Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That doesn't mean they will play varsity, and if you don't make the varsity team as a freshman... good luck
    If you don't make the varsity team as a freshman, good luck

It's a number games depending on what positions they play. Some may make it as a sophomore or junior. Some never. However just because you don't make it a a freshman doesn't mean that you are out of it, is crazy

Comment

If you don't make the varsity team as a freshman, good luck

It's a number games depending on what positions they play. Some may make it as a sophomore or junior. Some never. However just because you don't make it a a freshman doesn't mean that you are out of it, is crazy
      exactly - from what I've seen too, a lot of the very skilled freshmen that do make varsity right out of the gate see limited playing time the first year.

Comment

Really solid idea, you are smart. Can you please give me all of the committee members contact info, so I can ask the committee and be informed.
        Listed on the CIAC website
        Or go to Gatorade player of the year-all the winners and why they were selected lazy man

Comment

They won the fciac last year
          Jenna was a soph in college
          So one in what? 5 years?

Comment

So one in what? 5 years?
            That would be 2 in 5
            Plus at least 3 state championships. Not too shabby

Comment

exactly - from what I've seen too, a lot of the very skilled freshmen that do make varsity right out of the gate see limited playing time the first year.
              Yes, depending on the open positions and talent level, most freshmen who make varsity will get limited playing time (prob against Trinity Catholic and the like).

I can guarantee that most, of not all of the 7 girls from Shelton that are allegedly going to STJ will not make varsity. And at STJ, if you play JV as a freshman and sophomore, there is a very minimal chance you will play varsity.

Comment

Yes, depending on the open positions and talent level, most freshmen who make varsity will get limited playing time (prob against Trinity Catholic and the like).

I can guarantee that most, of not all of the 7 girls from Shelton that are allegedly going to STJ will not make varsity. And at STJ, if you play JV as a freshman and sophomore, there is a very minimal chance you will play varsity.
                And you know this about Shelton and STJ how

So no JV players ever play varsity.

Or is that they stash any player who has some soccer ability on Varsity. The result is large varsity roster. So they are on varsity but don't play much.

Comment

And you know this about Shelton and STJ how

So no JV players ever play varsity.

Or is that they stash any player who has some soccer ability on Varsity. The result is large varsity roster. So they are on varsity but don't play much.
                  I dont think stjs has a jv team- never seen them?

Comment

Now you can see them

http://stats.ciacsports.com/cgi-bin/...e%5EPostseason

Comment

Everything you say is false and overgeneralizing. Get your facts straight before talking out of your ample sized ass.

Comment

Who knew, good for them

Comment

Who knew, good for them
                          Don’t most, if not all, schools have JV programs as well? Many larger schools even have freshman teams.

Comment

Don’t most, if not all, schools have JV programs as well? Many larger schools even have freshman teams.
                            Yes most do but not all. Coaches want a stable of future players for the next year playing as much as possible. From the school's standpoint it means more kids keeping active and busy and out of trouble.

Comment

About half of the FCIAC teams have freshman girls teams. Not surprisingly they are most of the top girls varsity programs. STJ is the exception. No freshman team and Their JV program is for students who were NOT recruited by the JN.

Comment

About half of the FCIAC teams have freshman girls teams. Not surprisingly they are most of the top girls varsity programs. STJ is the exception. No freshman team and Their JV program is for students who were NOT recruited by the JN.
                                Makes sense given their size. L schools really aren't big enough to do frosh, jv and varsity

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X