Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain to me what is pre season or early season

I have never heard of this before, not from here obviously. This is practice or games I assume both. Is this a league before another league starts in September ? Does the league start September go right through to May with a Xmas break? Thanks for help

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have never heard of this before, not from here obviously. This is practice or games I assume both. Is this a league before another league starts in September ? Does the league start September go right through to May with a Xmas break? Thanks for help
    depends on your location. pre-season usually indicated before your regular league games start. that includes practices, scrimmages, and some tournaments even. Most fall leagues start after Labor day and end before Thanksgiving.

Comment

depends on your location. pre-season usually indicated before your regular league games start. that includes practices, scrimmages, and some tournaments even. Most fall leagues start after Labor day and end before Thanksgiving.
      And fall and spring leagues may last 12 weekends to play 10 games home and away and some make up for weather cancels.

Comment

And fall and spring leagues may last 12 weekends to play 10 games home and away and some make up for weather cancels.
        In Florida, many spring leagues go from March-May. Another presesaon may start in January and some tournaments in Jan. Feb too. Usually no regular league games on or around holiday weekends. Some tournaments are planned for holiday weekends....

Comment

When does the pre season start in the fall is that now or mid August ? I am getting conflicting things from club and other people. Nobody seems to be transparent down here so far. I am not sure on the reasoning because we are new, feel like we are being sized up by other families and the coaches don’t seem to be truthful.

Comment

When does the pre season start in the fall is that now or mid August ? I am getting conflicting things from club and other people. Nobody seems to be transparent down here so far. I am not sure on the reasoning because we are new, feel like we are being sized up by other families and the coaches don’t seem to be truthful.
            Maybe your kid sucks

Comment

Maybe your kid sucks
              Okay that’s a reasonable answer, so then the club should say that this isn’t the right place for him and the professional courtsey would to direct us to the right environment

Comment

I’m assuming you are on a competitive team. Every club is different and even coaches have a different way of doing things. Some practice through the summer. Some take a break before starting a new season. Pre-season is generally anything that happens before the regular season starts. There are some preseason tournaments here and there. Sometimes they are more informal tournament (no champion/trophy) and are cheaper than normal tournament.

It also depends on the age group and the league you are in. You haven’t provided enough info for anyone to give a straight answe. And the answer will differ from club to club and team to team. If you have asked your coach straight up what the deal is and don’t get a straight answer then he/she may not be a good coach or new and finding his/her way.

At this point, you’ve already signed with a club/team. The age group matters a lot since older kids start earlier. But if by now you don’t know when practices will start, or at least a general idea of when they will start you need to contact the coach directly and get an answer.

Comment

I’m assuming you are on a competitive team. Every club is different and even coaches have a different way of doing things. Some practice through the summer. Some take a break before starting a new season. Pre-season is generally anything that happens before the regular season starts. There are some preseason tournaments here and there. Sometimes they are more informal tournament (no champion/trophy) and are cheaper than normal tournament.

It also depends on the age group and the league you are in. You haven’t provided enough info for anyone to give a straight answe. And the answer will differ from club to club and team to team. If you have asked your coach straight up what the deal is and don’t get a straight answer then he/she may not be a good coach or new and finding his/her way.

At this point, you’ve already signed with a club/team. The age group matters a lot since older kids start earlier. But if by now you don’t know when practices will start, or at least a general idea of when they will start you need to contact the coach directly and get an answer.

Yes thanks, we don’t know when practices start or what team we are assigned to we haven’t signed up with the club because they told us to wait to see what spots were available. I have two kids one played DA level in California the other was below that level, but it all seems kind of late now to not have some definitive answers. Thus why iam confused by the lack of transparency. If the da level boy has to start lower and work his way back up fine but to get no indications is really odd.

Comment

Ask the coach to explain. If he cannot, do not joint that team.

Comment

Maybe your kid sucks
                      Or his club sucks. That is more likely.

And you're a dik. 100% sure on that one.

Comment

Preseason is just like college football. Good teams can get some easy GotPoints to help get into the big tournaments and the little teams get a chance to develop while losing is acceptable.

Comment

There is preseason and then there is pre-preseason. Our clubs competitive travel teams started practicing two weeks ago. Forget having a summer off.

Comment

Okay that’s a reasonable answer, so then the club should say that this isn’t the right place for him and the professional courtsey would to direct us to the right environment
                            But then they will lose your fees. It's you and your kid's job to find the right environment. Oh, and you have to find it before you commit to the club because they probably won't release him/her to go elsewhere without another fee once your kid has been rostered.

If you ever find something seems weird during your child's youth soccer journey just follow the money and it will probably all make more sense.

Comment

Here’s what I know it’s all BS and why American soccer metholdgy is a joke at best. So kids come off summer break off what two months, oh yeah let’s play in a pre season tournament out of the gates, bloody retarded, kids aren’t in shape physically or mentally yet and lets play 4 games in 100 degree heat humidity factor in Florida. Also while iam at it your South American soccer is ****, you have all this talent and it’s kids with absolutely zero soccer IQ, look at Johnny dribble two three people in his own end he’s so good. Are you kidding me, is that faster or maybe dim wit coaches it’s quicker to move the ball and conserve some energy. I see it everywhere here and it’s why your kids don’t make it. I would rather have players that have a brain than can dribble half th field. It’s not the kids fault I see this crap at the da level as well what a joke that is as well. Get qualified coaches S Florida your ripping parents off to no end! You could hire professional coaches from Europe with all the funds local clubs are collecting. American youth soccer is a scam

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X