Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA Soccer

Looks like the NCAA is going to vote next week on a proposed spring season which will start in Feb and end with National Championships in May. Hope it works out for all those DI players. Not sure if this also covers DII and DIII.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like the NCAA is going to vote next week on a proposed spring season which will start in Feb and end with National Championships in May. Hope it works out for all those DI players. Not sure if this also covers DII and DIII.
    For the players' sake I hope it happens, I just have doubts it will.

Comment

Don't worry, the danger of the Wuhan Flu will be over after November.

Comment

Don't worry, the danger of the Wuhan Flu will be over after November.
        Agreed. See below: slap a few masks on the mosquitos now.
        To think that other things make people sick. That is outlandish. Where is the Boston city counsel shrew on this?

https://www.boston.com/news/health/2...est-nile-virus

Comment

Agreed. See below: slap a few masks on the mosquitos now.
          To think that other things make people sick. That is outlandish. Where is the Boston city counsel shrew on this?

https://www.boston.com/news/health/2...est-nile-virus
          Largest school district in the country....admitting it openly -

"KFI News radio reporter Steve Gregory received a recording of Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer stating that she believes schools will open again after the November election.

She was on a conference call with “a collection of school nurses, school administrators, other education and medical professionals” when she made the statement.

“We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving to either tier 2 or to reopening K-12 schools at least until after the election, in early November,” she said."

These people are 100% pure evil.

Comment

There will only be an NCAA championship if 50% of conferences or teams (I don’t recall which is the metric) play enough games to be eligible this spring. While I believe all three divisions will play some games this spring, meeting that threshold will be difficult for most schools.
            Fields, resources, staffing to add all of these games to the traditional spring sports is a heavy lift.

Comment

So how did NCState get away with playing only football this fall and canceling all other fall sports?

Comment

Woman’s soccer just lost yesterday.

Comment

Woman’s soccer just lost yesterday.
                  https://gopack.com/news/2020/8/31/wo...20-season.aspx

No they didn't. They are not playing at NC State. Only football is playing. Here is the story directly from Wolfpack's website.

Comment

So how did NCState get away with playing only football this fall and canceling all other fall sports?
                    Football makes money, all other sports cost money?

Comment

Football makes money, all other sports cost money?
                      Football in P5 makes money. I thought schools were terrified of a Title IX lawsuit in allowing a men's sport to compete without allowing a complimentary womens sport. I was just putting it out there as I was surprised to see NCState fball this weekend.
                      I think it is great that they are playing.

Comment

Football in P5 makes money. I thought schools were terrified of a Title IX lawsuit in allowing a men's sport to compete without allowing a complimentary womens sport. I was just putting it out there as I was surprised to see NCState fball this weekend.
                        I think it is great that they are playing.
                        If Covid-19 can shutdown the world economy and let politicians declare something akin to martial law for more than half a year then I think it can be used as a Title IX get out of jail free card

Comment

um, because it's football and little else matters, especially in the south? just a guess

Comment

Largest school district in the country....admitting it openly -

"KFI News radio reporter Steve Gregory received a recording of Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer stating that she believes schools will open again after the November election.

She was on a conference call with “a collection of school nurses, school administrators, other education and medical professionals” when she made the statement.

“We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving to either tier 2 or to reopening K-12 schools at least until after the election, in early November,” she said."

These people are 100% pure evil.

Lack of Leadership and an organized plan at the start is why schools and bars are closed. CDC, HHS, and FDA have had to back track on multiple statements during this pandemic. Call it what you want but this issue lands squarely on one person’s desk and they cannot take responsible. A company ain’t a country.

Comment

Lack of Leadership and an organized plan at the start is why schools and bars are closed. CDC, HHS, and FDA have had to back track on multiple statements during this pandemic. Call it what you want but this issue lands squarely on one person’s desk and they cannot take responsible. A company ain’t a country.
                              Right! Charlie Baker and his liberal buddies have messed this up big time. Looks like he was competing with Cuomo and Newsome to see who is the worst at governing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X