Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Drove by yesterday. Still not an ounce of dirt moved.
    Yea but they have not raised prices yet either...

Comment

Drove by last week and not an ounce of dirt has been moved. Still baseball backstops and weeds up to your knees.
      The reason is the original deal is a lease. The owner of the facility also co owner of SUSA worked out a deal with the town to purchase the property rumor has it. Sale has not closed and work can't start until that happens. Look for work to start in July. TOI information.

Comment

The reason is the original deal is a lease. The owner of the facility also co owner of SUSA worked out a deal with the town to purchase the property rumor has it. Sale has not closed and work can't start until that happens. Look for work to start in July. TOI information.
        I heard a rumor, yes a rumor, that the shaky payment history of SUSA is requiring more assurances need by the town

Comment

I heard a rumor, yes a rumor, that the shaky payment history of SUSA is requiring more assurances need by the town
          SUSA has closed on the fields and got approvals from Zoning Board for lights and fencing.
          They will start in early july

Comment

SUSA has closed on the fields and got approvals from Zoning Board for lights and fencing.
            They will start in early july
            Looks like they switched from it being a lease to a purchase, at least for some of the land. From what I gather the town added some restrictions to the lease that SUSA wasn't happy with so they bought the land (at least part of it) instead so that they can do what they want.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2293867]Looks like they switched from it being a lease to a purchase, at least for some of the land. From what I gather the town added some restrictions to the lease that SUSA wasn't happy with so they bought the land (at least part of it) instead so that they can do what the

Does anyone know when SUSA will start to build?

Comment

It's going to be another year before they have a shot at having playable fields.

Comment

They might be better investing in some better staff. Outside 1 or 2 coaches training totally sucks.

Comment

When they switched from leasing to buying that probably restarted the entire permit process over again. And if it did, that means another year before anything is approved, and god knows how long after that before shovels hit the ground.

Comment

When they switched from leasing to buying that probably restarted the entire permit process over again. And if it did, that means another year before anything is approved, and god knows how long after that before shovels hit the ground.
                      I called Moussa, but he's in Colorado celebrating with the NPL National Semi-Finalist, Finalist and Championship teams from Susa right now...

Comment

I called Moussa, but he's in Colorado celebrating with the NPL National Semi-Finalist, Finalist and Championship teams from Susa right now...
                        Thanks Big L. Are you here because you're losing readers on the other site? Seems very quiet over there these days.

Comment

Thanks Big L. Are you here because you're losing readers on the other site? Seems very quiet over there these days.
                          Congratulations to the teams on getting that far!! Huge accomplishment and they should all be very proud. No one should take anything from how hard they all worked and how good they are-

BUT these were not SUSA grown players or teams by any means. Thanks should be going to Ron Alber and the recruiting/advertisement team at SUSA for picking up some very talented players in the last year or two.

Comment

These teams are good but let’s not get carried away. They will be average at best in ecnl next year.

Comment

These teams are good but let’s not get carried away. They will be average at best in ecnl next year.
                              Hey, I'll take "average" in ECNL next year! I don't think anyone is expecting them to light the world on fire, I'm just looking for my kid to have a good experience-win some, lose some, get acclimated to a higher, faster level of play and have a stronger platform for college recruitment.

Comment

They might be better investing in some better staff. Outside 1 or 2 coaches training totally sucks.
                                Why is there so much rah rah for this club on the other board. no bashing of susa there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X