Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, but that back half of the Shelton side is a pretty difficult group of girls to get by. Big strong goalkeeper coming back this year, All-stater anchoring the center of their defense and a ton of seniors and varsity experience sitting in the back four and defensive midfield.

They won't have to score very many, because not many schools are going to score on them.
    Flawed logic.

The keys to HS soccer are a strong keeper and a dangerous attacking player up top.

There are enough skilled attacking coaches players in the SCC that easily capitalize on mistakes by your back line. Don’t kid yourself. Need firepower up to win

Comment

Flawed logic.

The keys to HS soccer are a strong keeper and a dangerous attacking player up top.

There are enough skilled attacking coaches players in the SCC that easily capitalize on mistakes by your back line. Don’t kid yourself. Need firepower up to win
      you are delusional. there's not a ton of quality in SCC. Skilled coaches in SCC? Have you seen DD in action at Hand? goodness gracious

Comment

Flawed logic.

Defense wins championships. I’ll take a strong back line over one dangerous attacking player up top any day.

Comment

Defense wins championships. I’ll take a strong back line over one dangerous attacking player up top any day.
          Shelton Soccer = BIG/KICK Ball Far

Comment

Are your backs going to score?

Comment

Are your backs going to score?
              Yup they sure will on overlapping runs, corners and set pieces. My mids and my semi talented striker will knock a few in as well. Key is, we won’t give up many goals at all. I’ll stick with the solid back line over one dangerous striker...

Comment

Shelton has kids that can score but the keeper from last year is in college.

Comment

Shelton has kids that can score but the keeper from last year is in college.
                  The one replacing her looks just as technically sided and is bigger, stronger and more athletic.

Comment

Yup they sure will on overlapping runs, corners and set pieces. My mids and my semi talented striker will knock a few in as well. Key is, we won’t give up many goals at all. I’ll stick with the solid back line over one dangerous striker...
                    they better be really fast on the counter- you just put a strong back line team into a track meet

Comment

The one replacing her looks just as technically sided and is bigger, stronger and more athletic.
                      Right ... cmon now lay of the promotion

Comment

Right ... cmon now lay of the promotion
                        Yes dad needs to stop putting a target on his kids' back. It never ends well.

Comment

Who is the last Shelton HS player to have success in college?

Comment

Who is the last Shelton HS player to have success in college?
                            Zero. Just like every other kid in the scc

Comment

Shelton has/had the players to be successful, their problem is the coaching...period. They can never get it right, and their teams grow weaker and divided as the season progresses. Anyone who is familiar with the Shelton girls knows this is true. It’s been too bad as there have been some talented teams the past few years but have really under performed. This will be their last chance because after this year, doesn’t look good.

Comment

Shelton has/had the players to be successful, their problem is the coaching...period. They can never get it right, and their teams grow weaker and divided as the season progresses. Anyone who is familiar with the Shelton girls knows this is true. It’s been too bad as there have been some talented teams the past few years but have really under performed. This will be their last chance because after this year, doesn’t look good.
                                Shelton makes Guilford/Hand look like technical teams. Shelton is big and lumbering and slam the ball down field. Nothing special going on at shelton or SCC. Yawn

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X