Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That would be a bummer. It's not that big as it is. Maybe they re-jigger a few other divisions in the process?
    That was my reason for asking the original question...

Comment

That would be a bummer. It's not that big as it is. Maybe they re-jigger a few other divisions in the process?
      I see a lot of "north" divisions in most age groups. At least the middle to younger ones.

Comment

I see a lot of "north" divisions in most age groups. At least the middle to younger ones.
        I think the point was that the top North Divisions don't have a lot of teams in them. If they lose three to four LI teams, they will have to backfill from lower divisions

As you get older that waters down those top North divisions.

Comment

This is the death of NYPL. This is for intermediate teams.

Comment

Watered down clubs and watered down leagues. Not good.

Comment

Watered down clubs and watered down leagues. Not good.
              That across all of US soccer - DA, ECNL + how many other leagues and organizations, multiple "State Cups" all battling over the same turf. It's like trying to figure out all the boxing organizations. Choice is good up to a point - but now we've passed the tipping point and everything is getting too watered down

Comment

Don't most of the clubs in that list have multiple teams per age? If they keep the lower level ones on LI and the better ones to top EDP brackets it would be fine. Personally we're in a top EDP bracket and would have to see it get smaller or weaker. The travel can suck but the competition is good

Comment

This is the death of NYPL. This is for intermediate teams.
                  NYPL has been somewhat of a failure anyway. Gary undercut it with NPL and then doubled down on the problem by creating Metro. Lots of travel to play against very uneven competition. Better to play EDP Long Island.

Comment

NYPL has been somewhat of a failure anyway. Gary undercut it with NPL and then doubled down on the problem by creating Metro. Lots of travel to play against very uneven competition. Better to play EDP Long Island.
                    Agree 100%. I like the people at NYCSL, they are wonderful but I am moving all my teams to EDP now. My stronger ones were there already.

Comment

Agree 100%. I like the people at NYCSL, they are wonderful but I am moving all my teams to EDP now. My stronger ones were there already.
                      Not from LI so pardon the ignorance. How is this new league going to help LI? Don't you play these club's teams already?

Seems to me LI teams need to play outside LI and hit NJ/PA/CT teams. Yes the travel sucks but we all travel in EDP. It's the sacrifice we make to help improve our kids.

Comment

Not from LI so pardon the ignorance. How is this new league going to help LI? Don't you play these club's teams already?

Seems to me LI teams need to play outside LI and hit NJ/PA/CT teams. Yes the travel sucks but we all travel in EDP. It's the sacrifice we make to help improve our kids.
                        I think it varies by teams and goals. For lower level teams that drive may not be the same. Some families might just want decent soccer without the big commitment. If the higher bracket more competitive teams stay in a tristate group and lower level do Long Island it could work well. According to others, teams can chose LI or not. They don't have to do LI just because they're on LI.

Comment

Long Island has more than enough high level teams to satisfy just about everyone's need for top competition. The problem is that there is no local premier league for them all to play in. Historically they would have moved on to play regionally in NERP and Region 1. But with the creation of multiple NPL's in our area, NYPL, EDP and so on it ended up badly fragmenting the scene and no one league is all that strong. Bring all those LI teams back to a single local league and everyone will have their hands full every weekend. And they can still use tournaments, showcases, state cup, etc for when they want to test themselves against outside competition.

Comment

Connecticut person here. Club just moved our team from EDP 1st division to NYCSL metro. Whole club is Metro now. I'm trying to make sense of this. What will the competition be? Is the metro some kind of springboard to the NPL or just...what?

Comment

Connecticut person here. Club just moved our team from EDP 1st division to NYCSL metro. Whole club is Metro now. I'm trying to make sense of this. What will the competition be? Is the metro some kind of springboard to the NPL or just...what?
                              Metro is supposed to be the first division with promotion in NYCSL NPL ... some Metro clubs got promoted on boys side without playing a game in Metro. So it's quite confusing

Seems like it would be two steps down going from EdP 1st to Metro

What club

Comment

From what I can tell Metro is a scam. NYCSL is promoting it as a stepping stone to NPL. However, it is not in any way associated with NPL. And in the past six months a couple different clubs have been accepted directly into NPL without ever having played a game in Metro.

Furthermore, it has been made abundantly clear from the FC Barcelona NY acceptance into NPL that US Club is the sole arbiter as to who and who doesn't get into NPL and they don't care one bit whether or not clubs ever played in Metro first.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X