Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing both HS and DA

I read a bit on the other thread and I see that the private school striker is still playing both. She’s in the paper for scoring in playoff game yesterday and over the weekend listed as playing in a Seacoast DA game. So not fair. Not fair to the other DA players who gave up playing HS and she should be thrown off her DA team for breaking the rules.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I read a bit on the other thread and I see that the private school striker is still playing both. She’s in the paper for scoring in playoff game yesterday and over the weekend listed as playing in a Seacoast DA game. So not fair. Not fair to the other DA players who gave up playing HS and she should be thrown off her DA team for breaking the rules.
    OK.

When you brought it to them, what did they say?

Comment

OK.

When you brought it to them, what did they say?
      I haven’t but I know several coaches in that division who are contacting NHIAA and US Soccer this week. We will see what they say.

Comment

Where is the passion? I'm not feeling how pissed off this makes you. You seriously lack the same perspective as angry Exeter Dad.

Comment

I haven’t but I know several coaches in that division who are contacting NHIAA and US Soccer this week. We will see what they say.
          Why would nhiaa care? We already know dap doesn’t care.

Comment

Get off my lawn!!!!

Comment

Why would nhiaa care? We already know dap doesn’t care.
              NHIAA forbids skipping anything for another team. I’m sure US Soccer cares - nobody has really gone to them and presented the facts. It’s easy to prove when names are in the newspaper.

Comment

NHIAA forbids skipping anything for another team. I’m sure US Soccer cares - nobody has really gone to them and presented the facts. It’s easy to prove when names are in the newspaper.
                Did anyone miss a school activity? I assume you slapped a GPS tracker on their vehicle and have their routes as proof. You can also contact US Soccer and report it it you want, Columbo.

Also, when you are done, there's a guy in a blue Mustang that speeds down my road. Can I send you after him?

Comment

As much as I agree with the people against this cheating did we really need another thread on this?

Comment

Part of the reason for the rule is avoidance of an overuse injury and the other part is that it is impossible to attend high school practices and games five times a week while attending four DA practices a week. There is no way a player can do both and not miss some of each. I would bet there have been some fake illnesses and injuries to cover missing practices. The only question is whether or not the coaches are complicit with the deception. Either way those teams should be barred from the playoffs. As said before, there is an easy way around the rule. Join DA after high school is over. Playing both at the same time is sticking your middle finger up to everyone who follows the rules.

Comment

Did anyone miss a school activity? I assume you slapped a GPS tracker on their vehicle and have their routes as proof. You can also contact US Soccer and report it it you want, Columbo.

Also, when you are done, there's a guy in a blue Mustang that speeds down my road. Can I send you after him?
                      It's not that it's a HS rule violation but a USSF rule violation (and in some states it would be a HS rule violation). If you don't see a problem with kids breaking the rules then you are part of the problem. The adults - parents, coaches, clubs and USSF - who ignore it are doing kids a disservice by looking the other way. A struggling organization that's trying to establish itself should care more about credibility.

Comment

It's not that it's a HS rule violation but a USSF rule violation (and in some states it would be a HS rule violation). If you don't see a problem with kids breaking the rules then you are part of the problem. The adults - parents, coaches, clubs and USSF - who ignore it are doing kids a disservice by looking the other way. A struggling organization that's trying to establish itself should care more about credibility.
                        I will only control what my family does. And, we are not doing both and my daughter is actually pissed at those players who are not being honest about it.

But, I keep my nose in my business and politely nod to those around me. Frankly if I took it upon myself to cure all the ills of the world that don't affect me I'd need 80-hours in a day and I'd be dead inside a month.

Comment

I will only control what my family does. And, we are not doing both and my daughter is actually pissed at those players who are not being honest about it.

But, I keep my nose in my business and politely nod to those around me. Frankly if I took it upon myself to cure all the ills of the world that don't affect me I'd need 80-hours in a day and I'd be dead inside a month.
                          She should be pissed. Any player following the rules should be.

Comment

She should be pissed. Any player following the rules should be.
                            So, she goes about her business and plays the game. We do the same.

There is no scouring of papers and game reports and watching with binoculars from the bushes and anonymous calls to the 1-800-DAFRAUD hotline....

Comment

Start your own league and you can make whatever rules you want.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X