Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well apparently these knowledgeable high level youth coaches are struggling to properly evaluate talent. What a scam. They have no business putting some of the kids that show up on these so called high level teams.

Or should I say that is the business. Selling a load of crap to kids and families for top dollar.
    yes, that is the business. It's up to parents to weed through that crap and have a bit of reality. Everyone is trying to sell you something.

Not defending coaches feeding you lines; they are trying to get revenue. But, take a look around and take a sip of reality.

Caveat emptor. Heck, even Bobby Brady learned that one.

Comment

yes, that is the business. It's up to parents to weed through that crap and have a bit of reality. Everyone is trying to sell you something.

Not defending coaches feeding you lines; they are trying to get revenue. But, take a look around and take a sip of reality.

Caveat emptor. Heck, even Bobby Brady learned that one.
      Stop rationalizing your scamming of kids families. It's a lousy thing to do.

Comment

Boys soccer is a GLOBAL pyramid where the only real currency is talent. Parents posting about their son here would be readily identifiable if the kid was really good. Wiht the lower scholarship numbers 9 vs 14 and the influx of foreign players, there is not much to say !

As stated above, Girls soccer is a series of regional pyramids where the currency is parents money. Many of the parents are not fluent in the language of soccer and are easy prey. They want to be told how good their kids is. They want to believe the D1 $$$ dream. There will always be far more posts about girls than boys.

Comment

Stop rationalizing your scamming of kids families. It's a lousy thing to do.
          I'm not rationalizing. I'm a parent just like you. I'm not stupid enough to buy everything being told.

I had a scouting organization telling me that my D1 schools would be drooling over her. High-level league (one of the "two", leave it at that), good size, excellent student. Dropping the "brilliants" and blah blah blah. He never saw her play....

People need to stop blaming everyone else for getting suckered. Get a clue and protect yourselves. There really isn't a Nigerian prince trying to give you money, but people will always make you think so.

Comment

I'm not rationalizing. I'm a parent just like you. I'm not stupid enough to buy everything being told.

I had a scouting organization telling me that my D1 schools would be drooling over her. High-level league (one of the "two", leave it at that), good size, excellent student. Dropping the "brilliants" and blah blah blah. He never saw her play....

People need to stop blaming everyone else for getting suckered. Get a clue and protect yourselves. There really isn't a Nigerian prince trying to give you money, but people will always make you think so.
            Absolutely and the "Nigerian prince a" and the phony "scouting organizations" are con artists and should be called out as such.

Comment

So true! Lots of fools getting conned out there, no sense of reality...no appreciation for what it truly takes in terms of talent, physical and mental ability. Just falling for empty promises that others are making $$$$ of. Buyer be ware....

Comment

Not just ECNL. Also the GDA clubs over promise and under deliver, and your kid doesn't get to play as much in games. Same story as STA, CSA and SJEB. Going back to my daughters EDP team where she belongs. She is not a National team level player like I was told. Silly me. They were convincing though
                You named 3 DA clubs. I know for fact one of the clubs mentioned practices 3 or 4 times a week and does speed and agility 10 of 12 months every week. So help us out and tell which club you are keaving.

Comment

Not surprising. I’ve also noticed DA players trying out for EDP clubs recently. I’m assuming it’s the HS issue but not sure.

Comment

Not surprising. I’ve also noticed DA players trying out for EDP clubs recently. I’m assuming it’s the HS issue but not sure.
                    Are there any GDA clubs that don’t have EDP team? Can you name one?

Comment

Correct leaving to other EDP clubs though.

Comment

Absolutely, people are starting to realize with the HS limitation and the over promise under deliver DA is not all it’s cracked up to be. Perhaps ok for some who are in a crappy HS situation but that’s about it.

Comment

Absolutely, people are starting to realize with the HS limitation and the over promise under deliver DA is not all it’s cracked up to be. Perhaps ok for some who are in a crappy HS situation but that’s about it.
                          I also know quite a few who are perfectly happy with DA who are giving up ideal HS situations and starting spots on ECNL teams. To each his own. I just hope the kids are making the decisions and not mom or dad.

Comment

I’m sure. Not a good sign that DA starters are leaving for other EDP clubs though. Something is not right there.

Comment

4 times a week with real training is starting to show who really has what it takes at that level. Nothing wrong with kids finding their place to enjoy the game.

Comment

Yea I think its the club though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X