Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The thing is robotics, fbla, math team are school sponsored activities. That is why there is a give and take. It is part of the kids educational program. DA is your special interest, and at a public school you don’t get special treatment for participating in your own special extras. Give me a break. And stop with how special your exceptional player is, like it is almost a disability they are so exceptional. Nobody wants to play with your kid who can’t commit to the team, and thinks the s ho should make a special exception for their special talent. Do you hear yourself?
    Tell that to the gymnastics team kid, the elite swimming kid, the Eagle Scout, the study abroad (not always school sponsored), the local theater or music kid, numerous low end of the spectrum special needs activities ran by third parties... I could go on. High school ran programs are not all encompassing, nor realistically could they be, too expensive and schools cater more to the norm. The previous poster suggests that IF an activity is not operated by a high school, ergo the activity deserves no accommodation. Yet schools are different in sizes and funding and offer different (more expansive and more limited) HS programs as a result. This is why schools routinely allow accommodation as needed in the best interests of the kid for a great number of activities be they privately or school ran. Athletics activities should be no different. Just looking for a fair playing field for all activities. And as for the parent that keeps talking about “breaking vs following” the rules, my daughter does not play school soccer nor have we allowed any exceptions. I agree rules, whether you like them or not, need to be followed. However, that does not mean you cannot have ideas and post ideas on how you would like to see them changed. In the case of the DA I support a fixed number of approved “miss” hours for the betterment of kid brain, social needs and body. Or in the case of HS regulations, rules need to be applied to all activities fairly.

Comment

Tell that to the gymnastics team kid, the elite swimming kid, the Eagle Scout, the study abroad (not always school sponsored), the local theater or music kid, numerous low end of the spectrum special needs activities ran by third parties... I could go on. High school ran programs are not all encompassing, nor realistically could they be, too expensive and schools cater more to the norm. The previous poster suggests that IF an activity is not operated by a high school, ergo the activity deserves no accommodation. Yet schools are different in sizes and funding and offer different (more expansive and more limited) HS programs as a result. This is why schools routinely allow accommodation as needed in the best interests of the kid for a great number of activities be they privately or school ran. Athletics activities should be no different. Just looking for a fair playing field for all activities. And as for the parent that keeps talking about “breaking vs following” the rules, my daughter does not play school soccer nor have we allowed any exceptions. I agree rules, whether you like them or not, need to be followed. However, that does not mean you cannot have ideas and post ideas on how you would like to see them changed. In the case of the DA I support a fixed number of approved “miss” hours for the betterment of kid brain, social needs and body. Or in the case of HS regulations, rules need to be applied to all activities fairly.
      Then you need to make accepted "miss hours" for all kids that participate in anything else extra-curricular .... SGA, dance, SAT courses, church activities ..... soccer, especially DA, is not special. You must have never managed anything .... to give one exception means you are opening up a whole can of worms. Does DA allow exceptions for anything? More importantly, HS could care less about better athletes. Don't like it, don't play ..... and, think about the actual intent of the rule .... to prevent kids from being coerced into too much of one thing in a given season. Yes, too much soccer. Sorry, pick and choose, you can not do both, per the rules of BOTH organizations.

Comment

You're like a Trump supporter. Bad behavior and rule breaking is ok unless it happens to you. Then you scream bloody murder. BTW your kid may not lose PT only because the teams stink. Being a starter on a low quality team doesn't make them a "top" player. Good luck at nationals, where you'll see what proper competition looks like
        Well I guess someone could argue you're like a crybaby snowflake democrat that likes to throw tantrums and scream about how bad everyones behavior is but your own. #hypocrite Why would politics even come up in this forum. Clearly you are one of those angry rage filled liberal idiots who can't get over that Trump IS your President. hahahahaha

Comment

Well I guess someone could argue you're like a crybaby snowflake democrat that likes to throw tantrums and scream about how bad everyones behavior is but your own. #hypocrite Why would politics even come up in this forum. Clearly you are one of those angry rage filled liberal idiots who can't get over that Trump IS your President. hahahahaha
          Politics has no business on here and that includes bringing it up again commenting to a previous comment. You are clearly the same Seacoast dad who makes everything so weirdly personal.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about how the DA should be run, it’s run the way it is - a “it is what it is” situation. So you either adhere to their rules and regulations or you find another club/league. It’s pretty simple.

Comment

Politics has no business on here and that includes bringing it up again commenting to a previous comment. You are clearly the same Seacoast dad who makes everything so weirdly personal.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about how the DA should be run, it’s run the way it is - a “it is what it is” situation. So you either adhere to their rules and regulations or you find another club/league. It’s pretty simple.
            Or you break the rules that others are reluctantly following and be shocked when other people think it isn’t fair.

Comment

Not the poster but the reference is pretty relevant - like #45, some DA players think the rules don't apply to them and they can do whatever they want.

Comment

13 pages deep. Can anyone please let me know what they said when the issue was brought directly to them?

Comment

13 pages deep. Can anyone please let me know what they said when the issue was brought directly to them?
                  While I haven't kept up with the issue, the evidence of any action would be if 1) the players stopped playing HS 2) they didn't play for at least a few DA games, presumedly as a punishment.

If neither of those things happened then the answer is clear - the club doesn't care.

Comment

While I haven't kept up with the issue, the evidence of any action would be if 1) the players stopped playing HS 2) they didn't play for at least a few DA games, presumedly as a punishment.

If neither of those things happened then the answer is clear - the club doesn't care.
                    I understand the conjecture, but many (a few? one?) are very clearly upset about this. So, I wanted to see what was said when they actually did someone about it. What was their position when presented to them directly?

Comment

I understand the conjecture, but many (a few? one?) are very clearly upset about this. So, I wanted to see what was said when they actually did someone about it. What was their position when presented to them directly?
                      Do you really think you're going to get a legitimate answer on private conversations on this site? Besides actions speak loider than words. If they stopped playing HS, great. But if they also kept playing with no punishment that's not setting a serious example

Comment

Do you really think you're going to get a legitimate answer on private conversations on this site? Besides actions speak loider than words. If they stopped playing HS, great. But if they also kept playing with no punishment that's not setting a serious example

Yes, I do. This is a seriously troubling issue based on the number of posts about it. Again, at least one person is very upset about it. So upset they should be doing something about it.

Because, as I tell my employees when they come to me with a complaint: what is your solution to the problem? Or, are you just venting? If you are just venting, that's perfectly fine and we all need to let off some steam here and there. But, do so with the knowledge I will forget about this conversation when it's over.

However, if you want change, come to the table with a solution. I may not follow it, but at least you have done your homework.

So, sounds like this is just a venting scenario and nobody really expects any change.

Understood.

Comment

It is clear that both Seacoast and the high schools knew that these girls were playing both and did nothing about it. That is understood. Expecting a player or a player’s family to come up with the solution that everyone follow a rule that is clearly in place is ridiculous.

Comment

It is clear that both Seacoast and the high schools knew that these girls were playing both and did nothing about it. That is understood. Expecting a player or a player’s family to come up with the solution that everyone follow a rule that is clearly in place is ridiculous.
                            So, what are you going to do about it?

Comment

So, what are you going to do about it?
                              Not the OP. It's difficult to say what I would do if were in the actual situation but if I were, at the very least I would tell soccer community people about it. Some people will care some will not, but the ones that do care will have that in the back of their minds when considering SUSC. The big short sighted loser in all of this is SUSC, who will never know how many kids they are losing because they seem to condone cheating and having special rules for certain players. It's not like kids are beating down the door to play DA at SUSC either.

Comment

Not the OP. It's difficult to say what I would do if were in the actual situation but if I were, at the very least I would tell soccer community people about it. Some people will care some will not, but the ones that do care will have that in the back of their minds when considering SUSC. The big short sighted loser in all of this is SUSC, who will never know how many kids they are losing because they seem to condone cheating and having special rules for certain players. It's not like kids are beating down the door to play DA at SUSC either.
                                Sad truth, but that is where we are today.

Much easier and less scary if you have something to say about something or someone, just throw it out there. Don't confront the actual thing you have a problem with, Tweet it instead.

Anybody making a decision based on an anonymous message board is an idiot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X