Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gold standard in recruitment? *** does that mean? If i take a bunch of a, b and c recruits and get them a,b and c commits, is that gold standard?
    What it means is that they have 51 commits which is more than Matchfit and world class put together.

That is pretty good.

if i look at PDA commits compared to the number of players playing at this age group for their entire club- it doesn't look that impressive...............until I compare it to everyone else.

That is what I mean by gold standard

Comment

What it means is that they have 51 commits which is more than Matchfit and world class put together.

That is pretty good.

if i look at PDA commits compared to the number of players playing at this age group for their entire club- it doesn't loo k that impressive...............until I compare it to everyone else.

Its a terrible analysis. To do a real one you would have to look at what the players were when they arrived and what the reach, par and fallback were. No one ever does this. Sheer volume is not impressive.

Gold standard would be consistently improving kids from b to a or c to b. Taking a kid who is already committed to XYZ State, winning games with her and then taking credit is not gold standard.

Comment

Its a terrible analysis. To do a real one you would have to look at what the players were when they arrived and what the reach, par and fallback were. No one ever does this. Sheer volume is not impressive.

Gold standard would be consistently improving kids from b to a or c to b. Taking a kid who is already committed to XYZ State, winning games with her and then taking credit is not gold standard.
        I get what you are saying - but to me it seems most kids are playing ECNL because they want to play D1, most parents are willing to pay the money for ECNL because they feel it will offer them a return in the form of a D1 scholarship. Now, a smart consumer takes their kid to a club that offers them the best possibility to fulfill the D1 dream and the financial benefits that comes along with that in the form of a scholarship.

I don’t think it really matters how good/bad the training and development at PDA is - bottom line many of their kids get scholarships to D1 schools, and if that is the goal why wouldn’t you have your kid play at the place that maximizes your kids chances? None of the other stuff really matters if your kid gets the coveted D1 scholarship. And I’m saying all of this just as an observer - I don’t have a kid at PDA - it’s not geographically possible, but let me tell you I wouldn’t hesitate to have my kids tryout and hope they would make the team, as it would be their best chance for a D1 scholarship. It is what it is!

Comment

No matter how imperfect, You have what you have to compare to all clubs. The comparison is consistent across all platforms-and until something comes along that's better we'll have to stick to the imperfect simplicity of published commitments

Comment

That is pretty good.

if i look at PDA commits compared to the number of players playing at this age group for their entire club- it doesn't look that impressive...............until I compare it to everyone else.

world class just posted that they have 57 commits on FB.

when you add 4 commits from MF it seems that its a better number than PDA by 20%

Comment

when you add 4 commits from MF it seems that its a better number than PDA by 20%
              Right - PDA can boast total numbers but they also have 2-3x the number of teams/players.

WC and Match Fit as an aggregated group are still a smaller number of total players than PDA.

Comment

So does that mean Matchfit had minus-8?

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/worl...ollege-soccer/

Comment

PDA has multiple girls going to Univ of Florida, South Carolina, Rutgers and Duke. WC has a bunch of D1 schools that any other club not in ECNL has girls going to.

Comment

So does that mean Matchfit had minus-8?

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/worl...ollege-soccer/
                    ineteresting marketing by Worldclass

You do understand the difference between signed commitment letters(money to play soccer) and "moving on" to playing D3 soccer right . Big difference

You are comparing apples to oranges. Worldclass seems to be including a lot of non committed players.(did not need to sign a letter of intent- no money involved ) Nice marketing though. PDA seems to be signed commitments only..

I would venture to guess that PDA has a number girls who did not sign commitment letters that will be "moving on to Play college soccer. i would love to see worlds commitment roster for 2020

Comment

You do understand the difference between signed commitment letters(money to play soccer) and "moving on" to playing D3 soccer right . Big difference

You are comparing apples to oranges. Worldclass seems to be including a lot of non committed players.(did not need to sign a letter of intent- no money involved ) Nice marketing though. PDA seems to be signed commitments only..

I would venture to guess that PDA has a number girls who did not sign commitment letters that will be "moving on to Play college soccer. i would love to see worlds commitment roster for 2020
                      So they do list their commitments- worldclass has 21 vs PDA 51. worlds headlines are a bit of an okie dok for parents that do not read the fine print

Comment

So they do list their commitments- worldclass has 21 vs PDA 51. worlds headlines are a bit of an okie dok for parents that do not read the fine print
                        Yep! Gotta love the kids and parents that brag they are “committed” to a D3 school!! No such thing as a national letter of intent to play D3! ZERO ATHLETIC MONEY AT D3 schools ZERO, LMAO!

Comment

PDA included many D3 commitments on their list...NYU, Stevens, TCNJ, Muhlenburg, RPI, etc.

Comment

Yep! Gotta love the kids and parents that brag they are “committed” to a D3 school!! No such thing as a national letter of intent to play D3! ZERO ATHLETIC MONEY AT D3 schools ZERO, LMAO!

I’m sure some people may not like this comment but I never understood the grand high school celebration commitment/letter of intent day for kids going to play at a D3 schools. It just feels like a little bit of the every one gets a trophy culture. And I’m not talking about a group 2 HS, I’m talking big group 4 HS.

Tommy is going to play baseball at some obscure D3 school in Arkansas that no one has ever heard of, let’s celebrate vs the kid who’s going to Clemson on a full D1 ride.

Just feels weird.

Comment

I’m sure some people may not like this comment but I never understood the grand high school celebration commitment/letter of intent day for kids going to play at a D3 schools. It just feels like a little bit of the every one gets a trophy culture. And I’m not talking about a group 2 HS, I’m talking big group 4 HS.

Tommy is going to play baseball at some obscure D3 school in Arkansas that no one has ever heard of, let’s celebrate vs the kid who’s going to Clemson on a full D1 ride.

Just feels weird.
                              I agree with you feel the same way. Hope I’m not insulting anyone but I see these celebrations of commitments to Kean, NJCU, Caldwell etc....let’s celebrate the kids going to Rutgers as that is a top level program!

Comment

Just feels weird.
                                100% agree!

Some (not all) of the D3 schools will let anyone with a pulse play - they often times have trouble filling their rosters. No need for your kid to play ECNL to be able to play at many of the D3 schools.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X