Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If would seem many schools are not going to open their fields. So those guys.

I am thinking many public places are not going to want the liability of possible large groups, people not socially distancing etc.
    Is there really that much liability? I am only saying that because they can just add another waiver on their rental agreements, that its 100% up to the ones renting it to follow all laws/guidance from the state. Then its up to the user to follow the rules, or they are the ones with liability. The fact the governor is allowing this to go forward, should mean they are telling the schools its okay to do this activity.

Comment

Play Grounds Closed

I am not sure this is just a liability thing. When Covid first happened many parks and playgrounds closed as a way to keep people from spreading the pandemic. It would make sense to continue with these closures.

The Gov office hasn't had the best guidance that is for sure. Play soccer just not at a public park near you.

Comment

Fc portland has been playing on westside’s sloppy seconds the past week.
        They must be doing OK I've heard their teams are practicing 4 times a week

Comment

They must be doing OK I've heard their teams are practicing 4 times a week
          I heard they need it.

Comment

Which clubs do not have fields?
            Eastside and Washington Timbers have their own fields

Comment

You failed to mention Wa. Timbers can distance train with only 5 kids at a time in cohorts.

Comment

All the best fields are next to gun ranges - fact!

Comment

Correct, but both are are nicely set up for the current situation

Comment

All the best fields are next to gun ranges - fact!
                    Pew pew

Comment

Look out everyone. Not all clubs are created equal. This is how it is going to work. Clubs with their own fields with play games amongst themselves and those without fields will be left out.

To bad so sad, choose your club wisely.
                      Or choose a better state association that creates fields for their membership.

Many states have 20+ field complexes owned by their USYS governing state association free of charge for member clubs to play tourneys and games. Not us, nope.

We are so well constructed that Providence Park has a fully funded empty upper deck with no fans, funded in part by revenues from our local club member contributions to the oysa PTTL, RTC, ODP & Cups

Only in Oregon

Riot....nope just stay quiet you useless tools, this is Timbers/Thorns County!!!

Comment

Many states have 20+ field complexes owned by their USYS governing state association free of charge for member clubs to play tourneys and games. Not us, nope.

We are so well constructed that Providence Park has a fully funded empty upper deck with no fans, funded in part by revenues from our local club member contributions to the oysa PTTL, RTC, ODP & Cups

Only in Oregon

Riot....nope just stay quiet you useless tools, this is Timbers/Thorns County!!!
                        Where is this in America?

So cal and north Texas (both huge soccer regions) do not

Comment

Where is this in America?

So cal and north Texas (both huge soccer regions) do not
                          Lancaster California

Lancaster Massachusetts

Just two cities with the same name in different states, State Association complexes.

Do some research and you will find out many USYS State Associations supply complexes ranging in size and scope. Hawaii is another. Build your list.

Where is America sentiment is fully understood and noted, not where in America.

Comment

Hold the show Skippy

Only in Oregon

Or choose a club that is financially responsible and a real non profit that invests in the community. The only two clubs in the area with complex's they have built are Eastside Timbers/Thorns and Washington Timbers. Hmm I don't think the Portland Timbers or OYSA have anything to do with this. Might want to check out your clubs finances and see where the money is going in your club.

What I find most interesting about your post is you are looking for someone else, OYSA to build you a field.

Comment

Or choose a club that is financially responsible and a real non profit that invests in the community. The only two clubs in the area with complex's they have built are Eastside Timbers/Thorns and Washington Timbers. Hmm I don't think the Portland Timbers or OYSA have anything to do with this. Might want to check out your clubs finances and see where the money is going in your club.

What I find most interesting about your post is you are looking for someone else, OYSA to build you a field.
                              Salem has their own fields too.

Comment

Highest Paid DOC's

I would guess if you looked at the clubs without their own fields they are the highest paid DOC's.

It looks like Westside, Eastside, Cascade League.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X