September 13, 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with those who think the rules are stupid. At first it was wear a mask if you are indoors and can't socially distance. Then it was wear a mask if you are indoors or outdoors and can't socially distance. Now it's wear a mask even if you can socially distance. At a soccer field parents should easily be able to social distance and mask wearing shouldn't be required. BUT I wear a mask anyway. Why? Because those are the current rules - stupid as they are. AND I don't trust the government not to overreact. I can easily see a situation where a couple of local officials complain about lack of following rules at soccer events and our esteemed leaders make us go backwards again. Just like they did when they changed the soccer rules that had been working fine in response to an imaginary spike. So I grudgingly wear my mask at soccer games, not because I think it's socially responsible but because I'd rather have my kid playing soccer with me stuck wearing a mask than have my kid not playing soccer because I wasn't willing to inconvenience myself to make sure she can keep doing something she loves.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If you don't like the rules, then try & get them changed. Arguing that it's ok to break the rules? Ah, ya-no! Not the solution...duh. Your advice only attempts to accomplishes shutting things down. It doesn't attempt to change rules. Powers that be will see people break rules. Their next option to help keep everyone safe will be to end people gathering for soccer because they do not follow guidelines to stop the spread. Funny, you'll be 1st to whine when things come to screeching halt
      Nothing iss getting shut down because people who are distancing aren't wearing masks outside in the open air. Get a life.

Comment

It’s shutting down people

Comment

I agree with those who think the rules are stupid. At first it was wear a mask if you are indoors and can't socially distance. Then it was wear a mask if you are indoors or outdoors and can't socially distance. Now it's wear a mask even if you can socially distance. At a soccer field parents should easily be able to social distance and mask wearing shouldn't be required. BUT I wear a mask anyway. Why? Because those are the current rules - stupid as they are. AND I don't trust the government not to overreact. I can easily see a situation where a couple of local officials complain about lack of following rules at soccer events and our esteemed leaders make us go backwards again. Just like they did when they changed the soccer rules that had been working fine in response to an imaginary spike. So I grudgingly wear my mask at soccer games, not because I think it's socially responsible but because I'd rather have my kid playing soccer with me stuck wearing a mask than have my kid not playing soccer because I wasn't willing to inconvenience myself to make sure she can keep doing something she loves.
          ^ this...spot on ^

Comment

Nothing iss getting shut down because people who are distancing aren't wearing masks outside in the open air. Get a life.
            You probably think the government completely overreacted with the current ridiculous rules for soccer in the first place and yet you think the government is now going to suddenly see the error of its ways?

Comment

Great comment and I really mean that, but let me ask you this... where does it stop? If the government told you that you had to wear a hazmat suit if you wanted your kid to keep doing something she loves, would you still do it? How about if they told you that you as a parent would have to lay belly down on the grass/turf while she's playing... would you still be ok with that inconvenience? Where does it cross the line? Serious question.

Comment

I would do whatever it took for my kid to enjoy what she loves!

Comment

Great comment and I really mean that, but let me ask you this... where does it stop? If the government told you that you had to wear a hazmat suit if you wanted your kid to keep doing something she loves, would you still do it? How about if they told you that you as a parent would have to lay belly down on the grass/turf while she's playing... would you still be ok with that inconvenience? Where does it cross the line? Serious question.
                  It stops when the govt's rules are not authorized by valid legislation or regulatory action, or where the government requirements violate individual civil rights or other statutes. These rules are supported by science and were validly enacted--maybe you disagree with those conclusions--but if you don't agree with what the Mass govt is doing you can try to address that at the ballot box. (BTW--it sure looks like you are in the minority in Mass--most folks are happy with the govt's approach). The proposed recommendations you float would never actually be enacted because they likely wouldnt survive the legislative or regulatory process, and if they ever did, the govt would likely promptly be voted out--that is how democracy works. But none of the current rules were invalidly enacted, nor do they violate anyone's civil rights. If you disagree with what the government is doing, vote for someone else.

Comment

This is a ridiculous comment. Wear a mask, big deal. It's helping you and others. Watched a game at Forekicks last Sunday, it was pretty packed w/ parents along the fence, everyone keeping distance as much as they could w/ masks..but it is packed. Siblings running around, etc. You can't always control the distancing...

Comment

Stop feeding the trolls and just let this thread die. If you truly want to wear a mask outdoors to 'save soccer' for all of Mass when no one is within 20 feet of you, when only a handful of others are wearing one, and when no other states are going to such extremes then knock yourself out. No one else cares or is going to be influenced by what you do.

Comment

It will not be the last if parents follow the NEP rules. I don't know what other leagues have for rules but NEP ones are pretty clear. I'd say 90 percent were being followed. few parent without masks. Hopefully coaches will tell them. to get with it so everyone can play all Fall.
                        If you think masks at the outdoor event mitigates the risk of spreading the virus, you're a ****ing moron.

Don't get me wrong, some soccer mom a player will test positive after giving it to her friends at the book club meeting at the bar patio, and the team will have to shut down and panic will ensue. But none of that will have to do with the game at the field and some of the absurd anti-science modifications mandated.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          if you think masks at the outdoor event mitigates the risk of spreading the virus, you're a ****ing moron.

Don't get me wrong, some soccer mom a player will test positive after giving it to her friends at the book club meeting at the bar patio, and the team will have to shut down and panic will ensue. But none of that will have to do with the game at the field and some of the absurd anti-science modifications mandated.
                          best day ever!

Comment

best day ever!
                            We are still going strong in MA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X