Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What's your point. At college and at the national level, size and speed are important. Technical play can be taught and, really, if you lose in athleticism, you won't get or be keeping the ball anyway.
    simple stuff really. if you haven't spent time with the ball, many hours of craft then you will never pick it up. You just don't pick up technical skill at 17. You underestimate the work it takes to build touch.

Comment

for all the supposed speed and technicality, ECNL girls generally get completely lost on the field for HS soccer.
      And yet ECNL players dominate the all state selections. Hmmm.

Comment

Funny story. You know this guy was probably an fsa state team dad buy a 5th before having to sit through his daughters practice

https://nypost.com/2018/08/13/bear-w...-liquor-store/

Comment

Funny story. You know this guy was probably an fsa state team dad buy a 5th before having to sit through his daughters practice

https://nypost.com/2018/08/13/bear-w...-liquor-store/
          Practice has not started yet

Comment

simple stuff really. if you haven't spent time with the ball, many hours of craft then you will never pick it up. You just don't pick up technical skill at 17. You underestimate the work it takes to build touch.
            Agreed. Ignore the troll that keeps posting contrarian opinions every few posts just to stir the pot.

Comment

Not the troll, but there’s something to what s/he says. While touch takes years to develop, it can develop. Speed and athleticism can’t. Either a kid has it, or doesn’t.

Comment

Not the troll, but there’s something to what s/he says. While touch takes years to develop, it can develop. Speed and athleticism can’t. Either a kid has it, or doesn’t.
                Wrong here too. The best players are often those that are technical without athleticism THEN they get it. Happens all the time. Kid that gets knocked off the ball suddenly comes out of summer as a monster... AND they have touch. Those are the players that go play d1.

Comment

More often than not touch isn't going to develop suddenly in high school by a kid whose best soccer attribute prior to that was kicking it far and long or ran down the field fast.

Comment

All state selections? That has to be the lamest thing I've ever heard. Do you actually think making all state means anything? I know all americans who couldn't make a college team nevermind all state! Oh my god do you need help.

Comment

All state selections? That has to be the lamest thing I've ever heard. Do you actually think making all state means anything? I know all americans who couldn't make a college team nevermind all state! Oh my god do you need help.
                      #jealousmuch

So sorry your lil Mia wasn't All State. You see her as all everything and that's why she can only make FSA teams (take a pick ECNL, NPL and State), they're all relatively close but just enjoy the ride. It's almost over and you're missing the game trying to think she is all THAT.

Comment

Fun fact: The kid that got All State was the kid that college picked over your kid.

You're an idiot. Go away.

Comment

what an absurd statement. I know, the coach had it in for your kid right, that's why she didn't get nominated for all state?

Comment

In all honesty FSA actually had a few good coaches assigned to their state teams last year, I had one Daughter on a FSA State team more so for consistency than anything else, regular practices and games but also as I have a younger daughter playing NPL at FSA. I actually thought the State team coach was better than the NPL coach.

Comment

In all honesty FSA actually had a few good coaches assigned to their state teams last year, I had one Daughter on a FSA State team more so for consistency than anything else, regular practices and games but also as I have a younger daughter playing NPL at FSA. I actually thought the State team coach was better than the NPL coach.
                              That's easy. NPL coaches have ECNL obligations. All the State team coach has to do is show up, because the NPL coach isn't going to. And, yeah, I'm an NPL parent.

Comment

I was in the same boat and agree 100%. FSA has some very good state team coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X