Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Girls High School Thread

Let's get the predictions going in a dedicated thread.

My playoff seedings in D1:

1. North Kingstown
    2. East Greenwich
    3. Smithfield
    4. LaSalle
    5. South Kingston
    6. Prout
    7. Bayview
    8. Portsmouth

NK?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

1. North Kingstown
    2. East Greenwich
    3. Smithfield
    4. LaSalle
    5. South Kingston
    6. Prout
    7. Bayview
    8. Portsmouth
    North Kingstown 1st? I don't think so. No matter how much talent they have or whom the coach is, the latter will mange to ruin the team. I don't think that the current coach is as bad as their last one but he's no great shakes, either.

Comment

1. North Kingstown
      2. East Greenwich
      3. Smithfield
      4. LaSalle
      5. South Kingston
      6. Prout
      7. Bayview
      8. Portsmouth
      Okay let's guess. Your kid is either LaSalle or smithfield but I am guessing LaSalle. So you post a thread to get dirt kicked up on NK and EG perhaps ?

Comment

Okay let's guess. Your kid is either LaSalle or smithfield but I am guessing LaSalle. So you post a thread to get dirt kicked up on NK and EG perhaps ?
        Actually no - my kids team didn't make the list in D1.

NK has some very impressive talent - play is inconsistent but if you look at the team they a past National pool payer (MD) and a Region 1 ODP pool (SJ). They have some other strong players - they have the talent, they just play erratic.

EG Is packed with a lot of talent at the sophomore/junior level - they may not do as good as predicted but they will be a very strong team for the next three years.

Lasalle has lost anybody who knew how to score - they have speed and talent upfront but no mids with the injury to MS and two skilled but timid mids coming in as freshmen.

Smithfield remains strong with the sisters - both strong FC Stars players - and VC from Bayside a tough finisher. They also have some decent talent at sophomore level with past pool player.

SK will play strong as usual and have one of the leagues most underrated players in EM.

Prout is a wild card with only losing 2 Seniors. If AD upfront comes back from injury at even 80% of her past skills, they could contend for South title based on their size and defense.

Comment

you must not have seen Smithfield's summer league game against a d2 school last night

Comment

you must not have seen Smithfield's summer league game against a d2 school last night
            FYI, summer league means absolutely nothing. It is by no means a predictor of the regular season. Its just a way to get the players to stay in shape, and to look at upcoming talent.

Comment

LaSalle sports in contention for best in country (MaxPreps Cup). Go Rams!
              Check out:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/8vN-leg...xpreps-cup.htm

Comment

FYI, summer league means absolutely nothing. It is by no means a predictor of the regular season. Its just a way to get the players to stay in shape, and to look at upcoming talent.
                Did LaSalle, EWG and Narraganset even play in the summer league last year?

Comment

Did LaSalle, EWG and Narraganset even play in the summer league last year?
                  Lasalle did not, EWG did but Tiverton won the D2 summer league, and d3 does not do summer league so no--Narragansett did not participate last year. Summer league is meant to allow freshman players to get a taste of high school soccer--nothing else.

Comment

1. North Kingstown
                    2. East Greenwich
                    3. Smithfield
                    4. LaSalle
                    5. South Kingston
                    6. Prout
                    7. Bayview
                    8. Portsmouth
                    I would replace Bayview with Mt Hope.

Comment

I would replace Bayview with Mt Hope.
                      Mt Hope never seriously posed a threat in D2 last year, and took a big step by moving up to D1. Brave move, but don't expect them to shine in D1 this year.

Comment

Mt Hope never seriously posed a threat in D2 last year, and took a big step by moving up to D1. Brave move, but don't expect them to shine in D1 this year.
                        Losing in the semi finals by 1 goal? i would say they were a potential candidate for the d2 crown. They'll do well in D1.

Comment

Division 1

Lasalle should win Division 1 crown again.

Comment

Another brilliant move. 2nd in division - lost in the Semi's - And then moved up to DI. Bottom 3rd in DI for sure.

Comment

Lasalle should win Division 1 crown again.
                              Not likely. Although LaSalle does seem to have a plethora of good athletes they will struggle without their superstars. Any team with a dominant midfielder and a top notch finisher will have a good chance of wining the whole thing. Take either piece away and your chances are significantly reduced. LaSalle lost both.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X