Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbu u17b

2nd year in a row this team has made the finals at the National Championships.

I'm sure this statement will bring out the worst Talking Soccer has to offer; but this has to be one of the best teams this state has ever produced.

Good Luck TBU.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I'm sure this statement will bring out the worst Talking Soccer has to offer; but this has to be one of the best teams this state has ever produced.

Good Luck TBU.
    Also the best players on that team from the year prior went to the Chargers DA. That just goes to show you how week regular club soccer is, compared to the DA.

Comment

Also the best players on that team from the year prior went to the Chargers DA. That just goes to show you how week regular club soccer is, compared to the DA.
      Not true. Many non DA teams would be DA teams. I would put my money on TBU to beat that Chargers DA team. DA would never allow the game to happen because of fear of getting beat and embarrassed. By the way, last year the Leg AZ team that won state beat handily the Orlando City DA when they played.

Comment

2-1 tbu in the 80th min

Comment

2-2 89th min

Comment

Good Luck TBU.
            Thanks dad.

Comment

2-2 89th min
              4-2 TBU loss. Great job boys, made Florida proud. Played your hearts out

Comment

For 80 minutes anyway...

Comment

Not true. Many non DA teams would be DA teams. I would put my money on TBU to beat that Chargers DA team. DA would never allow the game to happen because of fear of getting beat and embarrassed. By the way, last year the Leg AZ team that won state beat handily the Orlando City DA when they played.
                  Not in your wettest dream. I asked that specific question to the parents of the players that came over from that TBU team to the DA and they said that while there were one or two field players that could have made the DA roster, that stayed at TBU, the level of play and competition was much much higher at the DA level. They said the TBU national Championship team would lose by about 4 or 5 goals to the Chargers DA team. They stated that the speed and physicality of the DA level was just much higher, which is the way it should be, don't you think?

Comment

2-1 up 89th minute, lost 4-2 in OT! So close yet so far!

Comment

2-1 up 89th minute, lost 4-2 in OT! So close yet so far!
                      Lost when 2-1 up in 89th minute? Sounds like bad coaching ...

Comment

Lost when 2-1 up in 89th minute? Sounds like bad coaching ...
                        And bad conditioning

Comment

For 80 minutes anyway...
                          More like 89.30 minutes!!! Tbu should have had every man back for last minute or 2 but from what I saw on video not even close. Guy who tied it was wide open. Terrible coaching..

Comment

Man, watching this game on youtube was pretty painful. The quality and speed of play was definitely several levels down from the DA level. Whoever said in an earlier post that they could beat the Chargers DA team should get their head examined.

Comment

I am not against USSDA, but really there's 2 worlds of DA: MLS and everyone else. The MLS Academies are so far ahead in terms of being a "pro academy" that the comparison is similar to DA vs. club. Galaxy has the first team mentoring the academy players, and most players attend class right there at Stub Hub. Philly Union, Dallas, and a couple others also have their players all day, living together and going to the same school. DC United now have the online school requirement for its players so they have more flexible training hours so they have more exposure to first team coaches and training experience. They also have about 6 levels of teams to move players through, all being coached in the same method as determined by the academy director and in line with the first team. An by first team, I mean the MLS team, not the top DA team.
                              Before there's all the responses about, "Well Chargers DA beat X MLS Academy team..." That doesn't matter to any of the MLS Academies, and they prove it every week. Their top players aren't staying on their academy teams, they're moved to the PDL, USL, or MLS team. Galaxy, Dallas, and many other MLS teams have signed multiple players from the academy instead of keeping them on a u16 or u18 DA team to win some DA league game or tournament.

And the best player on that TBU National Champ team last year stayed and is probably still the best player.

The DA is fine, provides a more professional training schedule than almost every club system, but it's not the only way, and there's certainly a difference in the level of professionalism between DA clubs. Heck, look at the mess OC made of their academy, there's even quite a difference between levels within MLS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X