Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Baystate: Wellesley and Natick remaining.
    Umm... this is awkward. Natick lost to BC High yesterday.

Comment

Umm... this is awkward. Natick lost to BC High yesterday.
      LOL. Bay State is so overrated. Legends in their own minds.

Comment

LOL. Bay State is so overrated. Legends in their own minds.
        You are really dumb.

Comment

AB 4 Medford 0. Wow
          No one from Acton's going to be complaining very much about playing LS at Sudbury versus at Danvers. Not even LS's usual home field, although they have played there a couple times.

Comment

Baystate: Wellesley and Natick remaining.
            X out Natick and replace them with Walpole, at least until tonight's games are played.

Comment

The MIAA is pathetic, changing the SJP/EB semi-final to the Manning Bowl BUT KEEPING the LS/AB semi-final at LS. Yes, the games SHOULD be played at a neautral field, but this is a bit absurd. They refuse to switch SJP’s game last year and now take away their home game while allowing LS to keep it. Is anyone else seriously questioning the MIAA here? Not only that, but what’s becoming a fairly clear bias against SJP? I’m not saying SJP SHOULD have had home field advantage this round, but it’s completely unfair to award one team (LS) a home game, and change the location of the other game. East Boston should be just as frustrated knowing that the higher seed on the opposite of the bracket has home field advantage and they don’t. Let me guess, the MIAA will also be shipping in refs from East Boston for this match who’ll make a phantom PK call in the last 10 minutes of the game? Shame on the MIAA, start acting like professionals and not completely incompetent adults.

Comment

It’s the same in central mass. #1 Wachusett v #4 Leominster at MIAA neutral site Leominster and #2 Marlborough v #6 Tantasqua at MIAA neutral site Marlborough. It’s pathetic they can’t somehow switch the games to the opposite sites

Comment

Agree!

Watching MIAA brackets to see if LS location gets switched. If not, what a joke. Completely unfair and biased! Go SJP Eagles!!

Comment

It's the correct call not to play the SJP/EB game at SJP. That way the result cannot be questioned as being unfair based on location. At the same time, the other games mentioned should all be switched to a neutral site as well for the same reason.

The MIAA and their Board of Directors (which includes SJP by the way) need to get out in front of this and fix the problem once and for all. Home field for the first two rounds makes sense (and provides incentive to get seeded as high as possible), but from there on, they should look for a neutral field for all games. This is in the best interest of MIAA and the teams involved.

Comment

And when SJP beats EB, no one can claim it was due to home filed advantage.

Comment

Perhaps SJP Admin asked to have the game moved to a neutral field. After all the controversy from last year, it would be a bit hypocritical to then take home field this year.

Comment

medway

medays game in the semi finals assuming they win tonight should be moved! Why does Medway get 3 home games? The MIAA is dumb!!!!

Comment

It’s the same in central mass. #1 Wachusett v #4 Leominster at MIAA neutral site Leominster and #2 Marlborough v #6 Tantasqua at MIAA neutral site Marlborough. It’s pathetic they can’t somehow switch the games to the opposite sites
                            Weren't the Tantasqua racists getting kicked out of the playoffs?

Comment

Perhaps SJP Admin asked to have the game moved to a neutral field. After all the controversy from last year, it would be a bit hypocritical to then take home field this year.
                              Kind of strange though. I just don’t understand how they can switch this year’s game after making a point to not switch the Brockton game last year. I agree that SJP should not be playing at home this round. I guess my question is, isn’t it odd how the MIAA has dealt with the situation? They refused to change the match location last year in a STATE SEMI-FINAL game and made a big deal about how it was a “pre-determined site”, but now this year those “pre-determined sites” suddenly aren’t permanent. And it occurs right when SJP finds itself the beneficiary. And I understand that SJP has a member on the board of directors...but that’s 1/22. The MIAA is putting itself in a situation where it’s now repeatedly messed with SJP and has repeatedly proven itself incapable of providing true neautral sites for ALL teams. It’s not being fair to its athletes. Plain. And. Simple.

Comment

Weren't the Tantasqua racists getting kicked out of the playoffs?
                                I think they only got punished with one game out at the end of regular season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X