WNT game on Sunday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer families blow their soccer budgets on soccer lessons and dumb travel expenses. How about this soccer industry - are you listening? Stop make me fly across the country to play in a tournament and I will buy lots of NWSL tickets? Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Soccer families blow their soccer budgets on soccer lessons and dumb travel expenses. How about this soccer industry - are you listening? Stop make me fly across the country to play in a tournament and I will buy lots of NWSL tickets? Deal?
      Sure you will

Comment

Sure you will
        Spoken like a member of the soccer industrial complex.

My family goes to games that are freebies and have deals and stuff and really enjoy it and we had a bigger ticket budget, would absolutely go see more games. No cross country trips to play kid soccer frees up a lot of ticket money daddy warbucks.

Comment

My family goes to games that are freebies and have deals and stuff and really enjoy it and we had a bigger ticket budget, would absolutely go see more games. No cross country trips to play kid soccer frees up a lot of ticket money daddy warbucks.
          You don’t need to go cross country. That’s a choice

Comment

No love of the game. Sad.

US soccer culture in a nutshell.

- Portuguese fans traveling around the east coast to see Benfica.
            - 100k at the big house to see Liverpool v ManU

USWNT can’t get CT players off their tokus
            they love to PLAY the game -they dont love to watch others play it

Comment

so is going to watch a game, a choice

Comment

so is going to watch a game, a choice
                Duh. A much more reasonable choice. It’s not an either or.

Comment

they love to PLAY the game -they dont love to watch others play it
                  That’s not love; that’s affection.

Love of soccer is thinking, practicing, watching or playing every waking hour.

Don’t take it personally... Most US kids don’t truly love soccer. Compare that to the basketball or football culture. It’s night and day

Comment

Must suck to be poor

Comment

In the girls side, you can play up or maybe play up with boys for a while in a lower level league to be challenged and avoid the travel burden. Gets almost impossible by teen years. You can travel and be in a challenging environment or you can play school ball or no very competitive club soccer. If you join a high level team and won't do the travel...does not go over well.

Comment

Must suck to be poor
                        Definitely does if you want to play high level soccer. Low income players don't do it. Such is life.

Comment

That’s not love; that’s affection.

Love of soccer is thinking, practicing, watching or playing every waking hour.

Don’t take it personally... Most US kids don’t truly love soccer. Compare that to the basketball or football culture. It’s night and day
                          i dont-
                          and i agree soccer is no better than a 4th rate sport for american kids

Comment

Duh. A much more reasonable choice. It’s not an either or.
                            well my kid doesn't pay to play so attending a game actually cost more
                            she does pay to travel but that was offset by the scholy- so traveling cross country actually was cheaper than going to the game in hartford

Comment

she does pay to travel but that was offset by the scholy- so traveling cross country actually was cheaper than going to the game in hartford
                              Awesome. Congrats. Still not an either or scenario

Not sure how A xcountry flight, hotel and car for multiple days is cheaper than a day trip to Hartford.

Comment

Boy academy players don't have to pay for fees or travel. Us soccer is so not focused on females.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X