Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He’s a “real” something, alright. You must love this guy or be this guy?
    I guess his point is that we should confront this person in person, instead of coming on here. Having done this - it never really goes anywhere other than other people thinking you are the crazy person on the other team. Its hard not calling a jackass a jackass though. Its why you see some parents stand off in the distance to not get involved in the crowd banter, those are the people who've been part of it and found confronting other adults useless and a waste of time.

Comment

I guess his point is that we should confront this person in person, instead of coming on here. Having done this - it never really goes anywhere other than other people thinking you are the crazy person on the other team. Its hard not calling a jackass a jackass though. Its why you see some parents stand off in the distance to not get involved in the crowd banter, those are the people who've been part of it and found confronting other adults useless and a waste of time.
      I actually confronted an angry grandparent of a player on our my daughter's team. He almost went onto the pitch and went after a ref. He then turned his attention to me and looked like it was going to get physical. I just walked away..."no need to get this onto youtube" I thought

Comment

I actually confronted an angry grandparent of a player on our my daughter's team. He almost went onto the pitch and went after a ref. He then turned his attention to me and looked like it was going to get physical. I just walked away..."no need to get this onto youtube" I thought

Yeah, assuming a 15-20 year age difference it wouldn't have looked good for you, even if you were right. At a youth sporting event a few years back, I saw an older 65-70 gentleman (after words were exchanged) physically charge at a 45ish man who turned when contact was made and sent the older man sprawling - crowd reacted as if it were elder abuse. Even though he wasn't the aggressor (verbally/physically) it was still embarrassing for him. Older guy was way out of line, he was verbally abusive to the opposing team's girls leaving and coming into the game. Still had to usher him to his car to stop him from being attacked. That
        's one benefit of being old.. never wrong!

Comment

Stop the foolishness. It’s a GIRLS soccer game. You lost. Your kid is nothing special. Get over it.
          A GIRLS soccer game? It would have been ok at a BOYS game?

Comment

As a note, I did not say to confront the person. All I said is if it isn’t something you would say directly then don’t write it on TS. Soccer is a physical game, and although it is difficult to watch sometimes try to let the kids iron it out. I have no connection to that game but have seen similar.

Comment

once witnessed a parent shout to the ref 'i'll see you in the parking lot' poor kid was terrified. he must have been 16ish and the dad was way into his 40's. this was at a u9 game. parents need to get a grip.

Comment

Yeah, assuming a 15-20 year age difference it wouldn't have looked good for you, even if you were right. At a youth sporting event a few years back, I saw an older 65-70 gentleman (after words were exchanged) physically charge at a 45ish man who turned when contact was made and sent the older man sprawling - crowd reacted as if it were elder abuse. Even though he wasn't the aggressor (verbally/physically) it was still embarrassing for him. Older guy was way out of line, he was verbally abusive to the opposing team's girls leaving and coming into the game. Still had to usher him to his car to stop him from being attacked. That
                's one benefit of being old.. never wrong!
                I feel like your memory is blurry and your thinking of Pedro Martinez ;)

Comment

I feel like your memory is blurry and your thinking of Pedro Martinez ;)
                  HA! I was the one who posted the story and honestly, that's a great analogy to how the situation evolved. With the exception that we were, supposedly, on the same team...

Comment

It was a well run tournament in covid times. Our son and his team had so much fun and were happy to be on the fields playing soccer against good competition.
                    Sorry there wasnt any ECNL/DA bashing, Trashy Rhode island parent bashing, Covid Karen fear mongering, or Club bashing hard hitting commentary in my post but lets all remember its about our kids getting back on the fields with a short semblance of normalcy and we appreciate Seacoast staff jumping through hoops and making it happen.

Comment

It was a well run tournament in covid times. Our son and his team had so much fun and were happy to be on the fields playing soccer against good competition.
                      Sorry there wasnt any ECNL/DA bashing, Trashy Rhode island parent bashing, Covid Karen fear mongering, or Club bashing hard hitting commentary in my post but lets all remember its about our kids getting back on the fields with a short semblance of normalcy and we appreciate Seacoast staff jumping through hoops and making it happen.
                      completely agree. for a few days the world actually felt. . somewhat normal.

Comment

Agreed on all but the part about Covid Karen. From what I heard, she caused one final to be cancelled, all for something that reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swBtLPWeKbU

Comment

HA! I was the one who posted the story and honestly, that's a great analogy to how the situation evolved. With the exception that we were, supposedly, on the same team...
                          Um ....Imposter?? Why do this, I was actually the one who posted the story. unless I've suffered a psychotic event I didn't write the quoted post. You are a very weird. But yes that was the joke we used when razzing him about it.

Comment

Um ....Imposter?? Why do this, I was actually the one who posted the story. unless I've suffered a psychotic event I didn't write the quoted post. You are a very weird. But yes that was the joke we used when razzing him about it.
                            You probably meant the original story, I'm an idiot

Comment

Thank you Seacoast, great tournament in difficult times!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X