Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rds redbull try-outs

Can I have some feedback on the RDS Try-outs? Is it a waist of time? Is it political in terms of players who are trained by the Redbulls only get picked? I appreciate everyone's true opinions and not the usual sarcasm. TY!

Do RDS if your kid just wants some quality extra training. Don't do it because you're hoping he'll get picked for Red Bulls. If he does, great, but the reality is only a fraction do. The better talent in the area is known and many won't come to the Rbulls through RDS

Comment

My daughter passed the tryouts for RDS and she had no previous connection. The training is great supplemental training with a bunch of other players who are in it and focused. They can run drills and not take half a session of trying to explain it, if you get my drift. That was the problem with my daughters regular town team.... Half the kids really were not committed and this gave my daughter some quality practice to supplement what is her team for now. If you kid is one of the top 1% then they will get an offer for the Academy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My daughter passed the tryouts for RDS and she had no previous connection. The training is great supplemental training with a bunch of other players who are in it and focused. They can run drills and not take half a session of trying to explain it, if you get my drift. That was the problem with my daughters regular town team.... Half the kids really were not committed and this gave my daughter some quality practice to supplement what is her team for now. If you kid is one of the top 1% then they will get an offer for the Academy team.
        More like top 10%

Comment

If OP questions is about training centers, those are good but tryouts really depend on which location you're looking to do. The quality is way different from one place to the next, with some very strong and others looking sort of weak.

If the question is about RDS Regional teams, they're pretty good and theoretically offer a pathway to RB Academy. I'd think from each RDS regional team maybe 2 or 3 kids eventually make the DA team?

Comment

If OP questions is about training centers, those are good but tryouts really depend on which location you're looking to do. The quality is way different from one place to the next, with some very strong and others looking sort of weak.

If the question is about RDS Regional teams, they're pretty good and theoretically offer a pathway to RB Academy. I'd think from each RDS regional team maybe 2 or 3 kids eventually make the DA team?
            Theory is right - 2-3 is not very many. the majority of players are found outside of RDS. Training is good but that's all it should be considered

Comment

when I took my son the trainers were very distracted looking at their phones or talking to each other. I was surprised by that and expected more. One was leaning up against a goal post texting half the time.

Comment

when I took my son the trainers were very distracted looking at their phones or talking to each other. I was surprised by that and expected more. One was leaning up against a goal post texting half the time.
                This post is complete nonsense. I have been doing RDS for years for my daughter and I have never once seen one of them in their phones. They are completely focused on their job. Very organized and prepared group. And it doesn’t matter who the trainer was, they are all very good. It is excellent supplemental training from her club team.

Comment

They often take notes on their phones...

Comment

Can I have some feedback on the RDS Try-outs? Is it a waist of time? Is it political in terms of players who are trained by the Redbulls only get picked? I appreciate everyone's true opinions and not the usual sarcasm. TY!
                    Not a waste of time as if your son/daughter passes a tryout based RDS and they attend they don't have to tryout again if they want to do another tryout based RDS within 18 months. Also get early access to signups fwiw.

Comment

does that include summer camps too?

Comment

does that include summer camps too?
                        Ah, actually I'm not 100% sure. I reread the email and realized the early invitation to the RDS residential summer camps was because of prior attendance at RDS residential summer camp, so not sure if this goes out to someone who does a Spring/Winter/Fall RDS. (also note non-residential camps have no tryouts, even though they are called RDS, and wouldn't qualify).

I am resonably sure (although now doubting myself) that once you've made it through tryouts for any RDS program you can access any other RDS without tryout. But honestly best bet is just to ask RBNY for any clarification.

Comment

Ah, actually I'm not 100% sure. I reread the email and realized the early invitation to the RDS residential summer camps was because of prior attendance at RDS residential summer camp, so not sure if this goes out to someone who does a Spring/Winter/Fall RDS. (also note non-residential camps have no tryouts, even though they are called RDS, and wouldn't qualify).

I am resonably sure (although now doubting myself) that once you've made it through tryouts for any RDS program you can access any other RDS without tryout. But honestly best bet is just to ask RBNY for any clarification.
                          Once you're accepted to any tryout program your eligible for any tryout camp without trying out. You do, however, have to tryout again for each and every RDSv training program.

Obviously, if you had a position experience your pretty likely to make it.

Comment

Once you're accepted to any tryout program your eligible for any tryout camp without trying out. You do, however, have to tryout again for each and every RDSv training program.

I actually do know there difference between your and you're - just careless! 😁

Comment

Makes sense, thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X