Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They both have a 2006 team which are well represented with 2007s. Take your pills.
    Lol “well represented” ? The Red Bull’s have 4 07’s on a 25 man roster and NYCFC a little better with 8. I guess the 21 06’s on the team must be terrible since their playing in their own year group... sheesh! What about the 08’s? Should they be playing up two years? Go back to a site where you can censor the posts, you have no power here.

Comment

Lol “well represented” ? The Red Bull’s have 4 07’s on a 25 man roster and NYCFC a little better with 8. I guess the 21 06’s on the team must be terrible since their playing in their own year group... sheesh! What about the 08’s? Should they be playing up two years? Go back to a site where you can censor the posts, you have no power here.
      You can count and google. Very impressive. Fact is RDS is a moneymaker and no different than your pay to play academies. Nothing you spew can change that.

Comment

Larry you are a complete fool and everyone knows it. So by your rationale now if one's 2008 kid isn't good enough to play up 2 years and/or parents don't want to travel to NJ or LI 4-5 times a week, then they should just "save their money" and stay at local town club? A Westchester/CT kid (RDS North) may not even want to drive to Whippany or ST Johns for the mls academies even at age 12 - these RDS regional teams train locally! So the simple comparison is play for Beachside, WC, FC, NYSC 2007/8 or RDS regional- RDS is clear winner - better training. actually a bit less $, better ratio and just as clear a pathway to local DA at age 12. Your backofthenet site is horrible

Comment

you all can debate it here forever but the ultimately the market will decide - and last year in its very first year they RDS regional teams had massive numbers at try outs even with little marketing, none on various other websites, and rally very little word of mouth. I predict they will give the DA youth teams a good run for their money over the next few years.

Comment

You can count and google. Very impressive. Fact is RDS is a moneymaker and no different than your pay to play academies. Nothing you spew can change that.
            It's sucks when facts disprove your points and get in the way of your agenda huh?

Comment

It's sucks when facts disprove your points and get in the way of your agenda huh?
              There are two separate arguments running in parallel here -- you guys really aren't disagreeing. At least I don't think.

One is arguing that the RDS is not a direct pathway to the Red Bull Academy teams. This is true. The programs are separate and run by different folks, but I'd bet a recommendation from the RDS coaches (who are marvelous, by the way) can't hurt.

One is arguing that if you son is an 07 or 08, the RDS is one of, if not the, best options to play. I believe this is also true. The training is excellent and the team is run very professionally -- something that is not true of most of even the pay-to-play USSDA clubs.

Comment

The RDS regional team coaches are on a development track as well. Just like the players, they have hopes of making it to the Academy. Last years RDS team’s coach is now the coach of the U12 Academy team.

Comment

There are two separate arguments running in parallel here -- you guys really aren't disagreeing. At least I don't think.

One is arguing that the RDS is not a direct pathway to the Red Bull Academy teams. This is true. The programs are separate and run by different folks, but I'd bet a recommendation from the RDS coaches (who are marvelous, by the way) can't hurt.

One is arguing that if you son is an 07 or 08, the RDS is one of, if not the, best options to play. I believe this is also true. The training is excellent and the team is run very professionally -- something that is not true of most of even the pay-to-play USSDA clubs.
                  Finally someone with a brain.

Comment

The RDS regional team coaches are on a development track as well. Just like the players, they have hopes of making it to the Academy. Last years RDS team’s coach is now the coach of the U12 Academy team.
                    Zach is great. Not so sure about the others.

Comment

What exactly makes the training excellent? No one is discussing this and I’m not convinced. Rds used to be a once a week supplementary class which as a supplement was great. Have rigor and structure for 2 hrs/ week or attend one of their rds camps. Or be on one of their tournament squads. Now it’s full time for these players that are so young. At this age I think it is more important that the players experiment without fear and be as creative as possible. For most of these kids they will not end up in the professional circuit. Doesn’t make sense to me that they’re are so many 8, 9, 10 year olds in this system. It’s a moneymaker. The ones that thrive in it are those select few that have had the right conditions prior to joining this program (physical attributes, skill development, etc). Just think this curriculum and setting is not age appropriate...at least for US youth players who need more time to develop and find and harness their creativity. You have to know your kid before doing this, know that you are in it not for bragging rights but for the best option for your child and be honest about his abilities/ limitations. Most kids need more time in a less structured environment...especially in the US. And Im not even touching on the fact that these kids should multi sport up until a certain age. Single sport specific at age 8? Spells injury and burnout especially w the added pressure at such an age. Nycfc doing it better right now w their training centers. Rds put this program in place to generate more income and NO. I’m not LM. Too many kids in this restrictive stressful environment with huge commutes. Rds is HUGE. I don’t think they care about your kid like you or think they do.

Comment

That's a thoughtful, reasoned response. Certainly there are benefits to unstructured play and multiple sports - I can't disagree with that. But this discussion presumes a comparison between RDS Regional Teams and other academy's youth teams and all of those have fairly structured play/training and time commitments. There aren't really a lot of local opportunities for a lot of unstructured play with strong peers. So your points, while somewhat valid, don't really relate to the discussion of whether a 2007/08 is better of on RDS vs say, MO, WC, NYSC, FC, Beachside, PDA, CS etc.

Comment

Question for anyone who has a girl. I see a lot of this pertains to boys, has anyone done the girls COE program held her on Long Island ( at KK).

Comment

What exactly makes the training excellent? No one is discussing this and I’m not convinced. Rds used to be a once a week supplementary class which as a supplement was great. Have rigor and structure for 2 hrs/ week or attend one of their rds camps. Or be on one of their tournament squads. Now it’s full time for these players that are so young. At this age I think it is more important that the players experiment without fear and be as creative as possible. For most of these kids they will not end up in the professional circuit. Doesn’t make sense to me that they’re are so many 8, 9, 10 year olds in this system. It’s a moneymaker. The ones that thrive in it are those select few that have had the right conditions prior to joining this program (physical attributes, skill development, etc). Just think this curriculum and setting is not age appropriate...at least for US youth players who need more time to develop and find and harness their creativity. You have to know your kid before doing this, know that you are in it not for bragging rights but for the best option for your child and be honest about his abilities/ limitations. Most kids need more time in a less structured environment...especially in the US. And Im not even touching on the fact that these kids should multi sport up until a certain age. Single sport specific at age 8? Spells injury and burnout especially w the added pressure at such an age. Nycfc doing it better right now w their training centers. Rds put this program in place to generate more income and NO. I’m not LM. Too many kids in this restrictive stressful environment with huge commutes. Rds is HUGE. I don’t think they care about your kid like you or think they do.
                            You've made a number of assumptions, all to the negative. How do you know they're not allowed freedom? How do you know they're not allowed to play other sports?

We're not making stuff up here -- there was an 05 team last year and, although my child did not play on it, all the feedback I've heard from parents whose kids did was overwhelmingly positive.

The 07 team plays in the EDP league with 6 other teams. Why are you singling out this program?

Comment

You've made a number of assumptions, all to the negative. How do you know they're not allowed freedom? How do you know they're not allowed to play other sports?

We're not making stuff up here -- there was an 05 team last year and, although my child did not play on it, all the feedback I've heard from parents whose kids did was overwhelmingly positive.

The 07 team plays in the EDP league with 6 other teams. Why are you singling out this program?
                              RDS is the best! It is absolutely the best 4k i have ever spent my money on. We are going to PA this weekend to scrimmage. Who else is doing that? The kids love it and I love watching him outsoccer other kids on the pitch.

Comment

Question for anyone who has a girl. I see a lot of this pertains to boys, has anyone done the girls COE program held her on Long Island ( at KK).
                                Yes. It will be half kk kids and the facility is a dump.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X