Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL rebranding

I waited patiently all day for someone to come on here and provide commentary on this new bizarre logo. If you haven't had a chance to see it for yourself, here you go : https://www.soccerwire.com/news/the-...rand-identity/

I'm not sure what it is or what it's supposed to be, but it's different.

surf

ride the wave

Comment

Surf is terrible

Comment

I wonder how much they paid for that crap?

The icon on the new ECNL badge looks like the number 6 merged with the letter g and is showing you it’s a**hole.

Comment

You really can't make this sh*t up... what an ugly freakin' logo. Dear God....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            You really can't make this sh*t up... what an ugly freakin' logo. Dear God....
            Agreed and why the rebranding now? Maybe ECNL is feeling a little threatened by GAL and some of the innovative things they are doing. Timing of the ECNL rebrand is interesting.

Comment

Agreed and why the rebranding now? Maybe ECNL is feeling a little threatened by GAL and some of the innovative things they are doing. Timing of the ECNL rebrand is interesting.
              Similar colors to MLS Next logo. Just another follower.

Comment

GA doing the technology thing does look pretty smart. I’d be pretty happy if we started doing video and instat in ecnl.

Comment

GA doing the technology thing does look pretty smart. I’d be pretty happy if we started doing video and instat in ecnl.
                  Easily done if they want. It's not an ownable differentiator. Technology isn't a reason to join a league, coaching and competition is.

Meanwhile, the GAL website is terrible and they use GotSoccer for schedules. I'd hardly call them tech savvy.

Comment

What’s more likely is they want to make a push on the boys side and need to integrate everything if they want to be serious about it. MLS running a youth league is an experiment at this stage. If it doesn’t go well ECNL can position itself to pick up the pieces.

Comment

What’s more likely is they want to make a push on the boys side and need to integrate everything if they want to be serious about it. MLS running a youth league is an experiment at this stage. If it doesn’t go well ECNL can position itself to pick up the pieces.
                      For sure there are some clubs that shouldn't be in that league or may not want to be after this year. A logo isn't going to sway a club or family into going; it's about the proposition, coaching at the local level, fit with player goals etc

Comment

Easily done if they want. It's not an ownable differentiator. Technology isn't a reason to join a league, coaching and competition is.

Meanwhile, the GAL website is terrible and they use GotSoccer for schedules. I'd hardly call them tech savvy.
                        Actually, in this day and age, technology is a factor. With games up in the air, coaches travel limited, and recruiting visits limited at best, having a solid video platform and a forward-thinking organization cannot be considered a bad thing. Unless, of course, GA does it. Then of course it's a bad thing.

ECNL will do it next year and it will be presented as a technological breakthrough akin to the iPhone...

Comment

The Tracer tech is awesome. No joke, can watch my kids moments with her or watch the full game. Very instructive, I only hope the coaches watch too.

Comment

Actually, in this day and age, technology is a factor. With games up in the air, coaches travel limited, and recruiting visits limited at best, having a solid video platform and a forward-thinking organization cannot be considered a bad thing. Unless, of course, GA does it. Then of course it's a bad thing.

ECNL will do it next year and it will be presented as a technological breakthrough akin to the iPhone...
                            Having a video platform is useless if college coaches know you're playing against weak competition. Video against LISC, Cedar, Seacoast, etc.. is not getting college coaches excited.

Comment

Having a video platform is useless if college coaches know you're playing against weak competition. Video against LISC, Cedar, Seacoast, etc.. is not getting college coaches excited.
                              Is it useless? The platform is more than just a recruiting video opportunity, but its that too if you want it to be. I’m sure the college coaches love your IPhone video of losses against such great competition as FSA, Stars B team, PDA B team, CFC, and EM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X