Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Girls ECNL at FC Bucks or FC Delco worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmon FC Ducks is a nice combo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You can't cancel ECNLRL games. The roster numbers are very low for the ECNLRL teams, so it is difficult to move players around. All the teams have low roster numbers outside of the 01/02 teams, which have enough to move players between the teams, however you can't move older players down to help. The low roster numbers are consistent with all the teams. Players get hurt, especially coming off the high school season. If your roster only has 12 to 17 players heading into the season, you are big trouble. Maybe they figure out a way to get the games played, but this is stress isn't good for the teams and players. The ECNL expects you play the games on your schedule, and if can't, you must leave the league.
      I happen to think the majority of information on this site is junk, but I remembered this post, and wanted to come back to it and reply that it was absolutely true that Delco wouldn’t have enough girls to support quality teams. I was totally surprised when I saw it this weekend. The FC Delco ECNLRL teams struggled. This is a huge financial commitment and these teams are in way over their heads.

Comment

I happen to think the majority of information on this site is junk, but I remembered this post, and wanted to come back to it and reply that it was absolutely true that Delco wouldn’t have enough girls to support quality teams. I was totally surprised when I saw it this weekend. The FC Delco ECNLRL teams struggled. This is a huge financial commitment and these teams are in way over their heads.
        Fc bucks 06 girls ecnl team is limping along week to week also. Roster is at 15. With injuries and sickness they are forced to move players around and take players from the lower team. It’s almost certain a few girls will move on after this year. And no one seems to want to play for a team with a dad coach at this level. They are either going to have to dig real deep next year and take several players from the ecnl-r team or fold.

Comment

Fc bucks 06 girls ecnl team is limping along week to week also. Roster is at 15. With injuries and sickness they are forced to move players around and take players from the lower team. It’s almost certain a few girls will move on after this year. And no one seems to want to play for a team with a dad coach at this level. They are either going to have to dig real deep next year and take several players from the ecnl-r team or fold.

I call BS. There are at least 5 2005 kids who could have played before pulling from a younger team.

Comment

I call BS. There are at least 5 2005 kids who could have played before pulling from a younger team.
            Lower team = ecnl-r not a younger age group.

Comment

Not sure about the Delco ECNL RL teams , but the 2006 ecnl team is definitely on the upswing. They have a great new coach in CE, they practice three times a week at beautiful facilities. They have attracted and added a ton of new talent since last year. They came out and tied but really should have won against a talented 2006 bucks team. I would not count delco out - they really seem to be trying to right the ship. I think the 2006 ecnl delco team will surprise a lot of teams this year.

At this point if I had a talented 2006 daughter I would take her to delco over bucks. Delco has an A licensed coach with a proven track record in CE, Bucks has a dad. Delco has great facilities, practices three times a week and has a speed and agility program, at bucks you get a slice of turf, practice 1.5 times per week and have no speed and agility. The choice seems to be pretty easy.

Comment

Not sure about the Delco ECNL RL teams , but the 2006 ecnl team is definitely on the upswing. They have a great new coach in CE, they practice three times a week at beautiful facilities. They have attracted and added a ton of new talent since last year. They came out and tied but really should have won against a talented 2006 bucks team. I would not count delco out - they really seem to be trying to right the ship. I think the 2006 ecnl delco team will surprise a lot of teams this year.

At this point if I had a talented 2006 daughter I would take her to delco over bucks. Delco has an A licensed coach with a proven track record in CE, Bucks has a dad. Delco has great facilities, practices three times a week and has a speed and agility program, at bucks you get a slice of turf, practice 1.5 times per week and have no speed and agility. The choice seems to be pretty easy.
                If you have a talented daughter skip Bucks and Delco and go to SJEB or PDA. Five years ago we would have said either club was a fine choice, but not anymore. It is clear that PDA ECNL and SJEB were the best options if you live in the Philadelphia area. Great pep talk about Delco, but the club won't even have girls soccer in two years, maybe your 2006 team will still be around, but it takes a club to be in the ECNL, so good luck with that. You also better keep an eye on those Delco ECNL RL teams, because if they fold, so goes ECNL, all in or all out. The future is with SJEB, and for us, we are in a school district with bad high school soccer, so GDA works best. PDA ECNL is the next best option until FC Bucks ECNL gets their act together. I am willing to bet that will start happening soon, or else SJEB and PDA are going to have many more kids from Bucks County!

Comment

If you have a talented daughter skip Bucks and Delco and go to SJEB or PDA. Five years ago we would have said either club was a fine choice, but not anymore. It is clear that PDA ECNL and SJEB were the best options if you live in the Philadelphia area. Great pep talk about Delco, but the club won't even have girls soccer in two years, maybe your 2006 team will still be around, but it takes a club to be in the ECNL, so good luck with that. You also better keep an eye on those Delco ECNL RL teams, because if they fold, so goes ECNL, all in or all out. The future is with SJEB, and for us, we are in a school district with bad high school soccer, so GDA works best. PDA ECNL is the next best option until FC Bucks ECNL gets their act together. I am willing to bet that will start happening soon, or else SJEB and PDA are going to have many more kids from Bucks County!
                  Great points. But if someone doesn’t want to go to jersey, as of now 2006 delco is looking like the better choice over bucks. You for sure will be getting more for your money. Great facilities, more practices and professional coaching.

Bucks does not have the leadership they need to get their act together. Seriously what kind of leaders allow non professional parent coaches at the ECNL level. Very short sighted. When word gets around in the local soccer community that you are paying for a professional and getting a parent, It’s going to be pretty tough to attract new talent. Once checks are being written for professional coaching no parent should be allowed on the sidelines.

Comment

Great points. But if someone doesn’t want to go to jersey, as of now 2006 delco is looking like the better choice over bucks. You for sure will be getting more for your money. Great facilities, more practices and professional coaching.

Bucks does not have the leadership they need to get their act together. Seriously what kind of leaders allow non professional parent coaches at the ECNL level. Very short sighted. When word gets around in the local soccer community that you are paying for a professional and getting a parent, It’s going to be pretty tough to attract new talent. Once checks are being written for professional coaching no parent should be allowed on the sidelines.
                    You aint kidding missy . . . with the amount of time we spend in the car driving to Bucks, when it gets close between these two clubs, there is no question Delco starts to look more attractive.

Comment

You aint kidding missy . . . with the amount of time we spend in the car driving to Bucks, when it gets close between these two clubs, there is no question Delco starts to look more attractive.
                      Problem with that....Delco won't even have a girls club soon.

Comment

Problem with that....Delco won't even have a girls club soon.
                        I know. We saw the writing on the wall and bailed on delco after last season.

Comment

I know. We saw the writing on the wall and bailed on delco after last season.
                          No you didn’t. You just another FC Bucks parent posing as someone else trying to deflect from your own club/team issues. 90% of all posts on all PA threads are the same 3 pathetically desperate FC Bucks 06 Girls ECNL parents (one of whom is the dad coach) who day in and day out try to hide or deflect from the sad truth about their kids team.

Comment

No you didn’t. You just another FC Bucks parent posing as someone else trying to deflect from your own club/team issues. 90% of all posts on all PA threads are the same 3 pathetically desperate FC Bucks 06 Girls ECNL parents (one of whom is the dad coach) who day in and day out try to hide or deflect from the sad truth about their kids team.
                            You are obsessed with bucks. Sorry to disappoint you but I am not a bucks parent.

Comment

Way to pass the buck!

Comment

There is one issue with this post. Penn Fusion might be (is probably) better than PDA and SJEB at the 06 age group.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X