Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Surf study is flawed because they didn't do regular (daily or weekly) testing of all participants; the cases they noted were the cases they *noticed*, meaning symptomatic cases. Its viability as a scientific study is nil. The same goes for Wisconsin's study - without regular testing, the "study" is only finding symptomatic cases, which is a data point, but not the one you're looking for to justify your claim
    By that logic, then none of the numbers in our country matter, cuz we aren't testing every single person, which would give us the actual numbers.

What it does show in the wisconsin study is that less players showed symptoms and tested positive then the national average for that age group, which does mean that it wasn't raising the risk of testing positive.

Comment

We are moving forward finally as a state when it comes to youth sports. We are one of the last states to move forward with youth sports. If you don't feel safe with that, then there is an easy solution, don't have your family partake in it.

Comment

Which explains why you can link arms with other fools in pointless riots defacing our beautiful city at all hours of night, along with hundreds of other unemployed clueless misfits, all the while not wearing a mask or keeping six feet of distance and then tell the people who want to go back to work and start again earning a living to support their families they are just selfish dycks not interested in others...says the hypocrite to his reflection in the broken mirror.

Your parents must be proud...you stupid bastard.
        Now we are getting somewhere. Thank you for the glimpse into your little mind. So, while the COVID19 pandemic has been difficult for everybody, it has been especially difficult for you and other, like minded (read white, privileged D-Bags) such as you. I mean, you are the only one who loves his family and wishes to support it, right? God, it truly must suck to know that the best part of you ran down your Mom's inner thigh. You are what is right, and everybody else is what is wrong. You are the victim, and everybody else is the perpetrator. If you were just put in charge, then everything would be the way it should be.....very dangerous thinking. Hate to break it to you, but that is already the case. We already have a dumb, lying, narcissistic, white privileged leader in charge....and here we all are. But hey, it is no worse than the flu, right. Let your little slow, untalented, uncoordinated, snowflake play soccer with his other wasp friends; while you take videos and photos and try to portray him as better than he really is. Gotcha. You are exactly what is wrong with..not just "our beautiful city" but this entire country (founded and built in racism since 1492) #fighting terrorism since 1492

Comment

washington RCL and BECNL will be starting the weekend of Oct 10th. I'm sure Oregon will follow soon

Comment

Which explains why you can link arms with other fools in pointless riots defacing our beautiful city at all hours of night, along with hundreds of other unemployed clueless misfits, all the while not wearing a mask or keeping six feet of distance and then tell the people who want to go back to work and start again earning a living to support their families they are just selfish dycks not interested in others...says the hypocrite to his reflection in the broken mirror.

Your parents must be proud...you stupid bastard.
            Actually, the protesters and rioters do wear masks.

And probably would anyway, at least the rioters.

Whatever else you might think.... This is evidence that masks do work. That, and being outdoors.

Comment

Actually, the protesters and rioters do wear masks.

And probably would anyway, at least the rioters.

Whatever else you might think.... This is evidence that masks do work. That, and being outdoors.
              masks do work. Can you believe we shut everything down for such a small number of people? These poor kids are learning at about 15% of normal capacity with remote learning and they are getting limited access to any sports...all because we need to protect a certain type of person in our country. The numbers don't add up. 10K have died from COVID. 190K have died with COVID in their blood but truly died of other causes. We have been worked!

Get the kids back on the field.

If you're at high risk you need to stay home. If you're healthy and want to leave your house you can

Comment

masks do work. Can you believe we shut everything down for such a small number of people? These poor kids are learning at about 15% of normal capacity with remote learning and they are getting limited access to any sports...all because we need to protect a certain type of person in our country. The numbers don't add up. 10K have died from COVID. 190K have died with COVID in their blood but truly died of other causes. We have been worked!

If you're at high risk you need to stay home. If you're healthy and want to leave your house you can
                Dear God, you're a selfish ass. Obviously, you're not in the high risk category--or don't think you are.

If you were, I strongly suspect you wouldn't be here saying "oh, I guess I'm going to live as a shut-in for the rest of my life, so I don't inconvenience everyone else. Sucks to be me, I suppose". Instead you'd be demanding that The Public go to any length to mitigate the potential harms to you.

Oregon has had it better than most places, and for that I credit our public officials. It's because of mandatory masks and such that we've not seeing our emergency rooms and ICUs flooded, and corpses being stored in freezer trucks because the morgues are all full. Perhaps you believe that we're special in some way, and that the public health measures were not needed, but that's like saying we don't need to wear seatbelts because we've never been in an accident.

Comment

The Surf study is flawed because they didn't do regular (daily or weekly) testing of all participants; the cases they noted were the cases they *noticed*, meaning symptomatic cases. Its viability as a scientific study is nil. The same goes for Wisconsin's study - without regular testing, the "study" is only finding symptomatic cases, which is a data point, but not the one you're looking for to justify your claim
                  i guess you haven't read the vaccine trial protocols

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN26835O

they are also only counting symptomatic cases as their end point in terms of effectiveness

i'll wait as your head explodes as you try and wrap your head around this fact

Comment

Dear God, you're a selfish ass. Obviously, you're not in the high risk category--or don't think you are.

If you were, I strongly suspect you wouldn't be here saying "oh, I guess I'm going to live as a shut-in for the rest of my life, so I don't inconvenience everyone else. Sucks to be me, I suppose". Instead you'd be demanding that The Public go to any length to mitigate the potential harms to you.

Oregon has had it better than most places, and for that I credit our public officials. It's because of mandatory masks and such that we've not seeing our emergency rooms and ICUs flooded, and corpses being stored in freezer trucks because the morgues are all full. Perhaps you believe that we're special in some way, and that the public health measures were not needed, but that's like saying we don't need to wear seatbelts because we've never been in an accident.

no....
                    if I were at high risk I wouldn't put myself at risk. I sure wouldn't ask anyone else to stay home for me.....

when Grandma Murphy can't swim we don't close the lake so no one can use it. We tell Grandma Murphy that if she wants to go to the lake she will need a life jacket or not go into the water.

Comment

Your thinking and over reaching rationalization is dangerous. Okay, Mr. SMART GUY based on your selfish, me -first, mentality, let's for a moment follow your delusional plan. So, kids who want to play soccer, but have at risk parent's, or Grand Parent's, or siblings are just out of luck. What about coaches, officials? Based on your logic, those "thoughtful" and "caring" individuals should just be left in the dark, right? I mean, I am sure those individuals want and need to play sports as much as your snowflake, but oh well.. too bad, right? The numbers are a joke, and the pandemic is actually a political ploy. The end justifies the means, as long as you get your way. The reality is, that you have not been affected by COVID19, in thanks to a proactive and cautious governor. If COVID19 had entered your life in any way at all, you would feel different. It is not the flu, it does not just affect the overweight and old. Everybody is vulnerable. We are still learning. Remember this, when...not if...this disease affects you or your family.

Comment

no....
                        if I were at high risk I wouldn't put myself at risk. I sure wouldn't ask anyone else to stay home for me.....

when Grandma Murphy can't swim we don't close the lake so no one can use it. We tell Grandma Murphy that if she wants to go to the lake she will need a life jacket or not go into the water.
                        Say it. Stop dancing around it, and say it. You do not give a sh!t about Grandma Murphy, and so why should you or yours be inconvenced by protecting her. How can you live with yourself? How is it, that life is so inconsequential to you that you feel no regard for other's and their well being? Do your kids feel that way about others? Be real now....do you think that they would rather be able to play (or more than likely sit the bench) on some bronze level, glorified rec team if it meant that they were putting somebody they know or care about at risk? I really hope that question is difficult for you to answer, because it should be. Because it is not about you...not even a little. It is about your child and others. Your job is to love them, support them, shut the eff up and pay for them to play. In the end, hopefully...they will be conscientious, thoughtful, decent, mature, accepting and kind adults. I am sorry that was not your experience as a child.

Comment

Your thinking and over reaching rationalization is dangerous. Okay, Mr. SMART GUY based on your selfish, me -first, mentality, let's for a moment follow your delusional plan. So, kids who want to play soccer, but have at risk parent's, or Grand Parent's, or siblings are just out of luck. What about coaches, officials? Based on your logic, those "thoughtful" and "caring" individuals should just be left in the dark, right? I mean, I am sure those individuals want and need to play sports as much as your snowflake, but oh well.. too bad, right? The numbers are a joke, and the pandemic is actually a political ploy. The end justifies the means, as long as you get your way. The reality is, that you have not been affected by COVID19, in thanks to a proactive and cautious governor. If COVID19 had entered your life in any way at all, you would feel different. It is not the flu, it does not just affect the overweight and old. Everybody is vulnerable. We are still learning. Remember this, when...not if...this disease affects you or your family.
                          It's really too bad you have no data and fail to present any that supports your personal opinion. Same as it ever was.

Comment

no....

If it were simply a matter of Grandma Murphy avoiding the lake, that would be one thing.

In this case, Grandma Murphy has to stay home all the time to avoid getting a disease that has a good chance of killing her.

Comment

If it were simply a matter of Grandma Murphy avoiding the lake, that would be one thing.

In this case, Grandma Murphy has to stay home all the time to avoid getting a disease that has a good chance of killing her.
                              Every grandma and grandpa and everyone with an underlying condition, which means more than half the population is at risk. Then when you also consider the children or family members that rely on the higher risk individuals, you’re probably up to 75% at risk. Like the prez said, it’s a very tough deal. Everyone wearing masks and taking precautions would enable us to all stay relatively safe. Add massive testing and tracing and we could keep the virus under control and go back to nearly normal.

Comment

People lined up at Burger King to eat lunch. McDonalds. Taco Bell. Fast food.
                                People eating food out of the heated display at the gas station.
                                People smoking two packs a day.
                                People at the tavern until all hours drink cheap liquor and eating deep fried food.
                                People who choose sedentary lifestyles.
                                People who choose to not exercise.
                                People who use prescription drugs.
                                People who use illegal drugs.
                                People who have to smoke weed just to function in this world.
                                People who overeat bad food.
                                People who choose to not eat healthy food.
                                People who have genetic risks.
                                People who's mom smoked and drank heavily during pregnancy.

We need all healthy people to make sacrifices for those people listed above. Giving up 3-5 years of your life to help keep them safe from covid and influenza is reasonable and just shows that you care.

We need to get used to this because there are more pandemics that will come down the line. We need to be able to shut everything down on a minutes notice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X