Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't worry, if you have to exercise at all there will be an all-you-can-eat donut tent set up onsite so you can fuel up after the game and maintain your body shape.
    Or if your match is at Buckman Field, you have voodoo next door. Watch out for needles...

Comment

An apple fritter a day keeps the doctor away.
      In fact, I think it might be the opposite. AF a day and you will probably be seeing a doctor soon.

Comment

Ref Abuse at Mt. Hood Challenge

I witnessed a team's coach screaming at a teenage girl ref who ended up in tears. Keep in mind I was on an adjacent field and still saw this go down. Took a pic and reported to the coaches club with specifics, I would suggest doing the same. Can't guarantee the club will do anything, but that is deplorable and set a very dangerous example for all that coaches players.

Comment

I witnessed a team's coach screaming at a teenage girl ref who ended up in tears. Keep in mind I was on an adjacent field and still saw this go down. Took a pic and reported to the coaches club with specifics, I would suggest doing the same. Can't guarantee the club will do anything, but that is deplorable and set a very dangerous example for all that coaches players.
          Good for you! Would love to know the club if you are OK sharing.

Good questions about what the response will be, seems like clubs are a huge part of the problem and OYSA is by themselves holding these bad coaches accountable. You have coaches and DOC's that think it's OK for "coaches to be heard" as if they have some kind of right to interrupt the game to get an explanation, or shout across the field, arguing if this is or isn't a foul.

Some clubs actually think its OK to approach referees after games and critique them and tell them how bad they are as a referee. Yes, actual coaches, DOC's and Board Members that think this is appropriate and OK. They excuse their own behavior and failure to stand up for what is right. T

The coach him/herself didn't create the culture and cannot exist unless it's condoned!

They're are only 2 times you have an expectation to be heard and the 2nd is debatable.

First one is when you fill out your referee critique form.

2nd is if the referee is incorrectly managing the game...something egregious like awarding a penalty kick for a purposeful pass-back. Even then I suggest working with the opposing coach to work this out.

I'm a coach and have a lot of players that are now referees. This weekend Fall TTL starts. I always enjoy keeping track of the red card list.

Comment

What club?

Comment

Wait, I have to get out of my chair?
              It's not necessary for you to be anywhere near the actual play to have an opinion on whether it was "offsides", a "handball", or "blue's throw" don't you know the parental ability to see all

Comment

Did you ever consider that maybe she blew a call that gave the other team an unfair free kick or throw? Parents and coaches have to stay on top of these referees and rip them to shreds every time they make a bad call. If coaches/parents go soft, then the referees will just continue to make bad calls with no consequence. Parents have a great view of most plays and should be consulted throughout the match. If a parent or coach is especially hot after a call or no call, then that signals to the referee that they should stop play and confer with the parent or coach, and very likely change the call.

Comment

Did you ever consider that maybe she blew a call that gave the other team an unfair free kick or throw? Parents and coaches have to stay on top of these referees and rip them to shreds every time they make a bad call. If coaches/parents go soft, then the referees will just continue to make bad calls with no consequence. Parents have a great view of most plays and should be consulted throughout the match. If a parent or coach is especially hot after a call or no call, then that signals to the referee that they should stop play and confer with the parent or coach, and very likely change the call.
                  This is very insightful.

Comment

This is pretty funny, but sadly there are some folks who actually dot his crap. Hell there was a coach who took it one step further and got himself a 26 game suspension for assaulting a ref ... at a U13 girls game no less

Comment

Clubs & schools really need to take a stand and make any comments to the referees off limits. Start ejecting parents and suspending coaches.

I know it would make watching games a lot more fun if you don't have some hot head moron coach acting like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X