Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    that seems terrible! Really? I don't know how much south shore select is-posters are saying between $4300-$4500 but is select refunding any money for not playing this year? how does a club justify whatever their club yearly fee is and not play? Seems like the club is a total mess from afar.
    They will tell you the culture they provide, excellent technical training, and a "pristine" facility that needed to be knocked down 10 years ago.

For years, I have watched them under rent field time, putting games 15-20 min behind schedule, to save $80 on a field rental for an extra half hour. Sometimes scheduling games with -5 or 0 minutes between them. They blame the towns for not being able to get more time but, you can't lie to me about Weymouth because they post the field schedules online and all the times they said that, no one had the fields behind them.

Which just pisses off the Facility, Refs, Visiting Team and Parents, for being late

They don't spend much on outside coach training, they only have 1 A and 1 B licensed coach, the rest are Es or don't have USSF licenses,

The A and B they have they hired them already with the credential, just to get into DA.

They like to drive around in Land Rovers, so they nickel and dime everyone else to be able to do so.

Comment

Actually, the facility needed to be knocked down 25 years ago.

Comment

Seacoast Tournament will be:
        NEFC
        Seacoast
        Bayside
        Juventus
        Stars NH NEP teams

CFC Tournament will be:
        CFC ECNL
        Stars ECNL
        Scorpions ECNL
        Select
        NYSC
        Ginga
        TBD NY & NJ ECNL teams

Yeah, looks about even.
        It seems like seacoast took down the accepted team list but on the boys side Seacoast tournaments competition is much better. Girls side gets the edge to CFC. CFC Boys brackets are really bad

Comment

CFC Accepted Teams List has been posted. ECNL heavy (as expected).

https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...?eventid=80450

Comment

So no Select as either CFC or Seacoast. Seems that rumors of Select not playing any fall tourneys may be true after all?

Comment

So no Select as either CFC or Seacoast. Seems that rumors of Select not playing any fall tourneys may be true after all?
              yes correct no tournaments for select at all. 3/4 games this fall with 19 on rosters of top teams all for over $4000. SIGN ME UP! hahahaha

Comment

Lists may not be final, but so far it seems that way

Comment

Perhaps at Bolts Columbus Day Tournament?

Comment

Perhaps at Bolts Columbus Day Tournament?
                    I doubt it, tournament has been boys heavy the last two years, saw some Aztec NPL teams in last year, Valeo high-level teams, and Bolts ECNL teams,

They do have partnership in place for that MN DPL team, and were going to do companion tournaments last memorial day. Select for the U9 - U12 and Bolts do the showcase.

I will be sad when their affiliate Commonwealth (CFC) is in and they are not. They only pay $1200 a year.

Comment

I doubt it, tournament has been boys heavy the last two years, saw some Aztec NPL teams in last year, Valeo high-level teams, and Bolts ECNL teams,

They do have partnership in place for that MN DPL team, and were going to do companion tournaments last memorial day. Select for the U9 - U12 and Bolts do the showcase.

I will be sad when their affiliate Commonwealth (CFC) is in and they are not. They only pay $1200 a year.
                      I have yet to hear about Columbus Day Bolts tournament. Can’t seem to see their accepted teams either. CFC has a strong girls showing. Seacoast Boys look like they are also strong. Should be a fun weekend for all those who have an opportunity to play in these tournaments

Comment

I always thought the CFC tournament was known as the south shore select tournament. Didnt they win multiple divisions every year and they brought down their entire club? All of a sudden some competition comes to CFC and select bails. Interesting. I bet the select parents are furious that they missed out on a Labor Day tournament and now a Columbus Day tournament. Its actually really kind of sad.

Comment

I always thought the CFC tournament was known as the south shore select tournament. Didnt they win multiple divisions every year and they brought down their entire club? All of a sudden some competition comes to CFC and select bails. Interesting. I bet the select parents are furious that they missed out on a Labor Day tournament and now a Columbus Day tournament. Its actually really kind of sad.
                          Good riddance select nobody at the tournament will miss them. Somehow miraculously the tournament will survive without them. This years field is the strongest overall yet. Looking forward to a hard fought and competitive Columbus Day tournament with lots of strong teams.

Comment

Select is playing. in Bolts. Way too scared to go to Connecticut

Comment

Good riddance select nobody at the tournament will miss them. Somehow miraculously the tournament will survive without them. This years field is the strongest overall yet. Looking forward to a hard fought and competitive Columbus Day tournament with lots of strong teams.
                              There aren't as many events going on this year plus no one wants to travel far, so that has bolstered this event. Would be nice if that continued post covid. The travel has gotten out of hand.

Comment

There's more clubs coming, this is not really accurate team lists.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X