teams at your clubs, the parents bring their good players.

Comment

Surf should have used their money to buy good teams over anything else. All most soccer parents seem to want is to be with a winning team. If yuo have winning teams at your clubs, the parents bring their good players.
                          Agree. Larry alluded to a blockbuster announcement about Sachem fields. I wonder if Surf will gobble up Sachem and perhaps take over the fields lease?

Comment

Agree. Larry alluded to a blockbuster announcement about Sachem fields. I wonder if Surf will gobble up Sachem and perhaps take over the fields lease?
                            They have no teams. Who is going to fund that. That would be a huge risk for them. I can't see it. I am sure LI Surf parents are having buyers regret. I would. If they were based on LI, that would be palatable, but they are in Westchester. What's the point? Even if they do, which I highly doubt, get the GDA, it will be in Westchester. Are LI kids traveling there three/four days a week. No way. Bought into the hype and it's going to crash down, unfortunately for the kids.

Comment

The hype has already died down. No new press releases since late June. The Big Kahuna Girls DOC blockbuster announcement has not materialized. 11 registered teams: 1 pre-made and the rest GS point-free. No registered teams below '00 so Surf is NOT starting young and developing players which I FULLY expected given the hype. Surely if Surv doesn't want to recycle coaches they would not want to recycle players either.
                              NY Surf is a hype machine. They entered saturated markets and used BOTN to drop hints that they knew something about their status in terms of GDA, ECNL, etc. What will Surf be if they don't get those league affiliations? Third tier in LI and second tier in Westchester.

Comment

Go back to BOTN...There are 10+ teams on gotsoccer under 00 and 00 is the oldest one shown...this board is just as bad as BOTN to let that lie on here...wild west here...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X